Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Games > Pokemon Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
Alpha Dialga
Points: 2,353, Level: 29 Points: 2,353, Level: 29 Points: 2,353, Level: 29
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Alpha Dialga has a spectacular aura aboutAlpha Dialga has a spectacular aura about

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

Question Looking back: 4th generation

The 4th generation brought us alot to the games and to me was my most favorite over the gens 1-3(I have played the games since yellow) First off, the pokemon did get some hate but others are well liked, The legendaries on this generation were at the most powerful and godlike especially Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus who is considered the God of Pokemon and creator of the Pokemon universe. Even the power of the 5th gen legendaries could not supress them. After all no pokemon can top god. Anyways the 4th gen gave us two Ranger games, two mystery dungeon games, and others. Pokemon Platinum to many pokemon fans was the best pokemon game to come out which is now supressed only by Black and White. We also got Wi Fi battles, GTS, Wi Fi Plaza, Battle fronteir on Platinum, and a key item that allows you to record battles. On Platinum you could watch battle videos of people all over the world. Also two of the characters of that gen have recently appeared on Black and White and will likely appear in future ones. Those characters are Cynthia and Looker

So what are your thoughts on the 4th gen?
What was your favorite Pokemon?
What was your favorite game and why?
Who were your favorite characters?

Please explain your reasons in at least three sentences okay? And please keep this thread civil and no bashing on other opinions and a gen. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
NommyNommy
Banned

NommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to behold

pretty sure gen4 only includes d/p/plt/hg/ss
Old 06-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,473, Level: 73 Points: 12,473, Level: 73 Points: 12,473, Level: 73

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
5th generation Pokemon make 4th generation Pokemon look like 1st generation Pokemon.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:04 PM   #4
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
So what are your thoughts on the 4th gen? - It just didn't feel right.
What was your favorite Pokemon? Luxray
What was your favorite game and why? Soul Silver, it brought back memories
Who were your favorite characters? Didn't care for any of them.

Also, I think you mean surpass, not suppress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 06-02-2011, 11:38 PM   #5
Alice
----
Points: 32,842, Level: 100 Points: 32,842, Level: 100 Points: 32,842, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 
Total Awards: 14

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 PSN ID: ArktikAlice Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
I refuse to waste my time by thinking about it.

Ninetails. Oh wait, do you mean from Generation 4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderRebelNews via Skype
There are too few hours in a day for things like 'eating'
Old 06-03-2011, 03:38 AM   #6
Kamitsure
Points: 177, Level: 3 Points: 177, Level: 3 Points: 177, Level: 3

Kamitsure will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Dialga View Post
Umm, I didn't like how it was a Garchomp spamfest in the begining, but other than that, it was pretty good. HG/SS gave you Johto pokemon and Platinum gave you 4th gen pokemon and the move tutors were great and weren't expensive at all (Shards!)

Quote:
I'm assuming you're talking about 4th gen. I have a lot, but I'm going to say Gallade.

Quote:
What was your favorite game and why?
I liked HG/SS because the storyline was much more expanded.

Quote:
Who were your favorite characters?
Silver, the rival from HG/SS and Riley.

Quote:
Please explain your reasons in at least three sentences okay?
**** no.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #7
DragonLX
not a pokéfag
Points: 13,355, Level: 75 Points: 13,355, Level: 75 Points: 13,355, Level: 75

DragonLX is a name known to allDragonLX is a name known to allDragonLX is a name known to allDragonLX is a name known to allDragonLX is a name known to allDragonLX is a name known to all

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Signature of the Month Poster Review of the Month Member of the Month Yoshi Game Reviewer NFF Artist 
Total Awards: 9

Send a message via MSN to DragonLX
So what are your thoughts on the 4th gen? Stealth rock yay
What was your favorite Pokemon? Honchkrow.
What was your favorite game and why? SoulSilver because it revived my pathetic childhood.
Who were your favorite characters? Falkner and Silver.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #8
Blitz
Just Chillin'
Points: 549, Level: 10 Points: 549, Level: 10 Points: 549, Level: 10
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Yoshi Egg User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Relaxed
Blitz is on a distinguished road

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 2

So what are your thoughts on the 4th gen? I honestly it was pretty decent, but HG/SS made it a lot better for me, due to the nostalgia it brought back about my years playing the original G/S games as a child.

What was your favorite Pokemon? Croagunk (mostly because of my undying love for frogs that I've had since my birth)

What was your favorite game and why? I'd have to say SoulSilver because I hardly ever bothered playing Gold back in the day, so Silver obviously held more memories for me due to playing that one more often. Not only did it bring back old memories, it also revived my somewhat troubled yet also extremely fun past/childhood. The expanded storyline also pretty much did it for me as well.

Who were your favorite characters? They were some actually pretty interesting characters from this Gen, as well as the ones from the 2nd Gen. My favorite characters were: Cynthia, Riley, Silver, Lance, Eusine, Kurt, Clair, Falkner, Whitney, Pryce, Bugsy, The Kimono Girls, and Jasmine to name a couple.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #9
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukario View Post
5th generation Pokemon make 4th generation Pokemon look like 1st generation Pokemon.
It took me a while to get that one, lol.

Anyway, the only good things 4th gen brought was, arguably, Stealth rock and Garchomp. I say arguably because I don't think anyone gives a sh*t for either of them.