Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Games > Pokemon Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Pink Pearl Voice
Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59
User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: In Love
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Game Reviewer Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Poster Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 9

Send a message via MSN to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Send a message via Skype™ to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Xbox Live Gamertag: z0mbii baItt
CrAzYoNzZ's Leafgreen Nuzlocke Challenge!

So, me and SGC decided to do a Nuzlocke run of our Leafgreen/Firered pokemon games. I thought it was stupid an unnecessary, but SGC got me interested in doing it. :3

For the Nuzlocke challenge, there are a set of rules that make it more interesting to play through a game you have already beaten.
  • Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
  • The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
While not exactly a definite rule, the general consensus is that players must also nickname all of their Pokémon, for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.

Taken from Bulbapedia. There are also many optional rules, one of which is either using all items or using only Pokemon Centers for healing. Since I'm a cheap penny-pincher, I went with the Pokemon Center option.

Anyway, now that you know the rules, here's my account of my Nuzlocke Challenge! :3 Will update frequently as I can use the internet.

Pallet Town:
Obtained Bulbasaur as my starter. I named him Bulby.

Route One:

Did the Oak Parcel thinger, got Pokeballs.
Caught Rattata at Level 3. Named her Rita.

Viridian City:
The Old Man showed me how to catch a pokemon. No, I don't know how to catch pokemon. Catching this Rattata all by myself was a mistake.

Route Two:
Rita died while leveling, at level 4. ;~; You will be missed, sweet little Rattata.
Caught Caterpie, named him Silkee.
Silkee evolved into Metapod.

Viridian Forest:
Caught Weedle, named her Kelly.
Forgot to go to Route leading to the Pokemon Leauge, went back there.
Caught Spearow, named him Speary!
Went back to the forest.

Route Two:

Caught Pidgey, named her Lily.
Leveled all pokemon to 10 before continuing besides Kelly, who only got to the Kakuna stage at level 8 before I gave up on her for now.

Silkee evolved into Butterfree!

Pewter City:
Beat Brock without losing anyone!
Continued to Route three.

Route Three:
Kelly evolved into Beedrill!
Caught a Nidoran male, named him Dino.

Route Four:

Put Lily away to free up a space for the Geodude or Zubat I will inevitably catch in Mt. Moon.

If you look everybody here is trying on new faces
And the ones that fit are surprisingly contagious
With a shiny new beginning we cordially invite you to
Into the dressing room.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #2
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Thank you for explaining the rules, I may join you guys in soing this. I need something to play and I've been interested in trying nuzlocke for a while.

It's also been too long since I played red or blue so I want to play fire red and leaf green to check them out. However, I think it will be Fire Red for me since I already have Fire Red on PSP :P

Good Luck to you! (and me lol)
Old 04-14-2011, 06:02 AM   #3
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Olawd.
Supergamebroski started a trend.

Also, are you allowed to flee from a fight?
If one of your pokemon dies and you meet a pokemon of the same species are you allowed to catch it?
Old 04-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #4
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 

for their rules, its whatever pokemon they first encounter is the one they have to attempt to catch. So yes, as far as I know they can have duplicate pokemon.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Pink Pearl Voice
Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59
User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: In Love
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Game Reviewer Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Poster Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 9

Send a message via MSN to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Send a message via Skype™ to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Xbox Live Gamertag: z0mbii baItt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Forum bud View Post
Olawd.
Supergamebroski started a trend.

Also, are you allowed to flee from a fight?
If one of your pokemon dies and you meet a pokemon of the same species are you allowed to catch it?

I started it.
SGC didn't know what the Nuzlocke was, I told him and he suggested we do it. It's all my fault. :3

If you look everybody here is trying on new faces
And the ones that fit are surprisingly contagious
With a shiny new beginning we cordially invite you to
Into the dressing room.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #6
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Then you've once again started another trend..*Thinks back to the invasion of the punies.*
Old 04-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #7
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

you and SGC64 have no updates lately? I am disappointed :-/

Tags
challenge, leafgreen, nuzlocke, pokemon