Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Creative Corner > Stories and Creative Writing

Notices

Stories and Creative Writing Show off all your Creative Writing and Stories.

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
CosmicMega
A Mega Guy in Cosmos
Points: 1,695, Level: 23 Points: 1,695, Level: 23 Points: 1,695, Level: 23

CosmicMega has a spectacular aura aboutCosmicMega has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 1

Mafia: Mario

Greetings, all! I come to you with a story I wrote a while back; Mafia: Mario. I think you may be able to guess the content: Mario characters come together to play the awesome party game of Mafia. I wrote this a while back; I'd say about seven months ago; so my writing abilities have improved since then. However, I'm still fairly proud of this work, and so I shall post it here.

Hope you like it.

--

Chapter 1: Suspicions Aroused

A chopper's blades could be heard beating in the air, as the sun rose on a fresh, dewy new day. Or rather, the sun didn't rise, in this place. The sky never failed to be dark and unwelcoming in Twilight Town and the surrounding area, thus making the 20 people inside the chopper all the more anxious about the experience they were about to endure.

Grubba looked on as the helicopter approached, feeling giddy about the beginning of the game, as well as the spoils he would receive for his participation.

'Heh heh heh, like I care about the prize for this thang!' Grubba thought, rubbing his hands together. 'I'M gettin' the real prize...this'll up mah publicity a hundredfold! I'm makin' the real dough here! Haw haw haw!'

As Grubba relished in the benefits of being the host of a TV reality show, one broadcast all over the Mushroom Kingdom, no less, the chopper almost landed on him, and he yelped loudly as he jumped back to avoid being squished once he saw its shadow right on top of him.

As the contestants got out of the copter, they stared at Grubba strangely, and the red-haired Clubba got up and shook himself, turning red from embarrassment.

"Um...Grubba?" Mario asked, confused. "Didn't...I mean...aren't you...you know...evil? Not to mention dead?"

"Heh heh, I knew ya would ask that question, ya nosy little devil!" Grubba exclaimed, grinning as he got himself back together. "Well, I'm fully reformed now, Mario-boy. No need to worry, a'right, ol' pal?" Grubba patted Mario on the back in a friendly way, making the heroic plumber twitch in discomfort.

"Woah, look at this turnout!" Grubba shouted, as the rest of the players emerged from the helicopter and the red-shelled Koopa piloting the machine tipped his hat at Grubba and wasted no time in taking off. "Man, oodles 'a strong players! I know from first sight! Look at you folks!"

The Players:

Mario
Reason for playing: Adventure
Profile: Mafia sounded like a natural fit for me; I'm pretty good at strategies, so I can definitely help the town take this. I'll weed out the scum in no time.

Luigi
Reason for playing: Recognition
Profile: I just want to be famous like my brother! Maybe if I can win this stupid game, people will FINALLY stop ignoring me and see me as important, too! I'm not just a green guy! I'm Luigi, darn it!

Peach
Reason for playing: Getting out
Profile: I really just need to get out of the castle. Toadsworth can be such a worrywart! Tee hee…plus, Mario's here! So this will definitely be fun!

Yoshi
Reason for playing: Fun
Profile: I really just want to have fun. That's all I need for this game to be good. Besides, there's been no good competition in the island races, well, not since Boshi left, so it's gotten a little bored around there.

Daisy
Reason for playing: Adventure
Profile: Oh, this just going to be great! There's going to be lots of fun strategizing, and maybe we'll get to do challenges…it'll just be great!

Bowser
Reason for playing: Beating Mario
Profile: I just wanna crush that stupid plumber's hopes and dreams! Mwa ha ha! Plus, maybe Peach will be interested in me if I win! It's a total win-win here, as far as I can see!

Toad
Reason for playing: Promotion
Profile: If I can outsmart everyone and win this game, then Peach could give me that promotion to assistant! I so need higher rates!

Toadette
Reason for playing: Being with Toad
Profile: Um…I just did this because my brother said it would be fun, and I don't like being separated from my twin brother…well, who knows? Maybe it will be fun! I hope I'm a good guy!

Wario
Reason for playing: Money
Profile: Wa ha ha! I'm going to win this game and take all they have in this pop stand! Then I can go home and brag to Mona and Kat and Ana and Jimmy…and I can brag to my brother while I'm here! Wa ha!

Waluigi
Reason for playing: Beating Wario
Profile: Nrrgghhhh…my brother always leaves me in the dark on his plans! Well, he isn't the only greedy, nasty, detestable one around here! I'll show him!

Rosalina
Reason for playing: Destiny
Profile: I just know that I'm destined to play this game…and win! The stars have created some strange constellations, and I know I must compete in this game…trust me!

Rawk Hawk
Reason for playing: To RAWK
Profile: I'm totally gonna RAWK the other players here…I'll own this dumb game! RAAAAWWWWWWK!

Doopliss
Reason for playing: Pranking people
Profile: This is such a great game to play! I can pull pranks on everyone and they'll think it isn't me! Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee heeeee!

Dimentio
Reason for playing: Being a mastermind
Profile: Hmmm…a lot of strategy is involved with this game, and I'm an expert at tricking people…seems like the perfect game for me!

O'Chunks
Reason for playing: Chunkin'
Profile: I'll just chunk everyone! Easy game! Heh heh!

Watt
Reason for playing: Fun
Profile: I wanna have fun while I'm here! Being an electrician over at Toad Town has gotten kinda boring…plus, I get to see Mario again! He's a great friend of mine!

Kalmar
Reason for playing: Sharpening of mind
Profile: I still need to increase my abilities in areas of strategy and meditation…this game will be good practice for it, though I'll undergo serious training afterwards.

Bowser Jr.
Reason for playing: Outshining brothers and sisters
Profile: Hmph! My brothers and sisters say I'm not an official Koopaling or something, because Mom had me, like, five or six years after Larry was born…well, that's stupid! And I'm gonna show 'em!

Dry Bones
Reason for playing: Something to do
Profile: I hate my job at the circus…I took a leave of absence and I need something to do with my time. This seemed as good an option as any.

Chuck Quizno
Reason for playing: ?
Profile: That's right, all, the recognizable Chuck Quizno is competing here in this game for all to see! Watch as he dazzles and amazes all with his tricky playstyle; confounds and confuses opponents with his riddles! Yessiree, Chuck Quizmo can't be beaten in this Mafia game!

