Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Games > Pokemon Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 12:33 AM   #1
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,566, Level: 100 Points: 58,566, Level: 100 Points: 58,566, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
SG64's Firered Nuzlocke Run

I've decided to do a nuzlocke run of Pokemon Firered. I am required to catch the first pokemon I see on a route or area. If it faitns or runs, I cannot catch a pokemon in that area. No other pokemon can be caught in any area after catching the first. the first rule is void if it is a pokemon you already had or have. all Pokemon must be nicknamed when caught. If a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead, and must be released. A white out/black otu is considered game over, and you must revert to your last save. There are many other optional rules, but the only one I've chosen is
the no item rule. i can only heal via Pokemon center.

My play through so far:

Pallet town:
Picked Squirtle as starter. Named it Shelly.

Route 1:

Caught Pidgey/ Named it Kari.

Viridian City:
Took Oak's parcel back to him.

Route 22:
Caught Mankey. named it Jim.

Road to virdian Forest:

Caught Rattata. Named it Plague.

Decided to level everything to level 10 before continuing.

Kari died while leveling at level 5.

Virdian Forest:
Caught Weedle, named it Furi.

leveled it up until it became a Beedrill.

Went back to route 22 to fight rival.

Pewter City:
Beat Brock's gym without losing anyone, thankfully.

Route 2:
Caught Jigglypuff and named it Melody

Mt. Moon
Caught Geodude and named it Blarg Man XD

Party at the moment:
Melody(Jigglypuff) - level 8
Furi(Beedrill) - level 10
Jim(Mankey) - level 12
Shelly(Squirtle) - level 14
Plague(rettata) - level 12
Blarg Man(Geodude) - level 8

Graveyard:
Kari(Pidgey) - caught at level 2, died at level 5 while leveling.

I'll update this as I progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2011, 01:37 AM   #2
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,566, Level: 100 Points: 58,566, Level: 100 Points: 58,566, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quick update.

Mt.Moon:
Jim died on me...it was sad....

Shelly evolved into a wartortle

Route 4:
Caught an Ekans, named it Naga

Melody died while battling said Ekans

Party at the moment:
Barg Man(geodude) - level 11

Furi(Beedrill) - level 11

Plague(rattata) - level 13

Shelly(Wartortle) - level 17

Naga(Ekans) - level 6

Graveyard:
Kari(Pidgey) - caught at level 2, died at level 5 while leveling on Route 22.

Jim(Mankey) - Caught at level 3, died while passing through Mt.Moon at level 14.

Melody(Jigglypuff) - Caught at level 8, died at level 12 while fighting Naga.

Quote:

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 04-12-2011, 06:05 AM   #3
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Looks like someone has a lot of time on their hands.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #4
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Forum bud View Post
Looks like someone has a lot of time on their hands.
I'm unemployed and the weather is terrible.

Quote:

Old 04-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
I've considered doing this too, though the only rules I know is regarding the parties, and if they faint, you lose em. Is that all that's to it? Does it matter which pokemon game?
Old 04-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #6
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
I'm unemployed and the weather is terrible.

Yah yah, just make sure to include this: http://nintendofanforum.com/showthread.php?t=8112 in your pokemanz schedule. Also, hot sun, tropical weather conditions, greens everywhere. I don't blame you for staying indoors.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #7
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Forum bud View Post
Yah yah, just make sure to include this: http://nintendofanforum.com/showthread.php?t=8112 in your pokemanz schedule. Also, hot sun, tropical weather conditions, greens everywhere. I don't blame you for staying indoors.
It's been raining like crazy here.

Quote:

Old 04-12-2011, 05:13 PM   #8
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
It's been raining like crazy here.
I can vouch for him on this. Weather has been terrible here.

Only thing I can really do is sit inside and play video games if i'm not working.

Then again, I do that on nice days because I'm a lazy SOB.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #9
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Update time.

Cerulean City:
Fought my rival(LIKE A BOSS)

Route 24:
Beat Nugget Bridge(LIKE A BOSS)

Caught Abra (LIKE A BOSS), named him Dio(LIKE A BOSS)

Route 25:
Caught Oddish(LIKE A BOSS), named it Pot(LIKE A BOSS)

Evolved Dio(LIKE A BOSS)

Helped Bill(LIKE A BOSS)

Cerulean City:
Exchanged Pot for Naga(LIKE A BOSS)

Beat Misty(LIKE A BOSS)

Party at the moment:
Pot(Oddish) - level 17
Dio(Kadabra) - level16
Furi(Beedrill) - level 14
Shelly(wartortle) - level 20
Blarg Man(Geodude) - level 15
Plague(Rattata) - level 18

Graveyard:
Kari(Pidgey) - caught at level 2, died at level 5 while leveling on Route 22.

Jim(Mankey) - Caught at level 3, died while passing through Mt.Moon at level 14.

Melody(Jigglypuff) - Caught at level 8, died at level 12 while fighting Naga.

at least now I have a boxed pokemon so if something dies i won't be totally screwed until I reach a new route. This has been an itneresting play through so far, and I recomend it to any pokemon fan.

@cameron - no. Well...obviously, can't be the gamecube games or stadium games.

Quote:

Old 04-12-2011, 06:39 PM   #10
Final Flourish
Light Grenade

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 

Supergamebroski needs to update his story Immortal pretty soon, LIKE A BOSS.
But srsly, how much time do you dedicate into this nuzlocke run? It seems fun but also time consuming, and time is something I don't have too much to indulge in.