Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Creative Corner > Stories and Creative Writing

Notices

Stories and Creative Writing Show off all your Creative Writing and Stories.

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 57,398, Level: 100 Points: 57,398, Level: 100 Points: 57,398, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
The Mighty Gazelle Saga: Chapter 1 *An F-Zero fanfic*

Hello everyone. This is an original F-Zero fanfiction about the Mighty Gazelle by me, GameBoy. For those unfamiliar with the games, the Mighty Gazelle debuted in F-Zero X. He is a cyborg (though he has no traces of human appearance left). Before he became an F-Zero racer, he was once a normal human. Then, tragedy struck during an F-Zero race where he was nearly killed in a horrific accident. The only way to save him was to bring him back as a cyborg, but in the process it left him as the shell of the man he once was. This fanfiction depicts more detailed info about him before the race, and then some other things about him after the X prix, and...it will continue to show what he doing in between races as a cyborg. Feel free to review. I'll probably do fanfics about other racers in the series to, I chose Gazelle because he's a cool character with an interesting backstory (or at least, what is given of his backstory, so I'm sort of doing this to fill in the blanks).

Chapter 1
Big Blue, year 2552
Steve Gazelle and his girlfriend Shannon were walking down the boardwalk. It was a beautiful night, and Gazelle had decided to take her out for a night on the coast of Big Blue. The stars shined brilliantly across the galaxy.
“Did you enjoy your night so far?” asked Gazelle.
“I sure did, Stevie,” replied Shannon. “Thank you.” She kissed him on the cheek. He grabbed her hand.
As Steve and Shannon walked up along the pier, they saw a TV monitor in one of the windows of the electronics store. It was an episode of F-Zero TV, and Mr. Zero was talking about the upcoming F-Zero X Grand Prix, and interviewing the previous contestants. He was now interviewing Captain Falcon, winner of the last Grand Prix.
“From the F-Zero GP venue, we’re broadcasting an interview with last year’s Grand Prix champion, Captain Falcon!” said Mr. Zero.
Falcon smiled. He was wearing his classic blue racing/bounty hunting suit and his famous red helmet with the Falcon crest on it. Many fans were curious to know what he looked like without his helmet, but he refused to show his face.
“So Captain,” said Mr. Zero, “do you feel confident in defending your title of champion in the upcoming X Grand prix?”
Falcon chuckled. “Well, I hear there are going to be many more competitors this year…but yes, I do believe I can pull it off again! I’ll do it for my fans!”
Falcon did his famous salute. “Well you just heard it ladies and gentlemen!” exclaimed Mr. Zero. “Captain Falcon is not worried at all about being the victor in this year’s Grand Prix! I hope the rest of you entering the competition this year are really training vigorously!”
The camera zoomed out as the interview was over. Steve Gazelle and Shannon continued their walk. Shannon was now uncomfortable. Whenever F-Zero was mentioned around Steve, she would see a look of burning passion in his eyes.
“Steve Gazelle, you’d better not be thinking what I think you are!” demanded Shannon.
“Huh?” said Gazelle. “What are you talking about, honey?”
“You know what the hell I’m talking about!” snapped Shannon. “You want to enter that God-forsaken F-Zero Grand Prix, don’t you?!”
Gazelle opened his mouth to deny it, but found that he simply could not. He just said nothing. “Shannon, it’s—“
“Steve!” she exclaimed, a look of worry on her face, “those races are dangerous! Pilots have died in the F-Zero! Are you seriously willing to risk your life on a stupid sport!”
“Hey!” snapped Gazelle, “you didn’t think it was so stupid when I got us tickets to go see the last Grand Prix!”
Watching the race is one thing, Stevie!” said Shannon. “Being a contestant in it is another!” She turned away from him. He heard her weep. He grabbed her by the shoulder and spun her around, looking hard into her deep blue eyes, which were prettier than the vast ocean of Big Blue. “Shannon, I won’t die on you!” he said.
“Promise me you won’t enter the F-Zero Grand Prix!” she said.
Gazelle hesitated. He had been waiting on this race. He wanted to take home the prize. He was tired of being a nobody. He wanted to be a somebody. Being in the F-Zero was the highest claim to fame in the galaxy.
“I promise, Shannon,” he finally said. Satisfied, she kissed him.

