Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Classic Nintendo Reviews

Notices

Classic Nintendo Reviews Section for all Retro Nintendo Games for NES, SNES, Gamecube, Nintendo 64, Gameboy

Comment

Review Tools
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
Rainbow notes!
Published by Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
03-07-2011
Author review
GraphicsN/A
StorylineN/A
Controls/GameplayN/A
SoundN/A
Average N/A%
Smile Harvest Moon: Magical Melody

What could be better than a farming simulator with cute little animals? A farming simulator with cute little chibi animals! Harvest Moon Magical Melody piles on the cuteness and color while making an entertaining game.

This game begins with you choosing your character gender, either male or female. You have a dream where the Harvest Goddess gets turned to stone, because people don’t believe in her anymore. When you awake, you meet the harvest sprites, who take you to the Harvest Goddess’ spring. Just like in your dream, she’s nothing but a mere statue! The harvest sprites ask you to collect 100 notes to help bring her back…hence the name “Magical Melody”.

The main objective of the game is to collect the notes to revive the Goddess. Some notes are very easily achieved, but others take a little work. On the note screen, each note offers a hint at how to get it. Play around and try different things, you might be surprised!

Magical Melody is not like other Harvest Moons. In this game, you no longer inherit the ancient lands of your family, you are able to buy a completely new plot of land. There are three choices available for you to choose, beach, town and river. Each land has its own advantages and disadvantages.

Unlike other Harvest Moons, this game also gives you the options to choose your home color and furniture style, and decide where it is placed! As the game progresses, you may buy new pieces of land to expand your farming empire. This is especially useful if you buy the river or town plot to live on, as you will soon run out of space. As you buy new farm buildings, you can decide which piece of land you own to set them on. This is one of my favorite things about the game, to move things around as I please.

The graphics are really nice, just overbearingly cute and chibi. For some, the overwhelming cuteness may put them off. But in my case, I quite enjoy the big-eyed, bubbly characters. Even the animals are chibis, short and fat. This is one of Magical Melody’s charms, and the colorful landscapes make the game all the more compelling.

The soundtrack is addictive. Like other Harvest Moons, it changes seasonally. However, I enjoy the upbeat music rather than detest it, as in other games. You will find the songs quickly stuck in your head and might find yourself humming them! The Spring soundtrack is my favorite of the four songs.

Your town is quite empty at the beginning; it is up to you as a farmer to ship the goods on your farm to get more villagers to move in. As your farm grows and prospers, so will the village around you! As more villagers come, more shops and services will be available to you, as well as more bachelors or bachelorettes to choose from!

Like in other games of the series, one of your objectives is to get married. I enjoyed the wider selection of bachelors and bachelorettes this game offers. Each one has a completely different and quirky personality, and honestly, I found them all, male and female alike, very charming. This made selection very difficult and I have played several files through the years to have a chance at them all! <3

Even if none of the prospects impress you, there’s always Jamie, your farming rival, whom is always the opposite gender of your character.

This game gets a good review from me, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The cute characters, colorful landscapes, challenge to collect notes, and catchy music keep me coming back for more farming fun!
Published by
Pink Pearl Voice
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Sponsored Links
By SuperGamecube64 on 03-07-2011, 05:28 PM
I didn't like this as much as a Wonderful Life, but ti was ok.
By Keyman4 on 03-07-2011, 05:53 PM
decent review, cc.
By Final Flourish on 04-02-2011, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aike View Post
I find there is a place which has a group of laptops for sale. Most of them are nice cheap

netbooks. I choose some better among them and list them below:

samsung netbook 10.1

13.3" Laptop Intel Atom N455 1GB 160GB With WiFi Webcam[/url]
netbook deals black friday

10.2-inch Mini Netbook Laptops N450 Wifi With 1.3M Webcam
---
laptopspari.com
Uhm, okay?

Good review, though, Crayonz.
Comment

Tags
farming, gamecube, harvest moon, magical melody