Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Creative Corner > Stories and Creative Writing

Notices

Stories and Creative Writing Show off all your Creative Writing and Stories.

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
Professor Luigi
Professor
Points: 414, Level: 8 Points: 414, Level: 8 Points: 414, Level: 8

My Mood: Thinking
Professor Luigi will become famous soon enoughProfessor Luigi will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to Professor Luigi Send a message via MSN to Professor Luigi Send a message via Yahoo to Professor Luigi Send a message via Skype™ to Professor Luigi
The Adventures of Professor Luigi [Mystery/Adventure/Drama]

Before continuing, it should be noted that there are some violence/deaths. However, I don't use much offensive language nor suggestive content.

After reading a few Sherlock Holmes cases for my class, I've decided to follow a similar style. Each post will contain different adventures, rather than a continuation of one (although I know this would make things more difficult to see if this was updated). I do recommend reading the first of the collection for a sort of back-story for all the others, for it introduces the main characters and sort of adventures these are. These short stories might get lengthy, so only read if you're that interested.

Last Updated: Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 12:16 PM EST (-5 GMT)
I've started on the second part of the Adventure of the Lurid Star. A lot more is to be explained in this and the next part, so I don't expect it to be done very soon. Same as before, use of "big vocabulary" seems to decrease as the story progresses. I feel like I'm not explaining things in enough detail, but I guess I don't want to can't change anything now.

THE ADVENTURE OF THE LURID STAR [INCOMPLETE]
Spoiler
PART 1: The Introduction
Spoiler
THERE HAS NEVER been a day I have recalled better of my years of schooling than that Friday in which I became acquainted with Professor Luigi, had my life saved by him, and seen his utter brilliance all within those 24 hours. I cannot say it was a day I found at all pleasant, yet it was the one I was presented with opportunities of wealth and wisdom that were crucial to receiving the position I now retain. The very recent and mournful death of my friend, the professor, has made it ever-so-difficult to wish to remember our times. Therefore, I'll be writing our cases so that I will never need to remember from the top of my head in the future. There is no appropriate way to start better than the first case I've witnessed him solve -- the unfeigned truth as to the death of Chanterelle, the famous singer of Club 64.

It was my first day of college at the University of Goom, located in Rogueport, Mushroom Kingdom. It is, without even the slightest misgivings, the top university of the Kingdom. However, it could also be said that Rogueport is an unbearably disgusting and certainly unsafe town. It is therefore clear as to why all its students, including myself, are not residing in the town of Rogueport. Of course this makes it hassle to travel to and fro our respective abodes and Goom, but it's quite necessary for our peace-of-mind.

In any case, while reaching the town by boat and making my way to the destination, I was jostled by numerous Bandits, Goombas, and Bob-ombs. By the time I had reached Goom, I can say with absolute certainty that all 200 coins I originally had were reduced to a forth of that amount, evidently showing why all the students feel insecure about living here. The feat had caused me to feel exhausted even this early in the day, leaving me staggering to my first class: criminology with Professor Luigi.

Once I reached there, a lanky man who wore a distinct green hat, which seemed to try to hide the wearer's grey hair, and a green shirt under blue overalls was facing the chalkboard at the front. All the rest of the students, while sitting in the rows of desks, and I, while standing at the threshold, could do was stare at his backside wonder why he hasn't done anything.

"I'm waiting for all my students to be seated," he finally said allowed, most likely to me, for there's only one seat left in class and I was the only one still standing.

I hid my florid face as I bolted to the open desk and sat. Quickly glancing if people were smirking at me, I saw nothing but gazes of ennui.

As if to draw the students' attention away from me and my embarrassment, the man at front said in a louder tone while turning around, "Ignorantia juris non excusat." Wearing an amused grin and hearty little laugh, he walked up to my seat to provide a quite long and intimidating examination. Once he had returned to the front, he became very serious, an obvious contrast from the whimsical other side he had shown just seconds before. "The packet I had just handed out is a sort of assessment that decides who shall accompany me in my often investigations of criminal cases. Do as much as possible and as precise as possible. 30 minutes should be sufficient to see the results," he had said to commence the test.

This will prove to be easy enough, I thought in my head before beginning the exam. I have committed my life to criminology and studied everything about it. I am absolutely attached to solving crimes. I've also heard some positive information pertaining to the professor's intellectuality. He wraps up more cases than the police department here each year. I've even been told the police do, in fact, go to his astuteness to solve their conundrums. Well, I had better start on my test if I would want any chance of working alongside the man. With that, I had picked up my pen and wrote my name, prepared to overcome any question there. Glancing at the clock, I panicked at the sight of only having 6 minutes remaining, and I had barely started. Without thinking much at all, I quickly scribbled my random guesses onto the exam.

