Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Games > Pokemon Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Cameron's Fire Red Nuzlocke Run! (yes another one)

Now, yeah, CC & SGC are doing this as well as a couple of friends I know IRL so I figured why not? I'm not playing anything significant. I will be playing Fire Red since 3 of us are doing this on the forum I figured I would do this specific generation as well and take the starter pokemon that CC & SGC already didn't take. I'll be updating this thread often as I play although I don't have an incredible amount of time on my hands, I really don't have much else to do other than school and bowling.

As CC already highlighted, here are the general "must follow" rules:

-Any Pokemon that faints is considered dead, and must be released
-Player must capture the first Pokemon in every area, and no one else. If the said pokemon faints or flees, there are no second chances.
-Player should name every pokemon they catch

There is also a dozen rules or so that are optional, I will be taking a few of those rules to make this interesting, but I will try to take ones SGC and CC didn't:

-adjusting the first encounter rule to avoid duplicates (this one has good and bad to it but I can catch more than 1 per area so long as they are different and I still want a large pokedex so that's my adjustment.)
-banning the use of certain items (I will be banning X-accuracy, X-Defense, etc. so I cannot use them. Also no escape ropes)
-rather than releasing the pokemon, it must be stored in the PC box not to come out (I'll use this one so that I can keep better track of my dead pokemon for this threads statistic's sake)

So those are the 3 additional rules that I will be using. ^ I may tack a rule or two on to this if the game seems to easy, I want a challenge. I probably will add the no potion thing.

There is some other rules but I want to keep this different from the other 2 members here doing this thread. FYI, I've been wanting to do a nuzlocke run for about a month or two I think but I was hoping that it could be a video LP, however that isn't possible.

as for the adjustment rule, its really up to you what you adjust and it does seem to give me help if anything so I am going to customize it here to seem more fair:

- I cannot catch the same pokemon twice if it ever comes my way again on another route or trade. Doesn't matter if the old one is dead or not.
- I will limit myself to 2 pokemon per route to make this balance out a bit more.
- if I encounter a new pokemon on a new route and I don't catch it then I use up one of my 2 pokemon that I am allowed to potentially catch per area. This will stop me from being selective in who I pick, and it keeps the rule similar to what it originally was.

Play Through So Far:

Pallet Town (Pokemon 1/2):

CC chose Bulbasaur, SGC chose squirtle, so I'm taking Charmander and I named it Neil

Fought my Rival who is called Caleb since he took squirtle, it seemed fitting (I've played Red/Blue enough to know what the rival picks depending on what you pick) :P

Route 1 (pokemon 2/2):

Ran into nothing but pidgeys and caught the first one in yellow health, called it Jennie

Both Neil and Jennie were at less than 5 hp so I had to flee my way to the pokemon center lol.

Came back after healing and got Jennie and Neil to beat down a rattata and then I caught her. Name is Nicky

Viridian City (pokemon 0/2):

done nothing here but heal

Team:

Neil Lvl 6 (Charmander)
Jennie Lvl 3 (Pidgey)
Nicky Lvl 2 (Rattata)

Last edited by Cam3ron36@NFF; 04-13-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 

Route 1:

Grinded for a bit with Nicky and Jennie, at one point I sent Jennie out against a level 3 pidgey when the pidgey was near death and so was Nicky so I needed to and somehow the pidgey got a critical hit against my level 3 pidgey and somehow takes Jennie out completely... It sucks, pidgey was kind of an essential pokemon for the future with the HM Fly. Jennie is dead.

and so I ventured on with Neil and Nicky.

Grinded some more, in total Nicky got to level 6 here

Viridian City (pokemon 0/2):

Same old, same old healing. I stored Jennie away in box 14 which is my dead pokemon box for now.

Route 2 (Pokemon 0/2):

Grinded a bit, Nicky got to level 8, and Neil got to level 9. Nicky learned Quick attack and Neil learned Ember.

Viridian Forest (Pokemon 1/2):

Briefly stopped here and caught a Caterpie, so I feel slightly safer now. It's female again, third one straight in a row! :P Called her Stephanie.

