Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Games > Pokemon Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Pikachu WFB's (Impossible) Diamond Nuzlocke run!

Oh yew guys, yew started a trend. To be completely honest though, the first time I heard of the nuzlocke run my reaction was along the lines of "Watda fack is dis shyte" and I thought it was silly and not worth the effort. However, when more and more started fallowing the trend I started to become intrigued by it.

SO, I'm going to start the nuzlocke run. And since my sister owns Firered, I'm going to perform the stunt on my Diamond! Hurr. However, I'll be using some additional rules to make my trial even more miserable! I'll highlight the additional rules respectively.

Standard nuzlocke challenge rules.
1. If a pokemon faints, It's dead for good. I'll be permanently boxing them in a box somewhere in my PC for memories sake.
2. I must nickname all my pokemon.
3. I can only catch the first pokemon encountered in an area, if I fail to catch it or I just plain beat it to death I cannot gain a second chance.
Additional rules I'll add to the madness.
1. I cannot catch duplicates.
2. I will go to "options" and set the battle style to "Set", meaning If a trainer is sending out another pokemon after his/her previous one has been defeated I don't have the option to switch out my pokemon.
3. I cannot use escape rope.
4. And the most critical of rules I'll be adding: I will not be able to heal my pokemon in pokemon centers. I will, instead, have to rely on healing items I find and buy in the pokemart. Crazy SOB, aren't I?

All right, let the good times Roll!

Play through so far...

Twinleaf town:
I named my Character NFForum, to stand for NintendoFanForum. My trainer is female, because of the fickle and aloof nature both possess. Give it a while, you'll see a pattern.
Named my Rival Da beef. He tried fining NFForum for millions multiple times..

Verity lakefront:
Da beef followed NFForum to verity lakefront; They were ganged up my two Starlies.
Chose Chimchar as starter, needless to say he kicked ass. Doesn't let NFForum nickname him just yet, though.
NFForum and da Beef returned to Twinleaf town.

Twinleaf Town:
NFForum received running boots from mom.
Ran to route 201. It felt good.

Route 201:
Encountered starly lv3. Didn't have any pokeballs so NFForum had to kill it. It got chimchar down to 10Hp..
Encountered Starly lv3. NFForum fled from battle. Didn't want chimchar to die.

Sandgem Town:
Got to Prof: Rowan and named my Chimchar WForumbud, finally!
He also gave NFForum a pokedex.
Lucas, the prof's bitch, showed NFF around Sandgem town.
Talked to everyone around Sandgem to see if NFF could get a free item; no luck.
Went to the Pokemart, bought 8 potions and two pokeballs.
Used potion on WForumbud. 7 potions left.

Route 202:
Tried to walk through the route but was abrupltly stopped by the Prof's bitch, Lucas. He told NFF to go to her mom and tell her she's leaving.

Sandgem Town:
Passed it in an effort to go to Twinleaf town.

Route 201:
Used 3inch cliffs to make it to Twinleaf without having to fight.

Twinleaf Town:
Finally, Omfg.
Went into a house to talk to mom. Wrong house.
Went out and into the correct house.
She healed NFF. Fml, I already used a potion on WForumbud.
She gave NFF a journal, it'll help in NFF's Nuzlocke journey. da Beef's mom came out of nowhere and told NFF to give her son, Da beef, his parcel. Don't wanna be no one's bitch, don't wanna be like Lucas.
NFF GTFO of there and ran to Route 202.

Route 201:
Ran into a lv2 starly. Stepped it out. WForumbud lved to lv6.
Ran into another lv3 starly, fml. Killed it. Continued running.

Sandgem Town:
Ran to route 202.

Route 202:
Lucas the bitch decided to annoy NFF even more by showing her how to catch pokemon. NFForum was all like "Ninja please, I've been catching the pokemanz before you were even born."
But he showed NFF anyway, douche. He gave NFF five pokeballs afterward. Maybe he isn't that bad of a guy.
Encountered lv4 Starly. Caught it in yellow health and named it SuperGC64. Used a potion on it.
Battled trainer with Lv5starly. NFForum was paranoid throughout the whole battle. Consumed 2 potions in the battle. WForumbud lved to lv7. and learned ember...LIKE A BOSS.
Saved and placed my DS to charge.

NFForum's party
WForumbud(Chimchar) lv7 21/24HP.
SuperGC64(Starly) lv4 4/17HP.

Supplies (Crucial during a no-pokemon center run).
4x Potion.
6x pokeball.

Last edited by Final Flourish; 04-15-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 57,466, Level: 100 Points: 57,466, Level: 100 Points: 57,466, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64

Check me out on Facebook!
Like action figures? Click here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 04-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #3
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
Oh you bet, 'cause the other three that attempted the nuzlocke were completely original.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #4
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,286, Level: 100 Points: 31,286, Level: 100 Points: 31,286, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
As I said, everyone after the third person is a poser. So you and lukario are posers :P

Jk, at least I'm the only one doing this on my other forum.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
Final Flourish
Light Grenade

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ronNFF View Post
As I said, everyone after the third person is a poser. So you and lukario are posers :P

Jk, at least I'm the only one doing this on my other forum.

I kid. I kid. I never realized how crazy a nuzlocke run could get with NO pokemon centers. The biggest problem isn't even mantaining my HP, it's preserving the PP of your moves!
Anyway, a quick update.

Route 202:
Used potion on SuperGC64, 3 potions left.
Trained SuperGC64 to lv5.
Used another potion on SuperGC65, 2 left..Damn.
Battled lass with two lv3 Bidoofs, Piece of cake.
WForumbud lved to lv8.
Battled trainer with lv5 Shinx, easy peasy lemon..well, you know the rest.
Picked up a potion on the floor. Who leaves crap like that just lying around, anyway?