"Okay, then, I think we should all head on inside before I give ya a quick refresher of the rules and whatnot," stated Grubba, smiling warmly as he opened the gates for everyone and allowed them all entrance to the gloomy confines of the Twilight Mansion.

Everyone looked around in wonder as they entered the doors and came inside the Entrance Hall. Negotiations had been made with the mansion's Boo population, and they were allowing the contestants free rein of the mansion unless they disrupted the Boos' general environment too much.

"I hear the beds are really comfy here, and we all get our own rooms!" Peach said brightly, her eyes flicking around the spacious room in excitement.

"That's right, li'l lady!" Grubba confirmed, walking up to stand beside Peach as he looked around as well. "Ain't she a beaut? I'm the one who got the ol' thing for y'all, so be sure to thank me sometime!" However, Grubba wasn't allowing too much sightseeing, and he snapped his fingers to get everyone's attention after a few more seconds.

"All right, we're gonna be in this room a lot, y'all." Grubba explained. "For a while every day, you'll meet in here and decide, by spoken vote, who to 'lynch', or, in other words, eliminate from the game. The majority vote needed to get someone out of here depends on the number o' players left. I'll observe from the balcony while y'all are in here. Once majority has been reached, the person who majority's been put towards has to leave the mansion immediately. It's also an option to vote for 'no-lynch', which just means you don't wanna vote someone off that day.

"Once someone is lynched, I'll give y'all the profile they got before the game; their alliance, town, mafia, or neutral, and any abilities they might have had. Now, let me get on to alliances; this whole game is town vs. mafia, with one neutral person, sometimes two, thrown in to mix things up. The town are the good guys, so to speak, and going into the game, they don't know who's a townie, mafia, or neutral, so it's a bit trickier for 'em, even though there are lots more of 'em than there are mafia, and definitely a lot more than whoever's in neutral. They gotta figure things out by readin' people and makin' guesses at the very first day, before ya can use abilities. Anyhoo, the town wins when all the mafia and the one neutral player have all been eliminated from the game.

"There are only six mafia members in this whole game, but going into it they know who each other are, and they know who all the townies are; although, they don't know the abilities of anyone aside from each other, and the neutral will just be identified as a townie in the before-game info they get. Still, it's easier for 'em than it is for the town. The one key thing about bein' a mafia is you have to pretend you're a townie to stay safe durin' the day; steppin' up and sayin' you're a mafia right off the bat'll get you voted off in an instant. The mafia wins when they outnumber the amount of townies left in the game, and they eliminate the one neutral player.

"Finally, the neutral. He's gotta pretend like he's a townie, too, 'cause he's got an ability that's just like the mafia's; I'll explain that a bit later. But anyway, the neutral is sorta…special. He's got the hardest win, too; he only wins if he ends up in a final two.

"Now, abilities. These are activated durin' the night, and basically, if you have an ability, you c'n come to me at night and tell me you want to activate it. You're allowed to say you have an ability and that you used it, but you can't, say, play video footage; this whole mansion has been outfitted with cameras; off to anyone, so ya have to rely on claimin' and whatnot. But, anyway, the entire mafia has one ability that they discuss durin' the night, an' once they come to an agreement, they come and tell me the player they wanna eliminate. That's the basis of the game; you townies gotta win even though the mafia eliminates one of ya every night. The townies have abilities too, though, so keep mind of that. Oh, and the neutral gets to eliminate someone on even-numbered nights; see how he's dangerous? Oh, and there are mafia with individual abilities.

"Well, that's just about everything, y'all!" Grubba exclaimed, grinning toothily. "Go dump your bags in yer rooms and get used to the place, and come back here and start discussin' in thirty minutes." Everyone nodded, and quickly ran up the stairway to the balcony, everyone running into random rooms. Basically, if it had a bed in it, they chose that.

"Wa ha ha! I'm going to explore!" Wario announced, waddling out of his room and going as fast as he could down the stairs and to a large pair of doors situated at one end of the entrance hall.

"Hey, Wario, wait up! I wanna see if there's loot in this place!" Waluigi called, sliding down the rail on the stairs and following Wario through the doors. Soon enough, most everyone had gone after them, except for a select few who remained in the ground on the entrance hall.

"Hmmm…I'll stay here." Dimentio decided, crossing his arms and sitting on a dusty chest in the room. "I think I'll plan something out in my head. The first lynch will be tricky."

"Nee hee hee! I'll set up a prank for 'em!" Doopliss shouted, situated by the doors they had gone through and setting up a makeshift contraption.

"I shall meditate." Kalmar stated, floating in midair and closing his eyes, staying perfectly still.

"Hmmm…I'll stretch a bit, and then I'll follow them!" Daisy exclaimed, flexing her body around. Dimentio eyed her warily, ideas filling his mind.

'Isn't she the most happy-go-lucky among her buddies?' thought Dimentio. 'I'd think that she'd be following them immediately…this is strange. Could she be strategizing? Of course, I'm doing it too, but it's still mafia-like…'

As Dimentio was contemplating his options, the sixteen who had left were in another part of the mansion…

--

"Wow, this is really cool!" Watt shouted, surging ahead of the group. "It's all spooky and dark! I love creepy places that I can light up!"

"Hey, Watt, come back!" Mario shouted, trying to catch up to her. "You're our light! Don't get ahead of us!"

"This so does not RAAAAWWWWWK!" Rawk Hawk yelled, rubbing his arms and looking around in a frightened way. "I don't like dark places! This is weird!"

"Stop being such a baby." O'Chunks quipped, turning to Rawk Hawk. "Or I'll CHUNK ya! Haw haw haw!"

'Oh, wait, I forgot to tell them about the Swoo-' Mario began, but didn't have time to finish his thoughts, as a Swooper came down at that very moment, making almost everyone jump back or scream.

"GYAH! I'M GETTIN' OUT OF HERE!" Bowser screeched, turning around and running back to the doors, slightly shaking the floors and huffing and puffing all the while.

"I'm with ya, dad!" Bowser Jr. called, scurrying after his fearsome father. Everyone else followed suit, except for Dry Bones, who was fascinated with the creature and let it take perch on his arm.

"Dry Bones! Are you insane?" Toadette asked, looking back at him with a shocked face.

"You can't commune with Swoopers, you fool!" Rosalina added, just as she was preparing to get back into the entrance hall, her hands on the doors' handles. "Let that thing go!"

"You go on ahead, guys." Dry Bones said softly, watching as the Swooper's eyes flicked around the corridor. "I'll catch up."

