Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Other Reviews

Notices

Other Reviews Playstation, Xbox, PC, or any other console game Review. Also console reviews too

Comment

Review Tools
Mortal Kombat review (2011)
Prepare for Mortal Kombat!!!!
Published by Cloud7
04-21-2011
Author review
Graphics
90%90%90%
Storyline
50%50%50%
Controls/Gameplay
95%95%95%
Sound
80%80%80%
Average 79%

Welcome to Mortal Kombat.

Hello everyone this time on the reviewing platform it is the ever popular Mortal Kombat (2011) edition. And Before you start up with the whole "But Cloud there are so many Mortal Kombat games and half of them suck like hardcore", Keep your panties on til the end of the review then you can moan and groan about it all you like. Also this is my personal opinions on the game so if you got a problem The Complaint Department is there take a number and get in the line.

Ok so the story of Mortal Kombat is the same as it has been for 100 years, Earth realm has to compete in a competition called Mortal Kombat to save the fate of the earth from falling into the hands of Shao Khan, the Ruler of Outer Realm. His Kombatants have 9 out of the 10 wins needed to invade the Earth realm so basically the world is gonna be destroyed if the Earth fighters don't win this Kompetition. So yeah same story we've seen for the last 20 years roughly is still going at it. Yeah I am kinda sick of the whole story thing since it repeats and repeats over and over so it got a 5 out of 10 on my list.

What makes this game shine are the controls. They got a little bit more simplified from how hard they use to be to to control and get the fatalities now it is sort of easier movement wise and it has a free flowing combat system it kind of reminds me of Street Fighter IV but at a slower pace than Street Fighter games, I say that but I am going to contradict myself later in this part of the review heck it might even be in the next sentence. While on the subject of combat they added something new into the game called X-Ray attacks which you have to fill up your meter to full and then you can use the bottom 2 triggers on the Ps3 and watch the destruction of your opponent's insides organs and bones get completely screwed up in these sequences it is downright amazing and brutal. Now back to what I was saying about the speed of combat and here is where things get sort of wtf ish depending on which characters you pick to fight against or which character you choose to fight as depends on how fast paced the battles are going to be. For instance if you choose Sonja Blade she is a very fast fast paced fighter very lightweight and can snatch other players if they jump in the air and slam them into the ground and if you verse another female character for instance Katana you are in for one rough fight it is going to be an extremely fast paced, hardcore, wtf did I get myself into sort of fight. So yeah depending on the characters you select you are in for a heck of a fight for your life because one wrong move and you can be missing half your health bar in one fell swoop and if you get trapped in a corner you better know how to evade really really well or you can hang it up because you are toasted. I give the a 9.5 out of 10 for controls the only reason it didn't get a 10 is because the computer can be so freaking cheap when you set the difficulty up.

On the subject of Graphics now because everyone will want to hear about graphics because well everyone knows I am secret engineer of them so shhhh. Well the best place to start is the brutality because it's Mortal Kombat after all everyone always focuses on the blood and gore factor in these games. Well for started every hit and damage received shows with skin ripping and blood flying everywhere on the ground, on the walls, and on the opponent. One thing I wanna talk about is the X-ray attack because when you use the attacks and they connect it goes into the combo mode and during that mode it goes into an x-ray view and shows things breaking and shatter or even splattering it is absolutely amazing. Other than the main characters and brutality there is only one other thing to talk about graphics wise is the backgrounds they are diverse and just epic backgrounds and fighting areas. I give it a 9 out of 10.

Last but not least is the sound quality. First off there is not much to talk about in the way of sound so let's make this short sweet and to the point. This music is epic, the voices when you hear them sound great, and the noises in the battle areas sound pretty good. Basically it is the same Mortal Kombat that everyone knows about like Scorpion's Legendary "get over here!". Anyways sound gets an 8 out of 10.

So that wraps up my review on this game I hope you guys enjoyed it and I'll leave you with this to get your mouth watering.

~Cloud7
Published by
Silent Lurker
Cloud7 will become famous soon enoughCloud7 will become famous soon enough
Sponsored Links
By Nights on 04-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Awwww Man.....now I want that game even more now!!!!!X(
.......uuuuuuuuugggghhhhh!!!!!!!!
By SuperGamecube64 on 04-21-2011, 01:38 PM
It's a little short, but overall it isn't bad. You should work on comma usage, though.

Also, I was going to review this for RotM, you thieving bastard, lmao
By AlloftheAbove on 04-21-2011, 07:00 PM
A review loses much of its integrity when it spends time talking about how it is one person's opinion.
This review merely scratched the surface of what the game has to offer. (Or at least, it probably does. This game is banned in Australia)

For instance: "They are diverse and just epic backgrounds and fighting areas."
There is so much more you could say. Why are they epic? Were there any areas in particular that you enjoyed? What makes them better than before? Could they improve? Were you glad they did <this> instead of <that>?

I write this not to complain, but to help you in the right direction.
By SuperGamecube64 on 04-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Not to walk all over your review or anything, but since I was going to review it anyway, I could write a more in depth review to show you the points AotA is making.
Comment