Lucario  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo DS/DSI/3DS

Notices

Nintendo DS/DSI/3DS Anything Nintendo DS, DS Lite, 3DS, and DSi related.

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #1
LafterIzPhun
The Troll
Points: 702, Level: 14 Points: 702, Level: 14 Points: 702, Level: 14
User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Horny
LafterIzPhun is a jewel in the roughLafterIzPhun is a jewel in the roughLafterIzPhun is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

The 'L' and 'R' Button

Me and my cousin, and a few others have had this same problem. The L and R buttons on the DS Lite just crap out. I am wondering if that has happened to any of you, and if there is any way to fix it, and if you know what causes it. I would also like to know if it could happen to my DSi. My DS Lite had its L button dead for a long time. I managed to get by without it. Then, last week, my R button crapped. I am really upset, because I have nothing to play my GBA games with after it is officially dead. It works every once in awhile still. The R does. The L is dead completely lol. Plz reply lol!!

I am the troll, so don't you dare!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
Tanis
Ordinary
Points: 5,919, Level: 49 Points: 5,919, Level: 49 Points: 5,919, Level: 49
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama WiiU ID: Peridot-sama
The DS and DS Lite have notoriously bad hinges, that's usually the cause of the problem that arises with the L/R buttons. My first DS actually broke because of a bad hinge, but my current one didn't after having the L/R buttons crap out. The buttons get stuck from time to time, but they're still functional. Playing around with them for awhile usually fixes them. If possible you might have to pop the button back in place with a screwdriver if it doesn't respond. Though if one of your hinges are cracked or broken, you may need another DS.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #3
LafterIzPhun
The Troll
User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald

LafterIzPhun is a jewel in the roughLafterIzPhun is a jewel in the roughLafterIzPhun is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty 

lol my mom wont go for another one. She was very upset when I asked for a DSi for Christmas. But she got it anyways lol. Will just have to find my Silver SP. lol. Of course, I could save up my own money, and buy one. But I plan on saving up for a laptop. Need one really badly.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #4
Azure Dragonius
The No More Hero
Points: 824, Level: 15 Points: 824, Level: 15 Points: 824, Level: 15
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Cheerful
Azure Dragonius is on a distinguished road

A while back, when I first got Pokemon Platinum (I got it the day it came out, I believe, in case you were wondering), I stuck it in my DS, then I flipped the DS's top screen up. What happens next?

BLARGH THE RIGHT HINGE POPS OFF AND THE DS'S TOP SCREEN IS DANGLING DOWN BY ONE HINGE

Super glue saved it, for the most part; I can't close it, but it's still alive. Then I find out my R button keeps messing up and I have to friggin' MASH the button down for it to work. L button's fine.

Skip to a few months later. R button's still screwy, but now the L button doesn't want to work at all. Damn DS Lite.

I'm not sure how to fix it because I haven't done so myself, so I can't really help you in that department, sorry. Just wanted to share that story.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #5
Mikematute
Zombie Prosecutor
Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Gaming
Mikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Review of the Month Poster 
Total Awards: 4

it hapens to the DSi of my little bro. damm the R button is screwed.

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK I AM
Old 03-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #6
LafterIzPhun
The Troll

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty 

first, i would like to point out, its harder than hell to do forums on a DSi. sooooooo slow!!!
second, i believe i just asked if it happened, didnt need to know HOW to fix it.
and third, u said it mike lol.

Closed Thread