Rosalina rolled her eyes and opened the doors, letting everyone out.

Dimentio stared in confusion and Daisy was almost run over as everyone but Dry Bones came rushing back in, breathing heavily.

"Guys? I was just about to come out!" Daisy proclaimed, a bit disappointed.

"I wasn't finished with my praaaank!" Doopliss whined, gripping a molasses-filled balloon and some twine.

"There are Swoopers in there, Daisy! Don't go!" Toad said hurriedly, his face a blistering red due to the speed he had ran at.

"Really?" Daisy asked, perplexed. "Well, if it isn't safe…"

"Let's…let's just wait here until…the whole talking thing starts, guys." Peach suggested, leaning against the stairway railing. Everyone agreed, and assembled around the hall. A few minutes later, Dry Bones returned, and spoke to Toad, Toadette, and Peach about his dealings with the Swooper, while Bowser watched jealously.

'How dare Dry Bones talk to those morons? He's MY servant!' Bowser thought angrily, gritting his sharp fangs. 'I'm gonna vote him out! Little betrayer!'

And Bowser made such a decision just in time, as Grubba leaned over the balcony and made an announcement just then. "Start discussin' who to lynch, y'all! Once majority vote is reached on one person, that person is eliminated! Now, shoot!"

"I vote Dry Bones!" Bowser declared, wasting no time.

"Huh?" Dry Bones asked, shocked. "But…why me?"

"Because you were talking to Princess Peach and her lackeys, that's why!" Bowser said smugly, crossing his arms in triumph.

"How does that mean I'm mafia, though?" Dry Bones asked incredulously.

Bowser faltered for a moment, looking up in frustrated thought, before coming up with an answer. "Because I said so!"

Dry Bones scoffed, shaking his head.

"I vote Daisy." Dimentio said calmly, sitting lightly on one of the posts at the end of the stairway railing. "I thought it was a bit strange how she didn't immediately follow you, but what was quite strange was how long she took to stretch."

"So, what do you care, jester freak?" Daisy asked meanly, surprising Luigi a bit, who was sitting next to her. "You were thinking about who to vote, too! You're just as guilty!"

"That may be true, but I can say, with 100% surety, that I am a part of the town." Dimentio said coolly. "Can you?"

Daisy's face contorted. "Well, of course! What do you think?"

"I think that there is about a 26% chance that you are mafia." Dimentio informed her. "Now, can you defend yourself?"

"This is so stupid!" Daisy shouted, throwing her hands up in the air.

"There's no need to defend myself against baseless accusations!" Daisy took a short pause, before lashing out again. "Actually, I vote Dimentio! You're pointing your finger at me to draw attention away from yourself! Plus, you creep me out!"

"Um, I vote Dimentio, too," said Peach. "I think he doesn't have any reason to attack Daisy, which is suspicious."

"I gave you my reason!" Dimentio said in frustration. "She was staying here a while to strategize; she admitted it herself. However, I just like to build possible arguments and defenses in my head. I've read up on her, and she's very rash and strong-willed, so she wouldn't do that. She was looking at the townies in the room and trying to find out how to lynch them; I'm simply her first target."

"Dimentio, can you honestly tell me that you are a townie, and you believe Daisy is mafia?" Mario asked, stretching his head a little to get a better view of Dimentio.

Dimentio looked straight at Mario, and nodded. "Yes, I do."

Mario looked in Dimentio's eyes for a few seconds before speaking. "I vote Daisy."

"Mario, you can't be serious!" Daisy shouted, looking at the red-garbed plumber in disbelief.

"Yes, I am." Mario said solidly. "He's telling the truth. I'm not a HUNDRED percent sure that you are mafia, but I'm fairly sure. Dimentio's eyes convinced me."

"I, uh, vote Dimentio." Luigi said meekly, swallowing hard. "Daisy wouldn't lie. I'm gonna stand by her."

Daisy gave Luigi a sloppy kiss on the cheek. "Thanks, hon!" Luigi blushed heavily, laughing nervously.

Vote Count:
Dimentio (3): Daisy, Peach, Luigi
Daisy (2): Dimentio, Mario
Dry Bones (1): Bowser

"I unvote Dimentio, and I vote Daisy." Peach said worriedly. "Mario is always right about these things." Daisy gave her a dirty look, and she tried to ignore it.

"I vote Daisy, cause that's the cool thing to do, in order to RAAAAWWWWK!" Rawk Hawk yelled, grinning stupidly.

"THE Chuck Quizno, yes, the one, is voting DAISY!" Chuck Quizno said dramatically.

"I vote Daisy." Toadette said, raising her hand. "I don't think she's mafia, but it's the best thing to do.'

"Hey, how is it the best thing to do?" Watt asked, her curiosity sparked (excuse the pun). "Is she a townie that you're trying to lynch? Are YOU the mafia?"

"What? N-n-no!" Toadette shouted, waving her palms from side to side. "I'm not mafia! I'm not!"

"You seem desperate to get us to believe you…" Kalmar said thoughtfully. "You're a more sensible choice than Daisy. I vote Toadette."

"Now that I think about it, Toadette does seem more mafia-like." Dimentio noted. "I'll bite. Unvote Daisy, vote Toadette."

"I vote Toadette! Stupid girl! Wa ha ha!" Wario laughed devilishly.

"Hey, what's wrong with you guys?" Toad asked, standing up and looking around angrily. "This is such weak evidence! You can't just assume she's mafia from something like this!"

"It's better evidence than what we have on Daisy," argued Dimentio. "It's safer to put our votes towards Toadette."

"Yeah, I think this is something we can actually agree on." Daisy stated. "Unvote Dimentio, vote Toadette."

"Daisy is suspicious!" Toadette squealed. "She might not be mafia, but she's the closest."

Mario twitched a little and glanced down, but collected himself and sighed heavily. "I can't let emotion get in the way of decisions in this game. They didn't get in the way with Daisy." Mario's face hardened, and he looked up. "Unvote Daisy, vote Toadette."

"I'll, uh, I guess I'll unvote Daisy, and vote Toadette." Peach spoke out, as a crestfallen Toadette stared at the princess she served.

"Wait, wait! We're rushing things!" Waluigi shouted, waving his arms crazily. "I vote no-lynch! We need more solid evidence!"

"You're crazy, bro!" Wario yelled, pointing a fat finger at Waluigi. "Vote Toadette! She's helpless! Wa ha ha!"

