Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Microsoft Xbox

Notices

Microsoft Xbox Post anything relating to Microsoft Xbox and Xbox One.

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 03:39 AM   #1
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Getting an Xbox 360. Suggest good xbox360 games?

Okay okay, so I'm going to be working over the summer and I'm considering buying an xbox360 because none of the wii titles are interesting me lately.

First, I'd like to know how much an xbox360 costs nowadays?
Second, I'd like to know what good xbox360 games are worth buying these days.

These are the two games I'm sure I'm getting. Don't judge me.

Sonic Generations.
Halo: Reach.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:41 AM   #2
Rin
Blade of Justice
Points: 39,512, Level: 100 Points: 39,512, Level: 100 Points: 39,512, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Send a message via Skype™ to Rin
Well, by the time you get one, more will be out, but here's what I can think of just this year.

Mortal Kombat
Portal 2
Brink*
LA Noire*
Duke Nukem Forever*
Borderlands
Red Dead Redemption
Half of the XBLA if you can do that
ME1 and 2
SSFIV
The Orange Box

That's just what I can come up with right now at 4 AM.

Do note though that some of these aren't out yet, but will be by mid-summer. The ones with asterisks aren't out yet
Old 05-04-2011, 04:01 AM   #3
lostleader
無くなったりだ
Points: 3,552, Level: 37 Points: 3,552, Level: 37 Points: 3,552, Level: 37
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet

My Mood: Spaced
lostleader is a jewel in the roughlostleader is a jewel in the roughlostleader is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Princess Award 

PSN ID: LOSTLEAD8R Xbox Live Gamertag: lostleader8
From most to least expensive

Get a PS3. Honestly with all the new things with the current hack and such, it should be going down in price and its overall a good system. That is, if you dont have it yet.

But if your stubborn and really do want to screw ourselves, here are some good games under 20 bucks.

Bayonetta (seriously GET IT)
Blazblue: Continuun Shift
Mirror's Edge
Konami Classics Vol. 1 (namely for Symphony of the Night)
Super Meat Boy (digital download at gamestop is at a permanent 10.00$)
Kameo: Elements of Power
Sega Super Star Tennis / Xbox Complation Disc (namely for Pac-man Championship Edition)
Old 05-04-2011, 06:16 AM   #4
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 23,392, Level: 94 Points: 23,392, Level: 94 Points: 23,392, Level: 94
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 37

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
Good for you, Bud. Be sure to add RaptorWaffles to your friends list.
Here are my recommendations, my strongest being in bold:

Dragon Age II
Portal 2
Halo Reach
Red Dead Redemption
GTA IV
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Fallout 3
Crysis 2
Fable 2 and 3
Oblivion
Batman Arkham Asylum
Trials HD
Borderlands

And there's a phenomenal amount of great games on the arcade.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
Skreamo
The Anthrax Envelope
Points: 9,691, Level: 66 Points: 9,691, Level: 66 Points: 9,691, Level: 66
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Links Shield
User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Super Leaf User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Bullet Bill

Skreamo has a spectacular aura aboutSkreamo has a spectacular aura about

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Monster Poster NFF 1st Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via MSN to Skreamo Xbox Live Gamertag: AfterHatred
Depends on what you like, really.

Here are some of the games I enjoyed playing. :3
-Dragon Age I & II
-Gears of War 1 & 2 (I liked 2 better) and Part 3 will be coming out later this year
-Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (XBL Arcade) <This game kicks major ass
-Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (XBL Arcade) <This one too, kicks major ass
-Castle Crashers (XBL Arcade) This game is a Comedic RPG game, it's fun and all, but it gets very boring after a few times of passing the game with different characters.
-Alan Wake
-Left 4 Dead 1 & 2
-Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (XBL Arcade)
-Fable II
-Madden 10
-Rock Band 2
-Borderlands
-Final Fantasy XIII
-BioShock
-Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (XBL Arcade)
-Marvel Vs Capcom 3
-Metal Slug 3 (XBL Arcade)

You probably won't like some of them, but again, it all depends on your taste in video games.