"Halt! This concludes your assessment! Once I have seen them all, it should not be difficult to have my choice," Professor Luigi said in the midst of his collecting and viewing of the tests. My inadequate use of time chagrined me completely. Although, I was still curious to know which one of us did get the opportunity. Once all our exams had been gathered in his hands, he spent just a few more minutes analyzing and grading them. Suspense was eating away at me, and at the moment before I was taken away by delirium, he rose up and began the fateful announcement.

Still as acute as before, he started to say, "The student who scored the highest grade with a perfect 100 is my son, Baby Luigi."

A bit embarrassed and upset by the old name, a student, with every feature mimicking the professor excluding grey hair, ejaculated, "Father, you will call me either Luigi Jr. or just Luigi, now that you're a professor. I'm too old for that childish name 'Baby Luigi.'" After regaining some composure, he said, "Well then, I suppose I'll be your partner in your investigations now. You know it's always been my dream."

Just as quick of a transition before, Professor Luigi returned to a more light and friendly side. He then responded back, "Not quite, Son. It was much too obvious that you would get the perfect score, considering your my son after all! In truth, I took the more unorthodox approach and decided for the student who scored the least to be my partner. Possibly as a way for them to learn more with actually 'field work' under my guidance, you see. The student who scored the lowest grade with a mind-blowing 0 is Baby Wario. He will be my partner during my cases."

It was a shocking, embarrassing, and exciting moment. Everyone was speechless, and Luigi Jr. appeared to have the sourest look. I admit, it's shocking how I made it into this class despite having a criminal for a father. In truth, I became cold towards him once I realized what he's doing was so heinous. I endeavored to change him, but it bore no fruit. I decided to somehow get him to see the truth once I graduate from law school.

It took me a second to calm myself, but I finally responded back, "O-Oh... Were you speaking to me, Professor? If it's not too much to ask, could you use Wario Jr.?"

I heard him make another chortle before saying, "Do you see any other young man with such a portly body, distinct facial hair, and strangely-colored nose? Yes, you. I apologize, but can't help but s****** at the great irony of how the son of a master thief wants to study criminology."

"Th-That appears to be a topic many people bring up about m-..." I had started to say before being cut off by the younger version of the professor.

"This is impossible! How could you just destroy my ambitions like that, Father?! The disgraceful aspect of this is that you chose that ugly son of a criminal!" Luigi Jr. had yelled to his father before immediately taking a sudden leave.

When I looked at the professor, he had a blank expression on his face. He seemed disappointed, but for what reason? After realizing all the students were staring at him, he suddenly changed expressions to a perky one, but it seemed a bit too forced. He finally spoke to us saying, "Well, that's enough drama for this class. I'm taking a break from all of it. You all can go do about your other classes and whatnot. Except for you, Wario Jr."

Everyone had swiftly cleared out until it was just me and the professor. The atmosphere was awkward, the previous thoughts of wanting to tell him I could do better faded, and I think we both felt sorry for Luigi Jr.'s pain. As if just wanting to remove the uncomfortable tension here, Professor Luigi finally said in his powerful and light voice, "Well then, Wario Jr., there's no time to waste. I receive numerous cases of various difficulty each month. I usually pick the one that seems most difficult out of the bunch, but for you to get familiar with my procedures, we'll progress to more formidable cases after each one we complete. This first one is the easiest, so I'll just briefly explain it."

"The victim is Chanterelle, former singer of the Club 64 in the Toad Town area. She was found murdered sometime in the evening two days ago in the now-abandoned Club 64. She had not died naturally by old age; however, no wounds were located on her. Enough poison was found in her system to kill all of the students in my class. The prime suspect is her husband, Simon, who is also known as Master Poet for obvious benefits in finances. That should be all you need to know at the present time. More information will come to light once you see for yourself the fateful scene.

Is that what he thinks of as easy?! I don't think I'll be able to handle "normal" cases, let alone his standard as "most difficult" cases, I thought with a worried and doubtful look. Then, the professor shifted his eyes seemingly to find something. It was as dead silent as prior to his briefing, and he looked much more focused.

Professor Luigi said something in a softer voice that I suppose people only mere feet away, such as me, could hear. "Did you not hear that? There's another person eavesdropping on us hidden behind a desk." It's still a mystery how he managed to hear something and assume there's someone watching us and I was completely oblivious to it, but he is the sharpest person I've known. He figured it didn't matter much in any case, so we started on our way to the investigation of my first case.

PART 2: The Investigation
Spoiler
The afternoon of my first day of college, and I'm already having compunctions for skipping my classes. Professor Luigi had taken the "leaving school early" subject much too lightly. He was even retelling his past accomplishments in such a hearty voice all the way to Toad Town. He wasn't much of a modest man and I can tell he embellished some aspects to the stories, but he's still a lovable man. The professor had subdued me into the whole investigation of the death of Chanterelle, but it's not like I didn't want this before. Reaching the port of Toad Town was nothing special. It was the very opposite story going into the abandoned Club 64.