"THE Chuck Quizno will unvote Daisy, and now vote, yes, he shall NOW VOTE, Toadette!" Chuck Quizno announced, as Toad looked over at him with a raised eyebrow.

Vote Count:
Toadette (7): Kalmar, Dimentio, Wario, Daisy, Mario, Peach, Chuck Quizno
Daisy (2): Rawk Hawk, Toadette
Dimentio (1): Luigi
No-lynch (1): Waluigi
Dry Bones (1): Bowser
Yet to vote (8): Yoshi, Toad, Rosalina, Doopliss, O'Chunks, Watt, Bowser Jr., Dry Bones

"Wait," began Toad. "Why does Dimentio rally a vote against Daisy, and suddenly bandwagon onto the vote against Toadette? I vote Dimentio! He's suspicious!"

"Yeah, that's why I haven't taken my vote off him." Luigi agreed, nodding slowly.

"I wanna CHUNK Toadette, the little puny girl!" O'Chunks shouted, flexing his muscles. "I vote Toadina, or…uh…what's-her-face!"

"I vote Toadette! It wouldn't be fun to prank her, because she might cry or something!" Doopliss exclaimed. "I wouldn't want that to happen! I'm not THAT bad a guy!"

"Yes, you are." Mario said sourly.

"Shut up, slick!" Doopliss retorted.

"If Toadette gets two more votes, she done be gone, y'all!" Grubba declared.

Toadette grimaced, holding up her tightly clenched fists. "Toad! Please, do something!"

"Don't worry, Toadette." Toad muttered, standing up and trotting into the center of the room. He looked around in disgust.

"I don't believe you guys!" Toad shouted, shaking his head. "Dimentio is, by far, the best choice! He's tons more suspicious than Toadette!" Toad walked back to his seat, having nothing more to say. There was a moment of silence, before yet another person spoke up.

"I'll go ahead and, uh, vote Toadette." Yoshi stated. Toad stared at him in shock, and Yoshi cringed. "Sorry, I think she's more likely to be town than Dimentio."

"I'll clinch it. I vote Toadette." Dry Bones added.

"Majority has been reached!"

Toadette looked horribly downcast. Toad let out an angered hiss of breath, turning away from Toadette to avoid seeing her sad face.

"Sorry, little lady, but you're gonna have to leave." Grubba said, looking at her with a sad smile. "The copter's waitin' outside for ya."

Toadette sniffed, pushing her tears back, and stood up, walking to the huge doors and opening them, with slight difficulty. They slammed behind her, and Grubba, smirking, took a piece of paper out of his pocket and threw it to the floor where the remaining players, walking to his office at the end of the hallway on the balcony.

Toad scrambled for the paper, diving to the floor and grabbing it, looking it over. His expression turned from curiosity to smugness, and he smacked the stationary onto Dimentio's outstretched palm. Dimentio held it up to his face, reading it.

Toadette,
This is your profile for the game of Mafia. Remember your role, because I ain't showin' to you again.
You are a TOWNIE with no abilities.
With Southern hospitality, Grubba

Dimentio threw to the paper to the floor, shaking his head with regret. He barely heard Toad mutter "Told you."

DAY 1 ENDS
NIGHT 1 BEGINS

After spending the rest of the day chatting and mentally smacking themselves for voting out Toadette, the townies were in their beds, engaging in peaceful slumber. Meanwhile, the mafia were conversing in the basement where they would not be heard, deciding on who to eliminate.

"This is an easy one. We all know who to eliminate, right?"

"Yeah, sounds good."

"Certainly!"

"With all of my absolute sureness!"

"Yup!"

"Uh huh!"

"All right, I'll go tell Grubba. Oh, and you use your ability!"

"Okay, I'll just follow you and wait for you to finish."

The mafia did a group handshake before leaving the basement and heading to their respective rooms.

--

"All right, if you're sure, here." Grubba said, handing a piece of paper, much like Toadette's profile, to the one in front of him. That one took the paper gingerly, and after reading the paper's contents, thanked Grubba, handed him back the paper, and left the room.

"I knew it!" he said triumphantly, as he went back inside his room.

NIGHT 1 ENDS
DAY 2 BEGINS

"All right, y'all, come on out here!"

Everyone groaned sleepily, getting up, throwing on clothes, and heading back to the bottom floor of the entrance hall after hearing Grubba's loud voice. Well, not everyone. One was missing from among them.

"Huh? Wait, where's my brother?" Waluigi asked, looking around curiously.

"The mafia chose to eliminate Wario last night. He left in the middle of the night, like anyone has to when the mafia eliminates them." Grubba informed Waluigi. He handed the leader of the group that had headed into the entrance hall, Mario, Wario's profile.

Wario,
This is your profile for the game of Mafia. Remember your role, cause I ain't showin' to you again.
You are a TOWNIE, and you cannot be lynched during the day.

"Darn it." Mario growled, crumpling up the paper and tossing it to the ground. "We're down two townies. The mafia are too smart for us…we HAVE to lynch a mafia, and we have to do it today."

Coming next chapter…
Luigi and Kalmar come to blows.
"You CAN'T have that ability, because I do, you twit!" Luigi screamed.
"Don't mouth off at a Star Spirit, fool!" Kalmar returned, gritting his teeth in rage. "Things won't be pretty for you once I return to Shooting Star Summit!"
Differing choices make the next vote a whirlwind of confusion.
"I promise, things WILL turn out good for us if we get rid of Dimentio." Luigi said forcefully, giving an ensured smile to Daisy. "Believe me on this."
"Well, I-" Daisy stammered.
"Mario is best! If we dump him, a mafia will be lynched today!" Watt yelled, glaring daggers at Luigi. "Don't believe this goofball, if you know what's good for you!"
And, perhaps, the mafia will not be able to carry out their plans.
"Sorry, but you ain't allowed to eliminate that player." Grubba said, catching the person facing him off guard.

--

Thanks for reading! If you catch spelling mistakes or can offer advice, constructive criticism, or compliments, I would really appreciate it.