Thanks you for mah Rhydon Tag, Mr.DLX<3
Old 05-04-2011, 04:42 PM   #6
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 

Didn't expect that many replies. Thank you guise. Anyway, this is a pretty long post. You can skim to the bottom if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
Well, by the time you get one, more will be out, but here's what I can think of just this year.

Mortal Kombat
Portal 2
Brink*
LA Noire*
Duke Nukem Forever*
Borderlands
Red Dead Redemption
Half of the XBLA if you can do that
ME1 and 2
SSFIV
The Orange Box

That's just what I can come up with right now at 4 AM.

Do note though that some of these aren't out yet, but will be by mid-summer. The ones with asterisks aren't out yet
I watched an entire LP of portal 2. The game seems WAY too short. Even though the mechanics of the game are godly I favor longevity over one time fun. ON THE OTHER HAND, Red dead redemption looks amazing. I'll seriously consider buying it.
EDIT: Red dead redemption looks so badass. I'm definitely buying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostleader View Post
Get a PS3. Honestly with all the new things with the current hack and such, it should be going down in price and its overall a good system. That is, if you dont have it yet.

But if your stubborn and really do want to screw ourselves, here are some good games under 20 bucks.

Bayonetta (seriously GET IT)
Blazblue: Continuun Shift
Mirror's Edge
Konami Classics Vol. 1 (namely for Symphony of the Night)
Super Meat Boy (digital download at gamestop is at a permanent 10.00$)
Kameo: Elements of Power
Sega Super Star Tennis / Xbox Complation Disc (namely for Pac-man Championship Edition)
I'm not very tech savvy so I wouldn't know how to hack a PS3 anyway. And I'm too stubborn to learn how. Anyway, Bayonetta looks more like a button smashing game more than anything else, and super meat boy is too difficult. I'll check out the rest later, though. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlloftheAbove View Post
Good for you, Bud. Be sure to add RaptorWaffles to your friends list.
Here are my recommendations, my strongest being in bold:

Dragon Age II
Portal 2
Halo Reach
Red Dead Redemption
GTA IV
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Fallout 3
Crysis 2
Fable 2 and 3
Oblivion
Batman Arkham Asylum
Trials HD
Borderlands

And there's a phenomenal amount of great games on the arcade.
Does Portal 2 feature anything interesting other than the campaign?
And ohyes, oblivion is amazing. Is it multiplayer though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skreamo View Post
Depends on what you like, really.

Here are some of the games I enjoyed playing. :3
-Dragon Age I & II
-Gears of War 1 & 2 (I liked 2 better) and Part 3 will be coming out later this year
-Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (XBL Arcade) <This game kicks major ass
-Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (XBL Arcade) <This one too, kicks major ass
-Castle Crashers (XBL Arcade) This game is a Comedic RPG game, it's fun and all, but it gets very boring after a few times of passing the game with different characters.
-Alan Wake
-Left 4 Dead 1 & 2
-Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (XBL Arcade)
-Fable II
-Madden 10
-Rock Band 2
-Borderlands
-Final Fantasy XIII
-BioShock
-Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (XBL Arcade)
-Marvel Vs Capcom 3
-Metal Slug 3 (XBL Arcade)

You probably won't like some of them, but again, it all depends on your taste in video games.
My friend suggested me gears of war 3 and little me big world (Or something along the lines of that), I dislike the L4D and rock band series tbh. I'll check out the other ones, though. Thanks.

The reason I'm so focused on getting Halo reach particularly is because it reminds me of Metroid, which is why I'm also contemplating getting dead space 2. The multiplayer is a HUGE bonus too, since me and my sister usually like to stretch the fun of a game. It's the reason why I KNOW she'll love the forge world.

