Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment

Notices

Media Entertainment Discuss Movies, Music, TV, Books, Comics and anything related to Media Entertainment.

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 10:09 PM   #1
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 19,675, Level: 88 Points: 19,675, Level: 88 Points: 19,675, Level: 88
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Complaints from an angry former WWE fan

Before I start, I'd like to say that if you don't like wrestling or just come here to say shit like "OMGEEEEEEEEE, WWE/WRESTLING IS FAKE, IT'S FOR TEH KIDDIES!JHGDHJSGDJHGBHJDGAYFDGHJQBSDHJAMJHUGHKJBHJ T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Please GTFO of this thread.

Anyway with that said, I was just recently watching one of the Pay-Per-Views when the PG era first started(I never watch the PPVs) I was watching A Hell in a Cell, which is supposedly one of the most brutal matches they made, but after realizing that it was the first one since the beginning of the switch to PG, I wasn't expect something amazing, but boy were those expectations through the roof! Watching this match was more embarrasing than seeing them belittle the Undertaker by having him team up with John Cena. Everything that made these matches so entertaining was no where to be seen, basically turning it into a no disqualification match inside a monkey cage.

And it's not that's not bad enough, when we want to watch any wrestling match that it supposed to use violence to the fullest extent(like chairshots to the FACE, table smashing, ladders, etc.) where stck watching these guys without seeing the kind of brutallity these shows are known for, because instead we have to deal with these watered down versions of these matches, no bleeding, no nutshots, or any of that stuff. I mean I know that I may come off as hypocritical because I always say how violence is not everything when it comes to videogames and TV shows, but when it comes to Wrestling, a sport(?) known for lots of Physical violence, it just feels so out of place. Speaking of the WWE, why is the cussing toned down, does PG also mean that they can't even say Ass or piss? Jesus

And to put the salt on the wound, the Wrestlers in the WWE completely suck. It's difficult to see an episode of the WWE without that idiot John Cena headlining every damn episode and PPV. The bastard is so damn boring to watch, using is same routine to win pretty much every match he's in. And most of the new heels they have completely suck, I mean The Miz? Alberto Del Rio(is this guy a crappy, Mexican version of JBL?(Mexicans don't be offended by that, I'm Mexican as well.))? Micheal Cole actually makes a better bad guy than those guys, and he's only wrestling for Wrestlemania! The only good new wrestlers are John Morrison and CM Punk. And as far as heels go, Edge and Randy Orton are far better as heels than they are face, they really fit those personas. The only good wrestlers left are the likes of HHH, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, and the two above are the only memorable wrestlers left in the business, and hell, once the Undertaker leaves, they won't be able to keep the WWE lasting longer than another year. I miss all of their other wrestlers like JBL, Kurt Angle9Who is currently at TNA), Matt Hardy(also at TNA), and Shawn Micheals

The times, the only time the WWE ever gets exciting is when it is getting close to Wrestlemania(which is currently why I am writing this). But I feel that unlike the last two, this time they won't be holding back. First off, The Great One, the Rock, has returned to host Wrestlemania, but on the many times he's shown up he speaks, the censors fear him(and seeing him rip apart Cena and the Miz does great justice). Stone Cold has also returned for it to Guest Referee for the match between Lawler and Micheal Cole(what's funny is that the best feud so far, and it's only between the commentators!). The other feuds so other than that one and the one between Rocky, The Miz and Cena, the other feuds don't seem very interesting, though the matches themselves seem incredibly promisinng. The only real turnoff is a 6-man mixed tag match featuring Jersey Shore's Oompa Loompa, Snooki. Other than that, I feel like that this year thet can actually make up for the last two shows they've tried to put.