~Stay awesome
Old 03-16-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
Nights
Journey To NIGHTMARE
Points: 710, Level: 14 Points: 710, Level: 14 Points: 710, Level: 14
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Metroid

My Mood: Flirty
Nights will become famous soon enoughNights will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Princess Award Royalty 
Total Awards: 2

Send a message via Skype™ to Nights 3DS Friend Code: 4339-2928-2844
Nice story I like it!!!!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
CosmicMega
A Mega Guy in Cosmos

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month 

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
Nights
Journey To NIGHTMARE
Points: 710, Level: 14 Points: 710, Level: 14 Points: 710, Level: 14
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Metroid

My Mood: Flirty
Nights will become famous soon enoughNights will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Princess Award Royalty 

Send a message via Skype™ to Nights 3DS Friend Code: 4339-2928-2844
Your welcome I love it when people write Mario base stories.!!!(well it depends too but any way nice story!!!!.)
Old 03-16-2011, 11:26 PM   #5
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
I never played any of those "mafia games", so I'm not sure how they work...maybe that's why it doesn't interest me. It isn't written badly or anything, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 03-17-2011, 04:39 PM   #6
CosmicMega
A Mega Guy in Cosmos

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month 

Yeah, I tried to explain the game within the story, but I can imagine people who aren't really big Mafia fans wouldn't be that interested in it. Thanks for the feedback, though.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:12 PM   #7
CosmicMega
A Mega Guy in Cosmos

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month 

Sorry for the long wait, but here is Chapter 2!

--

Chapter 2: Crouching Plumber, Hidden Jester

"Hey, can we start the voting now?" Dry Bones asked, looking at Grubba inquiringly.

"Oh, sure, y'all!" Grubba confirmed, nodding joyfully."Oh, yeah, but I forgot. Mario-boy!"

Mario looked over at him, raising an eyebrow in questioning.

"One of the mafia used an ability on ya. You can't vote today, and, if ya have any, ya can't use abilities tonight." Grubba told him. Mario dropped his jaw.

"Seriously?" he asked meekly, disappointment apparent in his voice. Grubba nodded, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Ya can still take part in the discussion!" Grubba said brightly, before heading back up to the stairs and over to his perch on the balcony.
"A'right, y'all, votin' starts now! The majority is nine! Shoot!"

"I vote Dimentio!" Luigi shouted, pointing at the jester. Dimentio blinked in surprise.

"…What?" Dimentio asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Heh heh heh! You can't back out of this one!" Luigi laughed. "I have an ability that lets me read one person's profile every night! I read yours last night, and YOU came back as a mafia!"

Dimentio seemed genuinely confused. "I…I don't understand…"

Kalmar looked at Luigi accusingly. "What? You're insane, you insolent mortal! I have that ability! I scanned Dimentio, and he is a townie!"

Luigi stared at Kalmar in confusion, but his face quickly turned to anger. "You can't have that ability, because I do, you twit!"

"Don't mouth off at a Star Spirit, fool!" Kalmar returned, gritting his teeth in rage. "Things won't be pretty for you once I return to Shooting Star Summit!"

"Guys, guys, stop it! Break it up!" Bowser Jr. ordered, in his high-pitched tone. Both grumbling, Kalmar and Luigi both took their respective places, looking away from each other.

"Me, I'm gonna vote Kalmar, 'cause I think he's lying." Bowser Jr. said bluntly.

"Little twerp," muttered Kalmar. "I will vote Luigi, because HE is lying. I am the one who can look at profiles every night, no joke!"

"I vote Mario." Watt chimed in.

Everyone stared at her.

"What?" she asked, looking around curiously.

"Well…it's pretty obvious Mario is a townie." Waluigi informed her.

"Obvious? How do you know? He could be tricking you." Watt reminded him, as Waluigi rolled his eyes at her.

"You know, I'm a little suspicious of you." Waluigi said warily. "You threw us off Daisy's path last time and convinced us to vote out Toadette; who was a townie. How do we know YOU'RE not mafia? I think you're the best choice right now."

Watt was taken off guard, but managed to recover. "Puh-leaze! You're just trying to make yourself fade into the background. Mario is thrusting himself forward and pretending to support the town. He really just wants to hurt us. He's obvious mafia!"

"If anyone here is obvious mafia, it's you." Mario spoke up. "You have no decent reason to vote me, and you're trying to support yourself with an attempt to act more relaxed than Toadette was; but we can see right through you."

"Mario, couldn't have said it better myself." Dimentio said gratefully. "I vote Watt."

"Yeah, I'll go ahead and vote Watt, too." Waluigi agreed.

"Um…" Peach hesitated, biting her lip. "I'll…vote Watt."

"THE Chuck Quizno will make an argument!" Chuck Quizno shouted. "Peach is hesitating; DESPITE the great evidence put towards Watt! I vote PEACH, for this heinous act of pausing and indecision!"

"You don't vote Watt, DESPITE the great evidence put towards HER?" Yoshi asked, his imitation of Quizno's dramatic speech pattern making a few people snicker.

"THE Chuck Quizno does not enjoy following trends!" Chuck Quizno claimed, crossing his arms and turning his head away from Yoshi. Yoshi sighed and mashed his hand against his cheek.

"I'll go with Quizno. I vote Peach." Daisy stated.

"WHAT?" Luigi asked incredulously.

"Eh?" Daisy asked, turning her head to face Luigi.

"I promise, things WILL turn out good for us if we get rid of Dimentio." Luigi said forcefully, giving an ensured smile to Daisy. "Believe me on this."

"Well, I-" Daisy stammered.

"Mario is best! If we dump him, a mafia will be lynched today!" Watt yelled, glaring daggers at Luigi. "Don't believe this goofball, if you know what's good for you!"

"I'm not a goo-"

"Hey, I wanna RAWK a mafia today!" Rawk Hawk shouted. "I don't like Mario very much, soooo…RAAAAAWWWWK MARIO! Or…VOOOOOOOTE MARIO!"
"I'm chunkin' Mario, too!" O'Chunks added.

Vote Count:
Mario (3): Watt, Rawk Hawk, O'Chunks
Watt (3): Dimentio, Waluigi, Peach
Peach (2): Chuck Quizno, Daisy
Dimentio (1): Luigi
Luigi (1): Kalmar
Kalmar (1): Bowser Jr.
Unable to vote (1): Mario
Yet to vote (6): Yoshi, Bowser, Toad, Rosalina, Doopliss, Dry Bones

"Hmmm…I think Watt sounds like the most reasonable choice," said Dry Bones. "I'll vote Watt, but I think Daisy is pretty suspicious as well."

Dimentio gave Dry Bones a thumbs-up, which the skeleton Koopa returned with a firm smile.

"Watt, why are we even coming to blows over this?" Luigi asked. "Dimentio supports Mario and he's voting for you. Why not go for him?"

"…Well, now that I think about it, you're right." Watt said decidedly. "Unvote Mario, vote Dimentio."

