Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Creative Corner > Profiles and Blogs

Notices

Profiles and Blogs Blogs and Profiles written by our members, telling about themselves.

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,321, Level: 100 Points: 31,321, Level: 100 Points: 31,321, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Got a new wireless card, but having some problems

So yeah, while I was at bowling tonight my dad bought me a brand new high tech wireless card for my actual computer that I haven't been able to use for a couple of weeks now...

The bad news is that it's a Dell Dimension 2400 from 2003. The computer was in good running condition, but when we installed the wireless card it crashed the computer... Umm... So we used install discs to get it back up and running and got the wireless card installed. Problem is that it is now still making a hell of a lot of noise but is running very slowly. Speed is increasing slowly but I am still at like 80 MB of my ram at the moment out of about 300 that I usually get (512 is what my total ram is). My computer did do this in the past when it needed updates in the past, and surprise, surprise it needs the updates right now.

This could simply be the updates slowing the computer down as usual or the wireless card is too strong... I don't know... I'm scared to reboot at this point after it crashed before...

Not sure what this thread is, just to keep you posted I guess, I'm hoping this is just the updates but it may not be. It could be the card and my computer may be reaching it's end which is probably considered as the right time at 8 years of age for a computer. Normally I can patch this up and that's what I'm hoping to do right now and get some stuff done to make it run good again and hopefully since this card is a lot faster, I'll have a lot better internet too.

That's it for now, I'll keep you posted.

Edit: I'm tempted to delete this, It's actually running really fast now that the updates are done so yay. I'm still afraid to turn off the computer though.

Last edited by Cam3ron36@NFF; 03-14-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2011, 11:45 PM   #2
Lukario
Soft Edge
Points: 12,184, Level: 72 Points: 12,184, Level: 72 Points: 12,184, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Well, I would consider waiting it out, like you said, but if it keeps up take it back (if that's a possibility) or go to a tech store and see if they have suggestions.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:02 AM   #3
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,321, Level: 100 Points: 31,321, Level: 100 Points: 31,321, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
I don't know, I thought it was alright but now it's acting funny again. Then again it needs Microsoft updates again apparently I want to reboot it sinc eit probably needs that after new hardware and software being installed. I can run my 360 off it now via the "bridge connections" thing Rin and SGC64 use but that's about all the good it's doing for me at this point. I had really speedy internet for a bit there... Not sure what to think.