Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Technical Support > Computers

Notices

Computers Post any Computer related support questions here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Pink Pearl Voice
Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59
User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: In Love
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Game Reviewer Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Poster Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 9

Send a message via MSN to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Send a message via Skype™ to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Xbox Live Gamertag: z0mbii baItt
Can an Ipod be played in a car?

I'm getting my parent's old SUV to drive next week after it gets back from repairs. (yay!)

And I was wondering, is there a way I can plug my ipod up to the vehicle to play the songs in the car? I heard a few of my friends mention there was, but I want to know for sure and if there are any devices I can use to make this possible. I don't want to lug all my cds around in there and I never listen to the radio unless it's internet raido.

I put this in computers because I didn't see anywhere else this could go. So deal. :3

Thank you for any tips!

If you look everybody here is trying on new faces
And the ones that fit are surprisingly contagious
With a shiny new beginning we cordially invite you to
Into the dressing room.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorful CrAzYoNzZ View Post
And I was wondering, is there a way I can plug my ipod up to the vehicle to play the songs in the car? I heard a few of my friends mention there was, but I want to know for sure and if there are any devices I can use to make this possible. I don't want to lug all my cds around in there and I never listen to the radio unless it's internet raido.

There's a couple ways to do this.

Check to see if your car radio has an input for an auxiliary jack. If it does, all you'll need is an auxiliary cable. Plug one end into the MP3 player's headphone jack, then plug the other end into the AUX input in the radio. Switch your car radio to AUX, and your car's speakers should be playing the music on the MP3 player. There, one solution for your problem.

The other solution is very iffy, because it's not as good a solution as the AUX input. However, if you don't have an AUX input and you simply cannot carry around CDs, then this solution may be worth your time.

Get a FM transmitter. You can find these at a local electronic retailer, such as Best Buy or Radio Shack. Find a radio station on your car radio that is free from programming. A good indicator of this is a station that has a lot of static. Trust me; a lot of static is a good thing.

Once again, plug the transmitter into your MP3 player's headphone jack. Next, tune the transmitter to the radio station your car radio is on. If done correctly, the music playing on your MP3 player will play through the radio station and, by extension, your car's speakers.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:40 PM   #3
Mikematute
Zombie Prosecutor
Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Gaming
Mikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Review of the Month Poster 
Total Awards: 4

there are things that transmit radio signals and work perfectly.

called itrip

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK I AM
Old 03-25-2011, 10:57 PM   #4
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Pink Pearl Voice

Colorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Game Reviewer Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Poster Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Review of the Month 

Send a message via MSN to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Send a message via Skype™ to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Xbox Live Gamertag: z0mbii baItt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glastonbury View Post
There's a couple ways to do this.

Check to see if your car radio has an input for an auxiliary jack. If it does, all you'll need is an auxiliary cable. Plug one end into the MP3 player's headphone jack, then plug the other end into the AUX input in the radio. Switch your car radio to AUX, and your car's speakers should be playing the music on the MP3 player. There, one solution for your problem.

The other solution is very iffy, because it's not as good a solution as the AUX input. However, if you don't have an AUX input and you simply cannot carry around CDs, then this solution may be worth your time.

Get a FM transmitter. You can find these at a local electronic retailer, such as Best Buy or Radio Shack. Find a radio station on your car radio that is free from programming. A good indicator of this is a station that has a lot of static. Trust me; a lot of static is a good thing.

Once again, plug the transmitter into your MP3 player's headphone jack. Next, tune the transmitter to the radio station your car radio is on. If done correctly, the music playing on your MP3 player will play through the radio station and, by extension, your car's speakers.

Hope this helps.

Thank you!!

I'll look into both of your suggestions and see which one works best.

Into the dressing room.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:03 AM   #5
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
actually there is one more that we used to use on our 1996 suburban. There is tape cassettes you can buy that have a wire that come out of them with a headphone plugin jack that can run just about anything via the tape player.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:39 AM   #6
Azure Dragonius
The No More Hero
Points: 824, Level: 15 Points: 824, Level: 15 Points: 824, Level: 15
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Cheerful
Azure Dragonius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ronNFF View Post
actually there is one more that we used to use on our 1996 suburban. There is tape cassettes you can buy that have a wire that come out of them with a headphone plugin jack that can run just about anything via the tape player.

That right there is what I use, albeit a different brand.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #7
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,427, Level: 100 Points: 58,427, Level: 100 Points: 58,427, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Alli, why didn't you just ask me?

Some cars are made to already accommodate one, but if it doesn't, you can buy a wire, or if the vehicle supports it, a USB like someone else posted. If it has a tape deck, Cameron is on target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 03-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #8
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Pink Pearl Voice

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post

Some cars are made to already accommodate one, but if it doesn't, you can buy a wire, or if the vehicle supports it, a USB like someone else posted. If it has a tape deck, Cameron is on target.

Sorry, I kept forgetting to ask you, you're very distracting. ;3

But you can help me find the right wire!

Into the dressing room.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #9
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post

She wanted to hear me say sweet nothings to hear about auxiliary inputs and FM transmitters?

Dude, you have me completely baffled by that question, and it wasn't even intended for me. XD
Closed Thread

Tags
car, ipod, tech