Jubilife City:
Raided houses in search for potions and found a fishing rod and a poketech.
Went to the pokemon school to battle little children.
Gave da Beef his stupid parcel and he gave NFF a town map.
Obtained quick claw from some stranger.
Sold three pokeballs and bought two potions, using one on WForumbud.

Route 204:
Picked up paralyze heal off the ground.
Caught a bidoof lv4 in yellow health and named it Mr. Hudson.
Used a potion on it, 3 left.
Went back to route 202 to grind and got SuperGC64 to lv6 and WForumbud to lv10 and came back.
Lved SuperGC64 to lv8 after two trainer battles, consuming one potion in the process.
Used another potion on Mr. Hudson..one left.
Ran to jubilife city and grabbed a potion.
Made it to an impassable cave and turned back to Jubilife city.

Jubilife city:
There are three paths to take. NFF has taken the north one, route 204, already so she went left to route 218.

Route 218:
NFF fished and a lv4 magikarp flops out of the water, naturally.
NFF caught it in green health, naming it Gameboy. Then she lol'd at the description the dex gave it. Route 218 turned out to be a watery dead end so she turned back. OTL.

Jubilife city:
Went east to route 203.

Route 203:
Oshyte, da Beef challenged NFF to a battle out of the blue. Hope it doesn't turn into a massacre.
NFF trolled da Beef hard and Mr. Hudson lved to lv9 and WForum bud to lv11.
One potion was consumed during the battle, one left..
Goes back to Jubilife city to restock on some heals and saves afterward.

Inventory:
4x Potion.
1x Parlyz heal.
1x Antidote.
2x Pokeball.

I'll be updating this fairly soon today.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #6
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,286, Level: 100 Points: 31,286, Level: 100 Points: 31,286, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 

at least with diamond you can fight anyone again for money whenever you want. Where as our games, the only money making opportunities are the trainers that we can only fight once. That's one problem I have with pokemon, I wish you could get money for random battles...
Old 04-15-2011, 07:47 PM   #7
Final Flourish
Light Grenade

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 

Quote:
at least with diamond you can fight anyone again for money whenever you want. Where as our games, the only money making opportunities are the trainers that we can only fight once. That's one problem I have with pokemon, I wish you could get money for random battles...
I completely forgot about that feature. I don't think I get it until I'm deep in the game, though. I'd agree with you, but something tells me fighting weaker pokemon for money would make Nuzlocke runs too easy and broken. By fighting trainers you take risks because you cannot run, and you are rewarded for taking that risk.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:04 PM   #8
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

yeah, but I'm sure they provide much more money than you'd ever need in a pokemon game, however the idea that there is only a limited amount of money in the game could screw you over if you really let it, you know?
Old 04-16-2011, 07:28 AM   #9
Final Flourish
Light Grenade

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 

Quote:
yeah, but I'm sure they provide much more money than you'd ever need in a pokemon game, however the idea that there is only a limited amount of money in the game could screw you over if you really let it, you know?
Oh yeah, totally. If you don't use your money meticulously you're doomed. More so in a nuzlocke run.

Anyway. Quick update.

Route 203:
NFF ran around in the grass hoping to encounter a new pokemon; no luck. I wasted my one encounter quota for a starly.
NFF battles a youngster with a lv5 zubat and bidoof.
WForumbud lved to lv12.
Mr. Hudson is running out of PP for this moves..
Battled even more trainers and lved SuperGC64 to lv10.
Used potion on on SuperGC64, 3 left.
Found repel in the grass.

Oreburge Gate:
Some kind of cave. Some guy gave ne HM06 Rock smash so I'm good fighting rock type pokemon.
First pokemon met was Geodude. I don't like geodudes so I killed it. After dozens of trainers and geodudes I made it to the exit.
Mr. Hudson lved to lv8, consuming all my potions in the process.

Oreburge City:
Ran to the Pokemart to restock on heals. Bought two potions.
NFF went to route 207 in search of a new pokemon, but unfortunately the first pokemon encountered was a geodude. FFFFFFU-.
NFF was given a super potion by some random miner.

Oreburge Mine:
NFF uses a potion on WForumbud, one left.
A dozen battles with transgender geodudes and miners later WForumbud evolved at lv14.
Found an escape rope on the floor. Could be exchanged at the Pokemart for some cash later.
Also found a potion.
I left the mine, deciding I would head over to the gym leader.

Oreburge City:
Saved and put my DS to charge.

Inventory:
x2 Potion.
x1 SuperPotion.
x1 Antidote.
x1 Paralyze heal.
x3 Pokeball.

Party:
lv14 WForumbud(Monferno) 19/45HP
lv8 Mr.Hudson(Bidoof) 12/28HP
lv11 SuperGC64(Starly) 10/31HP
lv4 Gameboy(Magikarp) 9/15HP

Side notes:
None of my pokemon have died yet, although I did have some very close occurrences. Not gonna jynx it.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:42 PM   #10
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 57,466, Level: 100 Points: 57,466, Level: 100 Points: 57,466, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
I played more of my run the other day, but I wasn't able to update the post...I might have to just update the party and graveyard cus I remember little other than that, lol

and before WFB gets on me about Immortal, I did plan to have it updated by tonight but chapter 2 is not finished. Sorry.

Check me out on Facebook!
Like action figures? Click here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Closed Thread

Tags
bud, nuzlocke, nuzlocke run, pokemanz'errday, pokemon