Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,149, Level: 69 Points: 11,149, Level: 69 Points: 11,149, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

The Commodore 64 Lives again!

Quote:
Break out your MC Hammer audio cassettes and that case of New Coke you've had stockpiled: the Commodore 64 is back.
The legendary computer was first unveiled in early 1982, and quickly dominated the nascent computer scene, helping to launch the home computing market thanks to its entertainment focus. Amiga revealed Wednesday, unveiling an online store where consumers can pick up a revamped, modernized version of the legendary all-in-one computer.
It comes in the original taupe color and design, of course -- it's just everything else that's changed.
The new iteration of the classic computer won't run Windows (although the company claims you'll be able to install it if you so choose). Instead, the Commodore 64 runs a version of the Linux operating system on an Intel processor, and boasts 2GB of memory and a modern Blu-ray or rewritable DVD optical drive.
The past isn't forgotten, however: The company claims that consumers will be able to lay all their favorite 8-bit era games within seconds of turning the Commodore 64 on, by running software that emulates the original operating system.

Commodore celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2007 noted PCMag.com, but the company has languished in obscurity for many of those years, a faint shell of the company that helped launched computing and computer games.
It had unveiled a new line of products at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show -- new products that bear little resemblance to the new Commodore 64.
"I'm sure you'll appreciate the Commodore thing has been in a state of flux over the last 20 years," Peter Bromage, the vice president of sales and marketing for Commodore said in January.
In addition, the company plan a relaunch of Amiga's home computer -- an impressively ahead of its time PC from Commodore that never quite broke into the mainstream.
"At Commodore USA, our goal is to restore the AMIGA brand to its former glory," the company's website claims. "Our reboot and re-imagining of the classic AMIGA line-up will showcase the latest and greatest personal computer hardware and operating system technology available today."
Source

This just sounds insane, I will need to check this out!

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Last edited by SirManguydude; 04-08-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Shall I put Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony on notice?
Old 04-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #3
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,448, Level: 72 Points: 12,448, Level: 72 Points: 12,448, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
The real question is, why is it so expensive? 2GB of memory and they're charging $250 for it. I don't care what it is, I am not going to pay $250 to relive my past.