"Uh, I guess I'll unvote Peach and vote Dimentio." Daisy said, lingering hesitation in her voice.

"Hm hm hmmmm…THE Chuck Quizno will unvote Peach, and, yes, AND, vote…Dimentio! He's TOO much of a schemer!" Chuck Quizno announced.
Dimentio grimaced, quickly realizing how bad this situation was becoming. He gave a pleading look towards Mario, who shrugged in a way that said "I've got nothin'." Dimentio put his face in his palm, groaning.

"Wait!" Kalmar shouted, making everyone look at him strangely. "I unvote Luigi, and vote Watt. I…think she's more suspicious."

"I vote Dimentio. The constellations have always been unfavorable of him, and I'm getting bad vibes." Rosalina stated.

"Hmph! I unvote Kalmar, and vote Mario…he's a bad man!" Bowser Jr. shouted, raging. Mario chuckled in amusement.

"Bowser Jr., Dimentio is Mario's associate." Watt explained. "It's better to vote for him!"

"Hmph!" Bowser Jr. said defiantly. "I unvote Mario, and vote Watt! She's trying to manipulate me! That's not nice!"

Watt grumbled in anger, looking around the room.

"Anyone else?" she asked.

"I'll vote Watt." Yoshi stated. "I don't like Dimentio, but Watt seems like the more sensible choice."

"Raaaaaagh! I vote Mario!" Bowser cackled. "The plumber will die…because he's stupid! Er, and he's mafia! Yeah…he is!"

"I vote Mario, too." Toad added. "I think he gave himself away more by supporting Dimentio, although I think Dimentio is definitely mafia, too."

Vote Count:
Watt (7): Dimentio, Waluigi, Peach, Dry Bones, Kalmar, Bowser Jr., Yoshi
Dimentio (5): Luigi, Watt, Daisy, Chuck Quizno, Rosalina
Mario (4): Rawk Hawk, O'Chunks, Bowser, Toad
Unable to vote (1): Mario
Yet to vote (1): Doopliss

"Hey, Doopliss, you going to give any thoughts on all this? Or, y'know, at least vote?" Mario asked, hoping against hope that his former enemy wouldn't vote for him or Dimentio.

"Hmmm…." Doopliss paused in thought, tapping his feet on his floor. "I…don't really like any of the ones being voted for. This is hard."

Everyone leaned in, intent on hearing Doopliss's decision.

"I'll…vote for Watt." Doopliss said decidedly, making Mario lean back and wipe his sweaty brow, and Watt's fury grow.

"One more vote needed for Watt to be lynched!" Grubba announced.

"You're all making a huge mistake!" Watt screamed, sparks buzzing around her.

"Sorry that we lynched you, mafia. Try not to cry." Waluigi said, his tone of voice mocking the Li'l Sparkie.

"One, I'm not a mafia, two, you haven't lynched me yet!" Watt reminded him. "Someone needs to change their vote for me to go; that's not going to happen!"

"Everyone, wait!" Mario shouted, catching everyone's attention. "The day ending in no-lynch means our only hope of eliminating a mafia is the neutral; and who knows where he's gonna swing? Listen, I have an idea. What if Dimentio has a negative handicap? You know, if he's scanned by Luigi, he comes back as a mafia?"

Watt just laughed, grinning at Mario.

"Nice attempt, you conniving little mafia, but that's not going to fly. That's ridiculous!" Watt told him. Luigi, meanwhile, seemed to be deep in thought, taking a wrench and turning it over and over in his hands. Kalmar looked confused, his face twisting up.

"Come on. It's possible." Mario argued. "Somebody, anybody! Change your vo-"

"Unvote Dimentio, vote Watt."

Watt's jaw dropped at Luigi, who looked up at Grubba with confidence in his eyes.

"That's majority, right?" Luigi asked.

"Sure is, sonny!" Grubba said brightly. "Watt, I'm gonna hafta to ask ya to leave, little lady."

Watt, sighing frustratedly, went up to her room, grabbed her things, and headed outside, ignoring Grubba's mentioning to her that the helicopter was waiting for her.

Grubba threw Watt's profile to the floor. Mario scampered to it, picking it up and reading it quickly.

"Yes!" Mario shouted, pumping his fist in the air. Everyone swarmed around him and read the paper.

Watt,
This is your profile for the game of Mafia. Remember your role, cause I ain't showin' to you again.
You are a MAFIA, and you can "paralyze" one player every night, making them unable to vote the following day and unable to use abilities the following night.

"All right! This is great!" Toad cried. "We can definitely trust Mario and Dimentio now…sorry about that, Mario."

Mario smiled at his mushroom-topped friend. "No problem, Toad." The duo shook hands.

"I believed you, bro, and it paid off, but…" Luigi said meekly, scratching his head. "I still don't understand how that ability could be in this game."

Mario shrugged. "I read up on Mafia and I found out that that role is given out sometimes, but the player doesn't know about it."

"But…we can't trust Kalmar." Luigi noted, turning to the Star Spirit with a hard face. "You lied about your ability. Confess, and we might believe you."

"I already told you, I DO have it!" Kalmar said defensively, sighing angrily. "Why won't anybody believe me? I can scan players!"

"Two players with that ability?" Daisy asked. "Sounds unlikely…"

"Wait…maybe I can go past limitations?" Kalmar suggested.

"Yeah, I think you're our stronger cop, and Luigi is a weak one." Waluigi added.

"Well, no point in strategic talk right now." Peach said, smiling sweetly. "Tea, anyone?"

DAY 2 ENDS
NIGHT 2 ENDS

"Sorry, but you ain't allowed to eliminate that player." Grubba said, catching the person facing him off guard.

"…What?" The person asked.

"An ability is protectin' that player tonight. Ya gotta pick somebody else." Grubba stated.

The person smirked, taking back the scrap of paper and crossing out the name previously written there, and scribbling down another name. "Luckily, we have a backup."

Grubba looked at the paper, and nodded in approval. "A'right, this is okay."
The person left Grubba's office, sighing in relief. Good thing that the mafia had planned for something like that.
Everyone bounded down the stairs sleepily, some rubbing their eyes, others mustering up energy to try and meet the day enthusiastically. However, it was hard, because it had already been noticed that two players were missing. One of them valuable.

"A'right, everyone, as you noticed, two eliminations happened last night." Grubba explained, accordingly waving two profiles in one of his hands. "The first was the mafia's. The main man himself, Mario, was the mafia's choice. And the neutral's pick was a little strange, but I guess they had some reasoning for gettin' rid of Rawk Hawk."