I should have been clearer before, but if you guise know any good multiplayer or shooter games that are kinda sorta like metroid and not kinda sorta like call of duty please post a few.

Last edited by Final Flourish; 05-04-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:52 PM   #7
Skreamo
The Anthrax Envelope
Points: 9,691, Level: 66 Points: 9,691, Level: 66 Points: 9,691, Level: 66
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Links Shield
User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Super Leaf User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Bullet Bill

Skreamo has a spectacular aura aboutSkreamo has a spectacular aura about

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Monster Poster NFF 1st Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via MSN to Skreamo Xbox Live Gamertag: AfterHatred
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Forum Bro View Post
Didn't expect that many replies. Thank you guise. Anyway, this is a pretty long post. You can skim to the bottom if you want.

I watched an entire LP of portal 2. The game seems WAY too short. Even though the mechanics of the game are godly I favor longevity over one time fun. ON THE OTHER HAND, Red dead redemption looks amazing. I'll seriously consider buying it.

I'm not very tech savvy so I wouldn't know how to hack a PS3 anyway. And I'm too stubborn to learn how. Anyway, Bayonetta looks more like a button smashing game more than anything else, and super meat boy is too difficult. I'll check out the rest later, though. Thanks.

Does Portal 2 feature anything interesting other than the campaign?
And ohyes, oblivion is amazing. Is it multiplayer though?

My friend suggested me gears of war 3 and little me big world (Or something along the lines of that), I dislike the L4D and rock band series tbh. I'll check out the other ones, though. Thanks.

The reason I'm so focused on getting Halo reach particularly is because it reminds me of Metroid, which is why I'm also contemplating getting dead space 2. The multiplayer is a HUGE bonus too, since me and my sister usually like to stretch the fun of a game. It's the reason why I KNOW she'll love the forge world.

I should have been clearer before, but if you guise know any good multiplayer or shooter games that are kinda sorta like metroid and not kinda sorta like call of duty please post a few.
Little Big World? I believe that's a Ps3-only game.
As for the Multiplayer game question, I wouldn't really know what to recommend, seeing as how the only Multiplayer shooter I like to play is Gears 2. Lots o' gore. Gore makes me happy.

Thanks you for mah Rhydon Tag, Mr.DLX<3
Old 05-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #8
Rin
Blade of Justice
Points: 39,512, Level: 100 Points: 39,512, Level: 100 Points: 39,512, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 

Send a message via Skype™ to Rin
LittleBigPlanet and its sequel are PS3 exclusive.

Also, Portal 2 has a Co-op campaign. Nothing competitive at the moment.

As for what you ask shooter-wise, I don't really know. I'm not high on FPS really, but I have listed the ones I liked/played.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:20 PM   #9
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 23,149, Level: 93 Points: 23,149, Level: 93 Points: 23,149, Level: 93
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 

uhhhh.....
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Battlefield 3
Tales of Vesparia
Eternal Sonata
Portal 2
Castlevania Lord of Shadows
Orange Box
Blue Dragon
Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Perfect Dark(XBLA)
Batman Arkham Asylum
Red Dead Redemption
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night(DL)
Marvel Vs Capcom 2(DL)
Mass Effect 1
Mass Effect 2
Halo 3
Halo Reach

Last edited by Megas75; 05-05-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:43 PM   #10
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,361, Level: 72 Points: 12,361, Level: 72 Points: 12,361, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Just kidding.

Some games I like include:
The Orange Box
Portal 2
BioShock (2) (Choose one or the other. Personally, I think the original is a little better)
Borderlands
Battlefield Bad Co. and Battlefield Bad Co. 2
Historical Call of Duty games (WWII-era and Black Ops)
Left 4 Dead (2) (Personally I didn't think 2 was much of an improvement, I would recommend one or the other.)
GTA IV
Mirror's Edge
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

The choice is up to you, but I think all of the ones I listed are solid choices.