"Professor, how do you expect me to concentrate in such a dank and filthy place? I can't even tell if the thing dropping down my leg is a drop of water or an insect," I had complained upon setting foot into the empty part-café and part-restaurant. The body is still where it was when the police found her, and everything is still intact since this is an on-going investigation. Nobody in the Toad Town Police Department was on the premises, since their investigation for the day ended earlier.

Professor Luigi turned to me, seeming more grave due to the dim lighting and somber atmosphere from the dead body being in the room. "Now, I want you to listen to me. In any crime scene, no matter how grotesque, the most critical thing to do is to keep focused and discover the truth. Pay deference to the deceased and bring justice to the guilty, no matter what the circumstances," he said to me, his eyes sincere and serious. He turned around to absorb all the information he can find at first glance, then to check all the suspicious areas thoroughly. I'll admit at that point I was still clueless, but it's easy to tell the professor has at least a very close theory to the truth, despite having a blank and constant face throughout all his walking around.

PART 3: The Deduction

Last edited by Professor Luigi; 06-16-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,427, Level: 100 Points: 58,427, Level: 100 Points: 58,427, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
You're not a bad writer from what I've seen, but it isn't much, so I can't offer you any advice. After I see more, I'll be able to make a better judgment, and I do want to see more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 06-10-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
NommyNommy
Banned

NommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to behold

another fanfiction

what has nff done to deserve this
(smirk)
Old 06-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #4
Mr. Hudson
The Floydian
Points: 12,921, Level: 74 Points: 12,921, Level: 74 Points: 12,921, Level: 74
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Black Mage

Mr. Hudson is just really niceMr. Hudson is just really niceMr. Hudson is just really niceMr. Hudson is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Xbox Live Gamertag: Mr Moonlightt
Quote:
Originally Posted by NommyNommy View Post
what has nff done to deserve this
(smirk)
Let you back in (smirk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Waters
You have to be trusted
By the people that you lied to
So that, when they turns their backs on you
You'll get the chance, to put the knife through
Old 06-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #5
NommyNommy
Banned

NommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to behold

(giggle)
Old 06-11-2011, 05:55 PM   #6
TheLoveB4U
The Topic Starter
Points: 2,737, Level: 31 Points: 2,737, Level: 31 Points: 2,737, Level: 31
User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Shuriken User owns 1x Excitebike Trophy User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Warpstar

My Mood: Lurking
TheLoveB4U has a spectacular aura aboutTheLoveB4U has a spectacular aura aboutTheLoveB4U has a spectacular aura about

Friend Codes
Send a message via AIM to TheLoveB4U Send a message via MSN to TheLoveB4U Send a message via Yahoo to TheLoveB4U Xbox Live Gamertag: Update later
you guys should really try to stay on topic.
Anyways, I find your story very interesting, keep up the good work.

Hello Guest, Want to comment on this thread? register here!

Love is my armor, and that is my truth!
Old 06-12-2011, 12:54 AM   #7
Professor Luigi
Professor
Points: 414, Level: 8 Points: 414, Level: 8 Points: 414, Level: 8

My Mood: Thinking
Professor Luigi will become famous soon enoughProfessor Luigi will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to Professor Luigi Send a message via MSN to Professor Luigi Send a message via Yahoo to Professor Luigi Send a message via Skype™ to Professor Luigi
As I've seen in other threads here, I can see you guys won't take anything but near-perfect stories, especially fan-fictions. I'm not too confident on my writing abilities, so I welcome criticism, despite how harsh it is. I'm hoping to improve and make even better stories.

For this one, I can see possible flaws and critiques that will come even now. The story is really, really long, I know. Getting a lot of information in a short length was never my specialty. The characters don't even act how they should in the video games, so it's not much of a fan-fiction if I just twist their personalities like that, I guess. There are going to be some errors here and there because I never liked proof-reading my works myself. I already know how they go, so I just skim over the whole thing, ruining the point of it. Maybe it can be too obvious I'm trying too hard to use words not in my regular vocabulary.

I would rewrite my story to fix these, but I don't know if they're real problems others will complain about or how to include all the same information in a shorter way.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:03 AM   #8
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,427, Level: 100 Points: 58,427, Level: 100 Points: 58,427, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
No one here demands perfection. Alpha Dialga and Alexthegamer1000 just happen to submit a lot of horrible writing and expect us(me) to tell them it's amazing. There is no such thing as perfect writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 06-12-2011, 02:18 AM   #9
NommyNommy
Banned

lol'd @ horrible

but yeah, I like this story better already than all the others so far
Closed Thread