Edit:

Route 1 (pokemon 2/2):

Bye bye Stephanie, effing critical hits and level 3 pidgeys... Damn it!

Team:

Neil Lvl 9 (Charmander) - met at level 5
Nicky Lvl 8 (Rattata) - met at level 2

Body Count:

Jennie (Pidgey) - Caught at level 3, died at level 4 due to a misfortunate critical hit while leveling in route 1

Stephanie (Caterpie) - Caught at level 3, died at level 3 due to another misfortunate critical hit while leveling in route 1

Last edited by Cam3ron36@NFF; 04-13-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
Mikematute
Zombie Prosecutor
Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce

Mikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Review of the Month Poster 
Total Awards: 4

i wanna try this out. must i use a first gen game or can it be another one???

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK I AM
Old 04-13-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,343, Level: 100 Points: 58,343, Level: 100 Points: 58,343, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikematute View Post
i wanna try this out. must i use a first gen game or can it be another one???
as long as it's a Pokemon game in the mains series, it doesn't matter. I wanted to do soulSilver, but i haven't gotten all of my pokemon off of the cartridge onto White yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 04-13-2011, 10:19 PM   #5
Mikematute
Zombie Prosecutor
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce

Mikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
as long as it's a Pokemon game in the mains series, it doesn't matter. I wanted to do soulSilver, but i haven't gotten all of my pokemon off of the cartridge onto White yet.
lol. maybe I will do it with my platinum version.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:32 PM   #6
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Pink Pearl Voice
Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59
User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: In Love
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Game Reviewer Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Poster Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 9

Send a message via MSN to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Send a message via Skype™ to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Xbox Live Gamertag: z0mbii baItt
Wow, Cam already lost 2 pokemon. The only one I lost (so far, I have yet to survive MT. Moon) is poor Rita. ;~; RIP sweet little Rattata...

I realized that the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town holds a whole new meaning for us Nuzlocke players, we can pray for our dead partners while we are there. xD

If you look everybody here is trying on new faces
And the ones that fit are surprisingly contagious
With a shiny new beginning we cordially invite you to
Into the dressing room.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:43 PM   #7
Mikematute
Zombie Prosecutor

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorful CrAzYoNzZ View Post
Wow, Cam already lost 2 pokemon. The only one I lost (so far, I have yet to survive MT. Moon) is poor Rita. ;~; RIP sweet little Rattata...

I realized that the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town holds a whole new meaning for us Nuzlocke players, we can pray for our dead partners while we are there. xD
lol. i would like to get a gastly... HEY THAT DOENST COUNT..THE FIRST POKEMON THAT APPEARS YOU CANT CATCH/KILL IN THAT PLACE. IT IS UNFAIR.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:50 PM   #8
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

Yeah Pidgey Really Hurt, that's one of my main pokemon usually unless I get spearow instead. I've been really cautious lately. I guess I'll do another mini-update:

Route 2 (Pokemon 1/2):

I actually found a Weedle here which is kind of weird. It seems like they made them harder to come across here then they did in red/blue but I don't remember much. Once again, it is female. I named her Cara and she has nothing special to kill enemies quick with so I have been switching her out almost instantly out of caution and to get her some leveling up

Caught Cara at level 4 and she is now level 6 after much grinding.

Team:

Neil Lvl 10 (Charmander) - met at level 5
Nicky Lvl 9 (Rattata) - met at level 2
Cara Lvl 6 (Weedle) - met at level 4

Body Count:

Jennie (Pidgey) - Caught at level 3, died at level 4 due to a misfortunate critical hit while leveling in route 1

Stephanie (Caterpie) - Caught at level 3, died at level 3 due to another misfortunate critical hit while leveling in route 1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been extremely careful to avoid critical hit deaths lately with certain educated theories lol. I've got to say playing this with Nuzlocke has been a thrill so far and makes the game insanely fun.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:55 AM   #9
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

What are all the rules for a nuzlock run?
Do you HAVE to start the game over to run it?
Wait, I suppose you'd have to. Wouldn't make the game very challenging if you didn't, lol.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #10
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

Google it, but all the essential rules are written in mine, and CC's thread. Update to come when I'm not on the wii :P