Member Articles Members Articles

Closed Article

Article Tools
Top 10 Paper Mario Series Bosses
Published by Alice
04-17-2011

Paper Mario is an inventive series. Taking the famous gaming icon of Mario, and trowing him into a 2-dementional 3-dementional world was an artistic move, and throwing in the RPG genre improved it.
With this artsy style, the Paper Mario Series ended up having some inventive and whacky bosses. Some good (Shadow Queen, some bad (King Crocus), and some that were just awesome (Koopa Bros.).
This Article is a list of the 10 BOSSES i deem to be the best. This list will not include mini-bosses.

--------------------

10: Francis

Francis is a stereotypical geek, having tons of nerdy paraphernalia and gawking over 'pretty' females, while using technology for all sorts of things.
He is on this list because he is a humourous element, and his fight is actually relatively interesting. He uses camouflage to blend in with the background. "how do I hit him?" Flip to 3-d view and spot his shadow, then do some fancy hopping action.

9: Bonetail

First we fought Hooktail, then we fought Gloomtail, but only some of us got to Bonetail. Bonetail is the ultimate challenge of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, chillaxing at the very bottom of the Pit of 100 trials. Bonetail uses essentially the same attacks as his 2 family members, so there's no real need to research his attacks, which is why he strikes so low. Hell, if he was easier, he wouldn't even be in this list.

8: Mimi

HOLY CRAP!
Yea, Mimi is a frightening, shape-shifting imp that really shows how morbid even kids games can be.
Mimi strikes low because she is easy, but she strike higher than Bonetail because she has 2 different forms, fought in different areas, as different characters.

She is fought as Mario in her spider form, fought as really any character in her imp form, and then fought as her spider form again as Peach only. In this way, no 2 fights are quite the same.

7: Doopliss

Damn Doopliss was annoying.
You had to backtrack between Twilight Town and Creepy Steeple over, and over... AND F*CKING OVER AGAIN!
...and not to mention that the jerk had the nerve to steal your identity, then use your party against you in the final battle against him in the Creepy Steeple for that chapter, finally, you get to kick his smug butt. But it doesn't end there, ohhhhh no.
The jerk shows up again in the final dungeon with the Shadow Sirens, and this time, he has improved stats, better allies, and he can change his shape to one of your team members. This makes the fight even more annoying because there's no way to prepare, he changes into a random ally. -Ragequit-

6: Lava Piranha

A plant... in lava... sweet!
Yes, Lava Piranha is a pretty cool dude using fire, FIRE, to fight off Mario. And in his second phase, Lava Piranha catches himself on FIRE and continues pelting Mario with FIRE.
Did I mention he is a plant using fire?

5: Cortez

Pirate ghost, 4 arms, 4 badass weapons, up to 5 attacks per turn.
Oh yea, Cortez is a beast.
He proves to be a formidable force, have a relatively high amount of HP, as well as some good attacks. Need I forget to mention that Cortez can heal later into the battle? He can, and he is tough.

4: Smorg

This fight takes some good tactic, and without making a tactic, you are screwed. The Smorg appears on the train to Poshley heights, out of the blue, and manages to really take a tole on Mario and his crew.
Their attacks do a lot of damage, and can really weaken you fast.

3:
Shadow Queen

The Shadow Queen really know how to kick some ass. She takes 2 forms, her true form, and her embodiment of Princess Peach... form.
She is so morbid, being a spirit of a demon locked away, and using spirits from hell to attack and kill audience members to heal.
PLUS, the battle with her is brutal, she does a lot of damage, and has a lot of health.
and her theme is cool

2: Bowser

Bowser is the comic-relief character, yet he still manages to provide for some struggles in battle. His attack patterns in any game make him a foe worth fearing, and his dialogue makes him worth laughing at.
Basically, he strikes high because he plays 2 roles, and has hefty attacks.

1: Count Bleck

Who didn't see this coming?
Seriously, the fight with Bleck is awesome. He is so powerful, you attack fruitlessly until having the pure hearts shatter his shield, and even then, he's still strong. Plus, he is just a depressing character. He had his true love taken from him, and had his heart destroyed, so he swore revenge on the world, he would make the world feel his pain. great back story.
and awesome music, not as kick ass as the Shadow Queens, but still good.
Published by
----
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Alice

Article Tools
Sponsored Links
By Final Flourish on 04-18-2011, 08:44 AM
Olawd. The fire pirahna.
Probably the most badass boss in the history of Mario.
By Alice on 04-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Forum bud View Post
Olawd. The fire pirahna.
Probably the most badass boss in the history of Mario.
Lava Piranha, LAVA!
By Final Flourish on 04-18-2011, 09:51 AM
By SuperGamecube64 on 04-18-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm disappointed at Count Bleck being number 1, but I'm biased because I hate SPM.
By Final Flourish on 04-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
I'm disappointed at Count Bleck being number 1, but I'm biased because I hate SPM.
I'm gonna sip some haterade with SuperGamebroski on this one.
Super Paper Mario was just no.
By Alice on 04-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Forum bud View Post
I'm gonna sip some haterade with SuperGamebroski on this one.
Super Paper Mario was just no.
It was.
But I'm not basing this off the games, I'm basing it off of bosses.
Some boss battles were fun in SPM, shush.
By TheLoveB4U on 04-18-2011, 10:15 PM
SPM wasn't all that bad, i enjoyed beating the game.
Closed Article