A couple days later, back in Steve and Shannon’s hometown of Mute City

Cyber Stick, Inc. was going to be Gazelle’s sponsor. Impressed with his natural piloting skill, the president of Cyber Stick, Inc, Mr. Fission, had enlisted Gazelle to be a racer for their company. Unbeknownst to Shannon, Gazelle had been training as an F-Zero pilot already by doing simulation programs, and even real races in the F-Zero Underground racing arenas. Steve managed to win many of these said Underground races, which got him the nickname “Mighty Gazelle” due to his mighty piloting skills on the track. They had already built a machine, which Gazelle himself had designed. It was called The Red Gazelle.
Steve picked up the phone and input the voice command to call Cyber Stick.
“Hello, may I speak to Mr. Fission?” he asked the receptionist. “Tell him it’s Gazelle.”
“Hey, Mighty Gazelle!” said Fission. “What’s up?”
“There’s no other way to say this really so I’ll cut to it. I’m making the decision to pull out of the F-Zero X Grand Prix.”
There was a long, awkward pause with Mr. Fission silenton the other end. It was as if he had just been informed that a close relative of his had died.
“Steve, what are you doing?” said Fission. “What possessed you to make this choice.”
“I made a promise to someone I love,” said Gazelle. “The race is simply too dangerous.”
“Since when has danger ever bothered you?” said Fission. His tone was not even anger, it was one of confusion, as if everything Gazelle was saying was completely illogical.
“Again, it’s because I made a promise to someone who means too much to me for me to risk losing my life over a race,” said Gazelle.
“Well I have to say, I cannot force you to enter this Grand Prix. What I can say, is that I guess you really aren’t very ‘Mighty’ after all if you’re pulling out simply because it’s too dangerous.”
“Well, pilots have died, sir. We cannot ignore that. I’ve seen many of the tracks. Sometimes, the guardrails aren’t enough. Some tracks don’t even have guardrails. I’ve seen some of the drivers as well. Many of them are complete maniacs, especially that one green alien.”
Fission sighed. “Ste—Mighty Gazelle, you cannot let others’ stupidity deter you. Those pilots that died, with all due respect to their memories, many of them were cocky and didn’t really take the safety rules of the sport seriously. As for the maniac drivers….well I’m sure they have penalties for such dangerous driving, now.” Gazelle rolled his eyes. “Before you really make this decision final,” said Fission, his tone a little more upbeat, “I’m about to send you something that may indeed change your mind. Some more detailed information about the race.”
Gazelle walked to the other side of his office to the Hologram receiver. The virtual fax materialized before him. He touched the button that said Open and some Grand Prix information appeared before him. What caught his eye as he scrolled over it was the prize money, which was a whopping one BILLION space credits for first place! His eyes grew to the size of watermelons as he practically ran back to the phone. “Fission! You still there?!”
“Yep,” said Fission. Gazelle could sense that Fission was grinning, now.
“On second thought, I just had a change of heart,” he snickered.
“I thought you might,” chuckled Fission. “Tell whoever you made that promise to that there’s quite a bit of wealth to be gained from this. Dangerous as it may be, you’ll forget all about the danger you encountered when you’re living it up on a condo on the beach of Big Blue!”
Gazelle did enjoy the recent vacation to Big Blue he took with Shannon. It would be really nice to live there. It was rather expensive to live there.
“So what I assume you want a cut?” said Gazelle.
Fission chuckled again. “Thanks for the offer but not necessary. We’re already making a fortune off you just in promotional merchandise. We have many benefactors placing bets on you and everything. If you actually win, it will be followed by many TV appearances—where they’ll be paying us to have you appear! If you win, we both win!”
Gazelle felt that familiar rush of excitement. Now he just had to think of how would tell Shannon…..

This is the end of chapter one. As a footnote, I just gave Steve as Gazelle's first name. It really doesn't state anywhere what his real name is, so I just use Steve Gazelle. Just clarifying in case Nintendo ever releases a new F-Zero with his real name.

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Steve Fox, Kazuya
Tekken 6 mains: Steve Fox, Jin, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim Kaphwan/Joe
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
NommyNommy
Banned

NommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to behold

boring
Old 05-15-2011, 12:34 AM   #3
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 57,398, Level: 100 Points: 57,398, Level: 100 Points: 57,398, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Well it's only chapter one.
So how would you make it better?

Old 05-15-2011, 12:48 AM   #4
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,427, Level: 100 Points: 58,427, Level: 100 Points: 58,427, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
I'm not a big f-zero guy, so I can't comment on the representation as such. As for your writing style, try making actions more fluid. The way it is now, it doesn't flow very well.

For example:
I sure did, Stevie,” replied Shannon. “Thank you.” She kissed him on the cheek. He grabbed her hand.

Can be made into

I sure did, Stevie,” replied Shannon, “Thank you.” She kissed him on the cheek just as he grabbed her hand.

See how much better it flows as opposed to listing the actions separately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 05-15-2011, 12:54 AM   #5
NommyNommy
Banned

NommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to behold

fanfics = boring

nothing you can do about it
Old 05-15-2011, 01:32 AM   #6
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by NommyNommy View Post
fanfics = boring

nothing you can do about it
Okay if that's your personal view then why did you read it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
I'm not a big f-zero guy, so I can't comment on the representation as such. As for your writing style, try making actions more fluid. The way it is now, it doesn't flow very well.

For example:
I sure did, Stevie,” replied Shannon. “Thank you.” She kissed him on the cheek. He grabbed her hand.

Can be made into

I sure did, Stevie,” replied Shannon, “Thank you.” She kissed him on the cheek just as he grabbed her hand.

See how much better it flows as opposed to listing the actions separately?
I see, thank you for the tip I will try to do that. Good advice.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:38 AM   #7
NommyNommy
Banned

i didnt read it
Closed Thread

Tags
f-zero, fanfiction