Dimentio took the profiles, and fire burned inside him when he read them both.

Mario,
You are a TOWNIE, and have no abilities.
Rawk Hawk,
You are a TOWNIE, and have no abilities.

"Y'all look kinda tired…you wanna start the vote later?" Grubba asked.
Dimentio walked forward, his sleepiness leaving him immediately. "I'm not tired. Let's start the vote."

--

Thanks for reading, more feedback would be great. ~Stay awesome
Old 04-19-2011, 11:45 AM   #8
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 

This is a pretty good read, keep it up.
The spacing, however, is what kills me..
Old 07-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #9
pacino777
Goomba
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1

pacino777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Liked it a lot! Where did you get your influence if i might ask?
Old 07-12-2011, 11:42 PM   #10
CosmicMega
A Mega Guy in Cosmos

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month 

I'm surprised to find that when I return after an unreasonably long time away, my thread for this is at the top of the CW forum. Convenient, since I was going to post the next chapter despite the bump:

--

Chapter 3: A Great Big Chunkin'

Everyone took their places, all of them with different mindsets and moods. Grubba trotted up the steps, taking a stance at the balcony's railing.

"Majority is eight this time, y'all!" Grubba announced. "Now, shoot!"

"Hee hee hee! I don't gotta compete with Rawk Hawk anymore!" O'Chunks said excitedly. "I'm dern glad that he was CHUNKED!"

"You're glad that Rawk Hawk went? He was a townie." Peach noted, slight suspicion in her voice. "I mean, I'm not voting for you, but it's weird."

"I think that's strange, too." Luigi added, eyeing O'Chunks.

"Guys, I know O'Chunks personally. Trust me, this isn't at all a good enough lead for us to vote him." Dimentio cut in. "Me, I'm going to vote Toad. He was the only one who voted for Mario who didn't have a personal grudge against him."

"I apologized to Mario, though." Toad replied smoothly. "Don't forget that, and don't pin the blame on me because I made a small slip-up."

Dimentio sighed, and nodded begrudgingly. "I guess you're right. It's just that there aren't too many good trails to follow right now. Unvote Toad."

"Not only that, but we're all frustrated that Mario is gone." Rosalina chimed in. "He was one of the town's power players. We just lost a major boost to the town."

"Well, I can tell you guys this." Luigi spoke up. "I scanned Toad last night. He's a townie."

"In turn, I scanned Daisy." Kalmar stated. "She is also a townie."

"Hmmm…really?" Dimentio asked, his voice indicating that he was deep in thought. "This is strange…Daisy was one of my suspects, and I've had a lingering suspicion of Toad since day one…but, I don't think either of you are lying, to be honest. So I'll believe you."

"So…that leaves us where we were." Dry Bones stated.

Silence followed, everyone enveloped in their own way of thinking. After a few minutes, Waluigi spoke up.

"Okay, I know what Dimentio said, but really, we don't have anything else…I vote O'Chunks." Waluigi said solemnly. Dimentio stared at him, disbelief in his face.

"This is just typical O'Chunks." Dimentio informed Waluigi. "On anyone else, it might be suspicious. Not on him. Trust me, voting O'Chunks is stupid. Don't do it."

"I already said that I KNOW that." Waluigi said, exasperated. "But we don't have any better leads. Day three should not end in no-lynch; day one? Sure. Day three? Nuh-uh."

"I agree heartily, but O'Chunks still isn't a good choice." Dimentio insisted. "Do what you want, but don't mislynch."

"I'll vote Waluigi." Dry Bones spoke up. "He's trying to rush a lynch on O'Chunks, when we should be having time to think. He could be mafia, trying to trick us into lynching a townie."

"I'm a townie, and I'm valuable to the town," confirmed Waluigi. "I've been trying to stay quiet as best as I can, but it's getting hard. Really, I might change my vote if a better option arrives, it's just that a no-lynch is too risky right now. I want some security."

"A mislynch is more risky. I'd rather keep our chances of larger numbers than further whittle down the amount of townies left." Dimentio pointed out.

"I'd rather take a risk, and see a mafia get lynched." Waluigi argued. "It's clear our views are pretty different, Dimentio."

"Seems so." Dimentio said coolly.

"Hey! Hey!" O'Chunks shouted, waving his arms. "I vote Waluigi, 'cause he voted for me! He'll be CHUNKED for that!"

"That's a dumb reason to vote somebody." Waluigi scoffed.

"Typical O'Chunks," Dimentio reiterated, muttering under his breath.

"I'll...I'm going to…I'm going to vote O'Chunks." Peach said indecisively. "I think taking a bit of a risk is better. Plus, he is the most suspicious right now."

"Peach, why are you so hesitant?" Dimentio asked. "You've been like this the whole time."

"It's…this game is just kind of unnerving." Peach said, worry filling her voice. "I'm always worried that people aren't going to like me because I don't vote for their choice."

"Man, Peach. You should expect us to be more mature than that." Daisy said incredulously.

"I only don't like people if they steal my hostages! I don't care about choices in this game!" Bowser roared.

"THE Chuck Quizno is a master of quizzes! He gets emotional about quizzes, HOWEVER, he is not, I repeat, NOT AT ALL, a hypocrite, ladies and gentlemen!" Chuck Quizno declared.

"Oh…I guess I was wrong." Peach said, blushing.

"Don't worry about it, Peach." Luigi said assuringly. "But, going back to the votes, I'm voting O'Chunks. Weird that I'm agreeing with Waluigi, but this is the best piece of evidence we have so far this day. I don't have anything better. Who am I to argue?"

"Wait, let's consider Bowser." Dimentio suggested. "We can't just assume that Mario being his enemy is the only reason he voted Mario. He could have been trying to-"

"The same could be said for O'Chunks." Waluigi stated, cutting into Dimentio's sentence. "He voted for Mario, too."

Dimentio's face showed he was clearly struggling with discovering a viable argument to dispute the vote for O'Chunks. Waluigi raised an eyebrow at him.

"You could be a mafia, trying to defend one of your pals. Mario could have just been a misled townie." Waluigi pointed out. "Or maybe you're the neutral, trying to play the field on the townies? You're a wild card, Dimentio. Don't just think you're a confirmed townie and be done with it."

"Of course I know that." Dimentio snipped. "I'm not that arrogant. I'm just…this is so frustrating! This is, by far, O'Chunks' usual behavior! This is not mafia-like for him!"

