Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 23,775, Level: 94 Points: 23,775, Level: 94 Points: 23,775, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Retro Working on Popular Title for new Nintendo Console

Quote:
Retro Working On Popular Title For Nintendo HD Console

News

by Matthew Kato on April 20, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Since we broke the news that Nintendo was getting set to unveil a new, HD-ready system at E3, tons of news has been coming out about the system. The latest is that Metroid Prime trilogy developer Retro Studios is working on a title for the console.
The Paul Gale Network says it has talked to two different people at the studio who say they were the first developer to get kits for the new platform and they've been working on a title for it that they say is a game that "everyone wants them to do."
Of course, coming off of three Metroid Prime games and Donkey Kong Country Returns, we have no doubt that we'll be excited by whatever game Retro is working on.
While hearing about the new system and the rumors of its functionality is exciting, it's good to hear that Nintendo is lining up things on the software side as well. Earlier this week a report came out that Rockstar has been approached to make games for the system.
SOURCE: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...d-console.aspx

Funny how I found this on Gameinformer huh?

Anyway*crosses fingers for Starfox*
Old 04-20-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

A game that everyone wants them to do? Smart money is on a Gyromite/Stack-Up reboot.

....That's a joke! I kid the Robotic Operating Buddy!

But seriously, folks...

To my knowledge, there are three series everyone has wanted to see Retro put their spin on: Zelda, StarFox and F-Zero.

Zelda is highly unlikely, mainly concerning the timeline. If they can make a game that doesn't really seem to disrupt the timeline's flow, or if they create a game that would fit into the timeline so obviously that Nintendo feels that they'd be wasting their own time creating it themselves, then sure, why not?

StarFox and F-Zero, however, are looking like the most obvious candidates.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
CosmicMega
A Mega Guy in Cosmos
Points: 1,695, Level: 23 Points: 1,695, Level: 23 Points: 1,695, Level: 23

CosmicMega has a spectacular aura aboutCosmicMega has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 1

I'm holding out for Starfox and F-Zero, Starfox a bit more so.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 

I'd be fine with any of the 3 possible candidates you listed. More so Star Fox than anything. Another Kirby or Donkey Kong couldn't hurt either.

Or...maybe it's something no one is expecting, and it will blow our ****ing minds.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #5
Nintenduendo
Estupidez

Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
I'd be fine with any of the 3 possible candidates you listed. More so Star Fox than anything. Another Kirby or Donkey Kong couldn't hurt either.

Or...maybe it's something no one is expecting, and it will blow our ****ing minds.
....Like....

.....Like....

Old 04-20-2011, 10:15 PM   #6
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 

Or the cancelled Raven Blade(probably unlikely)

I also hear that it might be Metroid again after the Mixed reception Other M got
Old 04-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #7
Nintenduendo
Estupidez

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megas75 View Post
I also hear that it might be Metroid again after the Mixed reception Other M got

With all the 'Metroid Dread' rumors, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Retro back at the helm of the Metroid series.

But that's the problem; for some, Retro = Metroid. It would be too obvious.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:23 PM   #8
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glastonbury View Post
With all the 'Metroid Dread' rumors, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Retro back at the helm of the Metroid series.

But that's the problem; for some, Retro = Metroid. It would be too obvious.
Wasn't that rumored to be 2D again?

Also I hope it's not F-Zero, I'm actually hoping to see Sega work on that series again
Old 04-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #9
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 

I don't trust Sega to pick up after themselves when they eat, much less take on F-Zero. That being said, if they do pick that up again, they better not screw it up.

Also, Glastonbury, that would actually make perfect sense. Each of the last 3 home consoles have had a SSB game on them relatively early in their lives...It isn't impossible.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:05 PM   #10
DragonLX
not a pokéfag
Points: 13,355, Level: 75 Points: 13,355, Level: 75 Points: 13,355, Level: 75

DragonLX is a name known to allDragonLX is a name known to allDragonLX is a name known to allDragonLX is a name known to allDragonLX is a name known to allDragonLX is a name known to all

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Signature of the Month Poster Review of the Month Member of the Month Yoshi Game Reviewer NFF Artist 
Total Awards: 9

Send a message via MSN to DragonLX
If anything, Star Fox and Super Smash Bros seem the best guesses.
Closed Thread