Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > General Nintendo Section

Notices

General Nintendo Section All general Nintendo content here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 11:46 PM   #1
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,775, Level: 100 Points: 59,775, Level: 100 Points: 59,775, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
Favorite F-Zero Machines/Pilots (and your most hated)

Just as the title says, what are your favorite F-Zero machines? Who are your favorite pilots? They can be separate lists, as there are lots of good machines with boring pilots and vice versa. You can also state your most hated machines and pilots.

Favorite Machines:
Dark Shneider (GX). Notes: Seemingly the only machine I can defeat Master mode with in GX (if the Fat Shark's handling wasn't so God-awful). Handling is better than what is listed in its stats, and the good top speed is complemented by good boost. Tough body doesn't hurt either.

Sonic Phantom. Notes: Good handling and high boost. Top speed seems only average, and being a lightweight machine isn't good for tight courses with aggressive racers or courses with few or no straightways like stages with pipes or half-pipes. Also, its pilot, the Skull, is awesome as a bonus.

Red Gazelle. Notes: Good handling, good boost and moderate top speed. It is a lightweight however, and it does indeed feel uncomfortably light. It definately cannot take a beating, and on half pipe stages like the Lightning stage in the Emerald Cup in GX, it doesn't feel safe. It also seems to have problems gaining momentum, and once if finally does, it seems that momentum is easily broken with even the slightest turn.

Hyper Speeder. Notes: Good all around. The pilot that drives it, Beastman, is a bit of a dork but still cool.

King Meteor: Though I don't care for Super Arrow's new persona of a cheesy, cliched superhero (compared to his badass incarnation in F-Zero X), his machine is still one of the best in my opinion. Moderately heavy and good top speed and boost.

Fat Shark (GX/AX, unlockable by defeating Chapter 4 on Very Hard Mode): This machine is definately one of the best in the game. The body is almost as strong as the Black Bull, has a high top speed, and the boost is unrivaled. It's a total energy hog however. The real downfall to this machine is its absolutely horrid handling. Of course the AI Fat Shark is not hindered by the terrible handling, and that's why it's usually winning. The pilot who drives it, Don Genie, is awesome and is in competition with Dr. Eggman for being the fattest of the fat.

Favorite Pilots:

Deathborn: The new villain in GX. We discover that Black Shadow is merely this guy's puppet. He has the voice of Dr. Claw and the ability to teleport anywhere at anytime, as well as banish people into space to drift for all eternity (since apparently lack of oxygen and the immense pressure doesn't kill them).

The Skull: My favorite undead racer from the Underworld. Apparently, racing is so important it's worth interrupting your afterlife to be resurrected and continue doing it.

Mighty Gazelle: Nearly died and was brought back as a cyborg. His detailed story in the F-Zero wiki is rather sad, since apparently he once had a fiance who left him after running away in shock after seeing his new appearance in cyborg form following the Great Accident. When he wins a Grand Prix in F-Zero X, his victory picture shows him holding a picture of what he looked like as a normal human. If I had looked like that...I'd actually embrace my new robot look.

Michael Chain: He's cool despite having the cliched backstory of a typical gang member. His voice in GX is laughable though. Apparently, the Lakers are still around four centuries from now, as one of his alternate colors is a Lakers Jersey.

Don Genie: He's a fat mobster with a pimp cane and a monicle over his scarred eye. Mysterious indeed. He's so rich, Bill Gates is a panhandler compared to him. He makes more than 1,000,000,000 space credits in interest per second! And he has one of the coolest themes in the game.

Captain Falcon: Okay I know you saw this coming, but it's not really for the reasons you might think. Captain Falcon actually acts alot different in F-Zero than he does in Super Smash Bros. He's just as awesome, but in a different way. He's much more quiet and reserved here, and more realistic. He also fits the bill of mysterious crime fighter more in this game. Nowadays, it annoys me when Falcon fanboys' only reference to him is "FALCON PAWNCH! LOL!" because nobody really cares about him as a racer it seems. Compared to this incarnation of Captain Falcon, the Smash Bros one is a bit annoying, and I like this one better. But of course, I play him to represent the greatest racing franchise, F-Zero!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2011, 01:26 AM   #2
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 24,201, Level: 94 Points: 24,201, Level: 94 Points: 24,201, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Favorite racer/pilot: Captain Falcon+Blue Falcon for obvious reasons

EDIT: I think this should go to the character section
Old 05-03-2011, 01:52 AM   #3
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,775, Level: 100 Points: 59,775, Level: 100 Points: 59,775, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
Well it's also for machines. If only there was an F-Zero subsection...but I know the series isn't really big enough for that.

Captain Falcon and Blue Falcon only?

Old 05-03-2011, 02:24 AM   #4
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoy View Post
Well it's also for machines. If only there was an F-Zero subsection...but I know the series isn't really big enough for that.

Captain Falcon and Blue Falcon only?
Well an old forum I went to virtually had a section for every Nintendo franchise to make to smash bros(though it was centered around smash)

Also, I do like using other racers like Black Shadow and James McCloud, but, Captain Falcon is the character I do best with
Old 05-03-2011, 02:34 AM   #5
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

Mm, I'm not in love with the Black Bull's handling, though I do like Little Wyvern. It seems faster than the Blue Falcon, but lighter and easier to kill.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:02 AM   #6
xXMence and FlowXx
Shut up the ****!
Points: 1,191, Level: 18 Points: 1,191, Level: 18 Points: 1,191, Level: 18
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Bow and Arrow

My Mood: Horny
xXMence and FlowXx is just really nicexXMence and FlowXx is just really nicexXMence and FlowXx is just really nicexXMence and FlowXx is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

James McCloud (Forget the machines name.)
I hate The Mighty Gazzele.(Yeah I'm glaring at you Kid.) Also like The Skull.

Mence and Flow!!

Old 05-03-2011, 10:07 PM   #7
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXMence and FlowXx View Post
James McCloud (Forget the machines name.)
I hate The Mighty Gazzele.(Yeah I'm glaring at you Kid.) Also like The Skull.
McCloud's Machine is Little Wyvern. And why the Mighty Gazelle hate? Kid beat you in a race with him?

Old 05-04-2011, 01:10 AM   #8
xXMence and FlowXx
Shut up the ****!
Points: 1,191, Level: 18 Points: 1,191, Level: 18 Points: 1,191, Level: 18
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Bow and Arrow

My Mood: Horny
xXMence and FlowXx is just really nicexXMence and FlowXx is just really nicexXMence and FlowXx is just really nicexXMence and FlowXx is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

^Yes he did a lot, i got his number now but for some reason when he uses him its harder to beat him.

Mence and Flow!!

Old 05-12-2011, 01:59 AM   #9
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

I dunno why, but Kate Allen and Jack Levin always bugged the crap out of me, especially with their constant winning streaks
Old 05-15-2011, 11:33 PM   #10
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

It's because they're both divas.

I just unlocked Rainbow Phoenix, and honestly he's an even cooler version of Captain Falcon, and his machine rocks!

Closed Thread