Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Nintendo DS Reviews

Notices

Nintendo DS Reviews Section for all Nintendo DS and DSI Reviews

Comment

Review Tools
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Published by Alpha Dialga
06-10-2011
Author review
GraphicsN/A
StorylineN/A
Controls/GameplayN/A
SoundN/A
Average N/A%

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky was the third version of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2. This game is one of my most favorite pokemon games along with Platinum, Emerald, and Black. The storyline is the same but there are many things that are on this game that are not on the previous games.

First there is the addition of lookalike items that you may find in a dungwon. For example, An Oren berry is a lookalike item to the Oran berry which causes damage instead of healling you. This can be a strategy in itself since you could throw it at an enemy pokemon. There are other items like this that have negative effects.

Also there is the Spinda's Cafe which is also a new addition to the game. Here, you can recycle and trade items for prizes. This is helpful when you have a limited storage and running out of space. I have used this alot in my playthroughs of the game. Depending on the number of recycles, you can unlock more dungeons. You can also make drinks there as well. You can have Spinda make drinks from the food items you have. There are some items if made into a drink, it will have a bonus effect. For example, A gummi made into a drink will not only boost IQ but also boost your stats. Sometimes when you make a drink, a pokemon would give you an egg. You can also accept jobs there as well.

Another thing added to the game are special episodes, which are my favorite as they give some backstory on a few characters like bidoof, wigglytuff, sunflora, and team charm. There are five special episodes you can unlock over the course of the game.

Last but not leas, their is the addition of the Sky Jukebox which is like the sound test in the Super Smash Bros. series except you cannot listen to sound effects. You can listen to all the music that is in the game. Also I forgot to mention that they put pictures at the beginning of each chapter as well. Shaymin is alos recruitable in this game as well.

In my opinion, this is a great improvement over Time and Darkness. I enjoyed this game alot. I am currently at my second playthrough of the game. Also you can play as shinx, vulpix, riolu, phanphy, or skitty as your starter.
Published by
Alpha Dialga has a spectacular aura aboutAlpha Dialga has a spectacular aura about
Sponsored Links
By =^.^= on 06-11-2011, 05:13 AM
bad review is bad.
what is the game even about? wtf is team charm?
By SuperGamecube64 on 06-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Well, ya did better than Alex, if that says anything....

Too short, not informative at all, no pictures(and therefore no examples of anything). You didn't even mention the storyline, graphics or controls, and you just barely touched gameplay.
By AlloftheAbove on 06-11-2011, 08:22 PM
On top of what SGC64 said, you decide to randomly add facts wherever you can, without explaining how that adds to the game's value. Does the 'lookalike berries' aspect add more strategy to the game or is it just a tacky attempt at better RPGing?

And look at the final sentence. Your very last sentence is telling us what the game starts with.
Is that really the best way to end a review? No.
By Nintenduendo on 06-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Yeah, this was just an all-around bad review, for many of the reasons stated above.

As a person who is semi-interested in Pokemon, but doesn't know too much about the Pokemon universe, I was interested in this game. Does this require explicit knowledge of the other Pokemon games beforehand? Do I need to play any of the other PMD games in order to fully appreciate this one? You failed to mention it, and therefore did not sell me on the ideas this game presents.
By SuperGamecube64 on 06-11-2011, 11:25 PM
See, this "review" would be fine if it was just a regular post in response to someone's questions, but it's not. a review takes time, knowledge, effort, research, and skill. its far different from a random post.
By =^.^= on 06-12-2011, 05:03 AM
yeah. it's just not a good review. sorry.
if someone were to post a thread that just had people's opinions on this game, it'd work fine, but this is meant to be a whole review. i shouldn't have to play the other games just to figure out what you're talking about.
"The storyline is the same but there are many things that are on this game that are not on the previous games." So... like EVERY SINGLE POKEMON GAME EVER (except snap)
Comment