I know TNA resembles everything WWE(or WWF) used to be, and has most of the WWE's top stars, but it somewhat difficult for me to switch from something I've grown up with my entire life while to something that feels different from what that currently is

If you feel like I'm lacking in places or would like to post your opinion on the current state on the WWE, feel free

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2011, 11:08 PM   #2
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,286, Level: 100 Points: 31,286, Level: 100 Points: 31,286, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
I haven't watched in quite a few years now but they switched back to pg again? How many times are they going to do that. I remember it was 14A when I started watching, then they went to pg, then they went back to 14A, then even up to 18A for a short while, then back to PG, then back to 14A. it was ridiculous. But by that pattern, I'm assuming not much has changed and they'll switch it back up to 14A again. I mean it is fake, everyone knows that, but that is exactly the reason they get good stuntman actors to make it crazy interesting.

When I stopped watching they kept pissing me off with how they were running it. Everyone I like left like Christian, Jericho, Hart was obviously gone for ages. The only person that was really fun to watch was Edge, and at the time it was awesome to see him go to smackdown and steal the title, but then it got stupid when once again they had the undertaker put on his stupid gig of not leaving people alone and they kept changing it back and forth between him and edge... It was annoying, and I soonafter stopped watching. People like Cena and undertaker wrecked it for me since they antagonised the likes of Edge, Orton, Kennedy, etc. enough times.

Umm... But if they've gone back to pg again it's not surprising, but from what you describe that is ridiculous. I saw some crazy shit on those shows in the several years I watched it, that was what made it entertaining, was the insanity of the stuff being pulled.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:33 PM   #3
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 19,675, Level: 88 Points: 19,675, Level: 88 Points: 19,675, Level: 88
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ronNFF View Post
I haven't watched in quite a few years now but they switched back to pg again? How many times are they going to do that. I remember it was 14A when I started watching, then they went to pg, then they went back to 14A, then even up to 18A for a short while, then back to PG, then back to 14A. it was ridiculous. But by that pattern, I'm assuming not much has changed and they'll switch it back up to 14A again. I mean it is fake, everyone knows that, but that is exactly the reason they get good stuntman actors to make it crazy interesting.

When I stopped watching they kept pissing me off with how they were running it. Everyone I like left like Christian, Jericho, Hart was obviously gone for ages. The only person that was really fun to watch was Edge, and at the time it was awesome to see him go to smackdown and steal the title, but then it got stupid when once again they had the undertaker put on his stupid gig of not leaving people alone and they kept changing it back and forth between him and edge... It was annoying, and I soonafter stopped watching. People like Cena and undertaker wrecked it for me since they antagonised the likes of Edge, Orton, Kennedy, etc. enough times.

Umm... But if they've gone back to pg again it's not surprising, but from what you describe that is ridiculous. I saw some crazy shit on those shows in the several years I watched it, that was what made it entertaining, was the insanity of the stuff being pulled.
You were most likely watching Smackdown back when it was still in UPN

Old 03-22-2011, 12:34 AM   #4
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,286, Level: 100 Points: 31,286, Level: 100 Points: 31,286, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 

what's UPN? Also, it ticked me off how every canadian star was announced from the states unless they were a heel.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:39 AM   #5
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 57,309, Level: 100 Points: 57,309, Level: 100 Points: 57,309, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
I haven't watched WWe since I was 11, i watch UFC now.

Check me out on Facebook!
Like action figures? Click here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 03-22-2011, 12:47 AM   #6
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

I watch neither. UFC is less appealing to me even imo.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:03 AM   #7
Keyman4
The Mega Master
Points: 5,818, Level: 49 Points: 5,818, Level: 49 Points: 5,818, Level: 49
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Sapphire User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x SNES Controller
User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Cane of Pacci User owns 1x Master Sword

My Mood: Buzzed
Keyman4 will become famous soon enough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Poster Royalty NFF Referrer 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via Yahoo to Keyman4
I used to watch UPN wrestling.......

Bring Mankind and the Old Kane back! The only wrestlers I care about

SSFIV Mains: Chun Li/ Blanka

[Click here to see the demon in Keyman's dog]