"We've already explained, jester boy; it's just that this is the best lead we have." Toad explained. "And, with that, I vote O'Chunks. I repeat, he's our best bet."

"This is dumb!" O'Chunks protested, raising his fists angrily. "Why are you voting me? I'm a townie! Townie to the bone!"

"O'Chunks is not a mafia!" Dimentio repeated, balling his fists up. "Listen, you guys are letting your common sense leave you! This is just how O'Chunks always acts! How much more can I shove it through your skulls?"

Vote Count:

O'Chunks (4): Waluigi, Peach, Luigi, Toad

Waluigi (2): Dry Bones, O'Chunks

Yet to vote (9): Yoshi, Daisy, Bowser, Rosalina, Doopliss, Dimentio, Bowser Jr., Kalmar, Chuck Quizno

"I'll…vote Waluigi." Yoshi said slowly. "He seems to be misleading the town, which is, of course, not good. I'm not too sure he's mafia, but he could be the neutral."

"I'm not the neutral, I'm a townie, and I'm important." Waluigi said forcefully. "Seriously, O'Chunks is our best lead so far. It's not a very big one, but it's not faint, either."

"I vote Waluigi, because I don't know what else to do." Dimentio said simply. "He's not giving us the right decision on who to vote, and he seems like a mafia. That's really all I have."

"I vote O'Chunks. He's stupid, I wanna see him get out of here, that's that," said Bowser Jr.

"I vote O'Chunks, because I agree with everything my son said!" Bowser cackled. "Good job at being mean, son!"

"Heh heh! Thanks, Dad!" Bowser Jr. replied, wiping a finger under his nose in embarrassment.

"THE Chuck Quizno votes O'Chunks! O'Chunks is VERY susceptible, and, yes, AND, is happy a townie went home! WHAT is with that, ladies and gentlemen?" Chuck Quizno asked, looking around.

"I vote Waluigi. He isn't that nice of a guy, and he's weird. O'Chunks doesn't seem that suspicious." Daisy said quizzically.

"Hey! I'm not weird!" Waluigi shouted, his spiky moustache rippling with fury and his purple hat becoming askew.

"Stop arguing over a petty thing like that." Kalmar requested, closing his eyes in frustration. "I vote O'Chunks. I don't have a clue who to accuse other than him. He's the only one there's substantial evidence against. Waluigi shouldn't be voted for going for the only one who it makes sense to vote against."

"C'mon, O'Chunks is the best choice!" Bowser shouted. "Waluigi is ugly and weird, but O'Chunks is suspicious! You should vote O'Chunks!"

"I'm not suspicious!" O'Chunks yelled. "I'm just happy my rival left! Stop voting for me, you bloody dummies!"

"I never really noticed rivalry between you and Rawk Hawk." Waluigi noted, raising an eyebrow. "You made a pretty big slip-up, and now you're making excuses about it. You can't get out of this corner, pal; you're finished."

"I suppose I will vote O'Chunks." Rosalina said, her voice bored. "The constellations were never especially against him, but he seems to be the best choice."

"That's it." Dimentio spat. "Nobody's going to listen to me. Go ahead and lynch O'Chunks. See if I care."

"Oh, speakin' o' that, you reached majority back when Kalmar voted." Grubba said in realization. "Okay, then, time to go, O'Chunks. The helicopter's waitin'."

"You all deserve a big fat CHUNKIN', ya hear me?" O'Chunks shouted, as he walked up the stairs to his room, grabbed his bags, and slammed the door behind him as he walked out.

"There ya go." Grubba said, dropping O'Chunks' profile to the floor. Toad trotted over to it and picked it up, reading it over.

"Darn it," Toad mumbled. Everyone crowded around him to read the note.

O'Chunks,

This is your profile for the game of Mafia. Remember your role, because I ain't showin' to you again.

You are a TOWNIE with no abilities.

Waluigi bit down hard on his lip, and Dimentio just walked off, laughing merrily.

DAY 3 ENDS

NIGHT 3 BEGINS

The person walked down the hall, looking around warily. If they were discovered, things would be bad. Quite bad.

The person walked into Grubba's office, gingerly closing the door. Grubba looked up absentmindedly from some papers, his mouth hanging open.

"Oh, hi," he said duly, looking back down. The person walked up to Grubba, took a piece of yellow note paper, and scribbled down a name. Grubba took it after seeing the person holding it out to him, and read it.

"Fine," was Grubba's only comment. The person left, giving a sigh of relief.

NIGHT 3 ENDS

DAY 4 BEGINS

Everyone walked down the stairs. They were getting more and more excited about the game, and now all of them were alert and ready for bad news. Grubba grinned toothily at the group of twelve, waving two pieces of paper. Everyone was puzzled; this couldn't be the neutral.

"All right, y'all, last night was excitin', I tell ya! The mafia's choice was Kalmar, that ol' Star Spirit, and another person had a 'kill' last night! They got a mafia for ya; an' that mafia was Daisy!" Grubba informed them.

"We got a mafia?" Yoshi asked excitedly.

"Yessir!" Grubba shouted, showing his gums.

"Wait…but…the neutral only kills on even-numbered nights." Rosalina said in confusion. "So…who could have done it?"

"Exactly." Grubba said slyly. Everyone looked around, bewildered; well, except for one person, who was bearing fake surprise. Luckily for them, nobody noticed that person.

"A'right, here's their profiles," said Grubba. Grubba handed the pieces of stationary to Peach, who held them up so everyone else could read.

Kalmar,

You are a TOWNIE, and once per night, you can "scan" one player; or, in other words, come to my office and gimme one player's name; and I will give you that player's profile. (What this player does NOT know is that their results will be the opposite of the truth. However, if a player has an ability that has their results come back as a lie, you will receive their true profile.)

Daisy,

You are a MAFIA with no abilities.

The town felt a glimmer of hope as they read Daisy's profile over and over, satisfied with the knowledge that another mafia had been eliminated from the game. In turn, the mafia in the group felt frustrated that another one of their cohorts had gone. And, different yet, the neutral simply felt indifference, though, since he leaned towards the townies more than the mafia, he was slightly satisfied that a mafia had been eliminated from the game.

"Well, this is good," Peach began, as she turned to face Dimentio. "In more ways than one, actually. Because I already know who I'm voting for."

Dimentio felt crestfallen as he realized what Peach meant.

Kalmar's scan from earlier in the game had brought him back as a townie.