Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Other Reviews

Notices

Other Reviews Playstation, Xbox, PC, or any other console game Review. Also console reviews too

Comment

Review Tools
Hydro Thunder
Hydro Thunder
Midway's hot, wet, and wild arcade racing mega-hit!
Published by AlexTheGamer1000
04-18-2011
Author review
GraphicsN/A
StorylineN/A
Controls/GameplayN/A
SoundN/A
Average N/A%
Thumbs up Hydro Thunder

I hope any of you guys on this forum remember that awesomeness known as Hydro Thunder! As you guys may or may not know, Hydro Thunder is a totally awesome powerboat racing game, with amazing graphics provided by 3DFX Interactive's Voodoo Banshee graphics technology on Quantum3D's Quicksilver II arcade PC system (for the arcade version of the game that is, but hey, you probably don't know what I'm talking about with this part), a really epic soundtrack, spectacular tracks, 13 (four of them unlockable) boats to race with, and wild multi-player races up to four players! Developed by the guys at Midway San Diego in California. Apparently, some guys from Midway were on vacation and their brains hatched an idea that will forever have that one soft spot in the hearts of many racing game fans...Hydro Thunder! They ported the watery arcade racer mega-hit onto systems like PlayStation, N64, and Sega Dreamcast! They also did a PC version of the game, though released in Europe only
Below is a youtube video of the Arcade Guts review for Hydro Thunder, the original game, and not that new-fangled Hydro Thunder Hurricane released for XBOX Live Arcade.

and I'm a bit curious. If you've played Hydro Thunder before, do tell me what your favorite boat in the game is and go easy on me with the constructive criticism, thank you very much
Sponsored Links
By Nintenduendo on 04-20-2011, 10:06 PM
Well, let's start with the fact that this doesn't really feel like a review at all. It feels more like an advertisement for the game.

This wouldn't be a problem if this was in a normal discussion topic in the forum, but somehow it just....winded up here, in member reviews.

I mean, maybe if the video worked (which I'm not saying is your fault), I could possibly see this as an attempt of a review, but the lack of concrete scores, pros and cons, and other assorted things that make a review a review is absent, making this more or less a fan post about the game it's describing.
By AlexTheGamer1000 on 04-20-2011, 11:18 PM
why is it that everytime I'd make a review, that it doesn't feel exactly like a review to you guys at all? it's frustrating!
By Nintenduendo on 04-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTheGamer1000 View Post
why is it that everytime I'd make a review, that it doesn't feel exactly like a review to you guys at all? it's frustrating!
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
The lack of concrete scores, pros and cons, and other assorted things that make a review a review is absent, making this more or less a fan post about the game it's describing.
I didn't post this for my own health, Jethro.

If you want to try making a good review, read some reviews, either member reviews here on NFF or from another source, to get a general idea on how to create one.
By AlexTheGamer1000 on 04-20-2011, 11:43 PM
I am not Jethro!
By Nintenduendo on 04-20-2011, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTheGamer1000 View Post
I am not Jethro!
This gives me enough evidence to believe that you find trite and meaningless things to bring up and largely ignore the advice I'm trying to give you.
By SuperGamecube64 on 04-21-2011, 12:21 AM
Just give up, Glast...He takes critique as criticism while thinking he's the best. He's like Charlie Sheen, but younger and with less STDs and drug problems...

In all seriousness, if you don't want us to tell you what we think of your work, don't post it. We try to hep you, but all you ever do is take offense to our advice.
By AlexTheGamer1000 on 04-29-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm sorry, I just can't help myself!
By Lukario on 04-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Hydro Thunder...HURRICANE!!
By AlexTheGamer1000 on 04-29-2011, 11:27 PM
I prefer the original but hey, the new Razorback looks cool with those dual air scoops!
Comment