Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Sony Strikes Again with Trash Talk Against Nintendo

There are certain match-ups that seem like they will go on for eternity: Pirates vs. Ninjas, Chuck Norris vs. Bruce Lee, and, more recently, Sony vs. Nintendo.

In an interview with Fortune, Sony Computer Entertainment CEO Jack Tretton decided to lay down a little smack talk concerning motion controls to not only Nintendo, but also slightly to Microsoft, in what seems to be a rather odd aggressive attack:

Microsoft and Nintendo are starting to run out of steam now in terms of continuing to be relevant in 2011 and beyond. I mean, you've gotta be kidding me. Why would I buy a gaming system without a hard drive in it? How does this thing scale? Motion gaming is cute, but if I can only wave my arms six inches, how does this really feel like I'm doing true accurate motion gaming? - Sony Computer Entertainment CEO Jack Tretton

Nintendo not having a hard drive included in the Wii has been a hinderance to them this generation concerning home consoles. I completely understand where Mr. Tretton is coming from here.

However, his slight against the Wii's motion controls seem distasteful. While it's not as cutting edge as the offerings put forth by Sony and Microsoft, the Wii still paved the way for the two companies to take a chance and invest in the opportunity.

If Nintendo didn't come first, would Sony have invested their time and money to put this out on the market?

The final word, Mr. Tretton's quote concerning the DS and the 3DS, shall be left to the interpretation of you, the readers:

Our view of the 'Game Boy experience' is that it's a great babysitting tool, something young kids do on airplanes, but no self-respecting twenty-something is going to be sitting on an airplane with one of those. He's too old for that. - Sony Computer Entertainment CEO Jack Tretton

Source: Fortune
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

No self-respecting twenty-something old is going to be sitting on an airplane with a 3DS.
He's too old for that.
But he's not too old to sit at home and play his gaming console.
/Logic
Old 04-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
Alpha Dialga
Points: 2,353, Level: 29 Points: 2,353, Level: 29 Points: 2,353, Level: 29
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Alpha Dialga has a spectacular aura aboutAlpha Dialga has a spectacular aura about

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

That comment may bite Sony back in the butt someday.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #4
xXDaKidXx
Nintendo News Man!
Points: 3,453, Level: 36 Points: 3,453, Level: 36 Points: 3,453, Level: 36
User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Super Leaf

My Mood: Gaming
xXDaKidXx has a spectacular aura aboutxXDaKidXx has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Send a message via AIM to xXDaKidXx
Wow ok. Wii is innovation, new, fresh. People love that about Wii, thats probably why its been out selling PS3 from the beginning. This guy clearly knows nothing about gaming. Last time i remembered console didn't need a hard drive to have good games, or be good console. Nintendo may be behind far a little, but they have proved that simple can be successful. Also all of their games aren't a bunch of genre raping FPS.

Sony thinks they're "so special" pleaaase, their motion controls in their controllers has failed, they resorted to making an "replica" of the Wii remote, they have absolutely no variety in games, and they're customer service is maddening. Can't even help out their own customers when their console breaks, instead you have to pay a fee just for them to LOOK at the problem, not to even fix it. So naive for them to say its "kiddie" what a childish remark.

As for the DS/3DS maaaaaan just shut up cause the PSP can't even touch the DS, i don't care if the PSP2 has good graphics and some touch pad that's most likely going to be useless in 90% of the games, or become an extreme inconvenience to preform an action in a game. Nintendo put 3D on an handheld with no glasses. But i guess that's pretty kindergarten though. No that's innovation mofo, LEARN IT!

Cool Sig huh^^?

DaKidWiiTrailers - My Awesome Youtube
^Click that for Updates, Trailers, and more!
3DS FC:
5455 - 9667 - 3429
Old 04-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #5
Alpha Dialga
Points: 2,353, Level: 29 Points: 2,353, Level: 29 Points: 2,353, Level: 29
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Alpha Dialga has a spectacular aura aboutAlpha Dialga has a spectacular aura about

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diniro331 View Post
Wow ok. Wii is innovation, new, fresh. People love that about Wii, thats probably why its been out selling PS3 from the beginning. This guy clearly knows nothing about gaming. Last time i remembered console didn't need a hard drive to have good games, or be good console. Nintendo may be behind far a little, but they have proved that simple can be successful. Also all of their games aren't a bunch of genre raping FPS.

Sony thinks they're "so special" pleaaase, their motion controls in their controllers has failed, they resorted to making an "replica" of the Wii remote, they have absolutely no variety in games, and they're customer service is maddening. Can't even help out their own customers when their console breaks, instead you have to pay a fee just for them to LOOK at the problem, not to even fix it. So naive for them to say its "kiddie" what a childish remark.

As for the DS/3DS maaaaaan just shut up cause the PSP can't even touch the DS, i don't care if the PSP2 has good graphics and some touch pad that's most likely going to be useless in 90% of the games, or become an extreme inconvenience to preform an action in a game. Nintendo put 3D on an handheld with no glasses. But i guess that's pretty kindergarten though. No that's innovation mofo, LEARN IT!
I agree with you there. By that last sentence of yours reminded me of a quote from Avatar: the Last Airbender:

"That's called Sokka's style, Learn it!" - Sokka from the episode, Desert.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #6
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Can't say I'm surprised. He takes jabs at everything without knowing what he talks about most of the time.

Doesn't matter anyways. Not going to deter anyone with a brain from getting what they want with their money.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:39 PM   #7
Mikematute
Zombie Prosecutor
Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Gaming
Mikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Review of the Month Poster 
Total Awards: 4

i couldnt care less.
nintendo rocks
i dont care for sony
sony is only good for TVs.

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK I AM
Old 04-08-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
NommyNommy
Banned

NommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to behold

man, wii isn't new anymore you guys

and the wii doesn't need a harddrive, everything on the store that is good can easily be played for free
Old 04-08-2011, 08:17 PM   #9
AlexTheGamer1000
Former Idiot
Points: 2,143, Level: 27 Points: 2,143, Level: 27 Points: 2,143, Level: 27

AlexTheGamer1000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Dialga View Post
That comment may bite Sony back in the butt someday.
agreed. it's going to bite them worse than a tiger bite!
Old 04-08-2011, 08:42 PM   #10
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 23,845, Level: 94 Points: 23,845, Level: 94 Points: 23,845, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Sony is still as cocky as ever