Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment > Music Reviews

Notices

Music Reviews Post your Music reviews here.

Closed Review

Review Tools
Glee: The Music, Volume 2
Glee Cast
Published by Rai17
06-16-2011
Author review
Rate the MusicN/A
Average N/A%

Vocals (cast)
Dianna Agron
Chris Colfer
Kevin McHale
Lea Michele
Cory Monteith
Matthew Morrison
Amber Riley
Mark Salling
Jenna Ushkowitz
Jayma Mays
Compared to the first Album, this one's..okay to say the least.

Track number/Song/Original Artist
1."Proud Mary"
Creedence Clearwater Revival
2."Endless Love"
Diana Ross and Lionel Ritchie
3."I'll Stand By You" The Pretenders
4."Don't Stand So Close To Me / Young Girl" The Police / Gary Puckett & The Union Gap
5."Crush" Jennifer Paige
6."(You're) Having My Baby" Paul Anka and Odia Coates
7."Lean On Me"
Bill Withers
8."Don't Make Me Over" Dionne Warwick
9."Imagine" John Lennon
10."True Colors" Cyndi Lauper
11."Jump"
Van Halen
12."Smile" Lily Allen
13."Smile" Charlie Chaplin
14."And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going"
Jennifer Holiday in the musical Dreamgirls
15."Don't Rain On My Parade"
Barbra Streisand in the musical Funny Girl
16."You Can't Always Get What You Want" The Rolling Stones
17."My Life Would Suck Without You"
Kelly Clarkson

Track Reviews:

"Proud Mary"
(In The Show....) This song is dedicated to Artie, because no one really knew how it felt to be him, confined in a wheelchair. (In the CD) Very hard song to sing if you bought the karaoke video game of Glee like yours truly :3 But anyways, it's a very interesting song to listen to, and fun!
"Endless Love"
(In The Show....) In the episode "Ballad", Rachel Berry and Mr. Schuester decide to show the club how a ballad is sung. In the process, Rachel develops a crush for her own teacher o.e (In the CD) It's an awesome duet! What else can be said? The vocals really compliment eachother!

"Iíll Stand By You"
(In The Show....) Kurt encourages Finn to imagine himself singing this ballad to his unborn child to show how much he loves her. (In the CD) Itís an exceptional power-ballad in my opinion. The vocal range is normal throughout the whole song.

"Donít Stand So Close To Me / Young Girl"
(In The Show....) Rachel develops a crush on Mr, Schue. He sings this mash-up in order to show that these feelings canít be given back. (In the CD) This song is such a wonderful mash-up!!

"Crush"
(In The Show....) Rachel sings this to Mr. Schue in his car to show HER feelings. Itís kinda creepy.(In the CD) Not one of Lea Michelleís greatest to be honest.

"(Youíre) Having My Baby"
(In The Show) Finn sings this ballad to Quinn to show his passion towards her carrying Ďhisí child, only to anger her father and get her kicked out. (In the CD) Not a favorite of mine. Vocally itís okay, but the song canít be related to in an infinite number of ways.

"Lean On Me"
(In The Show) The whold club sings this to Finn and Quinn to show how they support them in every way. (In The CD) Fun song to sing. It can always lift your spirit.

"Donít Make Me Over"
(In The Show) Sung in the background when Rachel looks for a new look. (In The CD) It reminds me of a beauty shop thanks to the show. Overall itís really good sung by Amber Riley.

"Imagine"
(In The Show) A school for the deaf, the sectionals competition, sings this for New Directions, and they end up singing with them :3 (In The CD) Itís so fuzzy to listen to! :3

"True Colors"
(In The Show....) After so many hard feelings encountered, Tina is chosen to sing this when everyone is directed to perform this as a stool-choir. (In the CD) Jennaís voice is a different approach than Cyndi Lauperís, which gives this song a soothing feeling.

"Jump"
(In The Show....) The New Directions performs this for a matress commercial!(In the CD) THIS SONG IS AWESOME! Itís fun to watch, listen to, and sing along with. Itís MUCH different than Van Halenís.

"Smile (Lily Allen)"
(In The Show....) Rachel seduces Finn into trying to co=captain the club in the yearbook photo everyoneís afraid to appear in. (In the CD) Itís a cleaner version than Allenís, but itís still great! =3

"Smile (Charlie Chaplin)"
(In The ShowÖ) The club is forced to take a yearbook photo without Schuester because he was disqualified off of the competition
L (In The CD) Itís such a melancholic song, just like Charlie Chaplinís, only Lea Michelle sings it.

"And I Am Telling You Iím Not Going"
(In The Show....) Fed up with Racherl hogging the limelight, Mercedes challenges her for the ballad spot in sectionals with this number. IT. IS AMAZING. She gets it as well :3 (In the CD) AMBER RILEY BLOWS YOU AWAY!!!

"Donít Rain on My Parade"
(In The Show....) New Directions was screwed. Their set list was leaked, so they had to start from scratch. Rachel ends up singing this solo, and itís amazing! (In the CD) A refreshing look at this ďFunny GirlĒ number. Lea Michelleís vocal are at their best in this solo, and you canít help but smile in the final verse.
J
"You Canít Always Get What You Want"
(In The Show....) The final sectionals song! (In The CD) Not one of my favorites, but I like it. Itís a nice choir number.

"My Life Would Suck Without You"
(In The Show....) After winning sectionals, the club sings this for Mr, Schuester, and end season 1, part one! (In the CD) Itís a fun song, and itís not bad at all either

As mentioned in Vol. 1, I STRONGLY advise you watch the show before you try this album, so that if you like the show, youíll love the music
J

~Volume 3: Showstoppers coming soon!
Sponsored Links
Closed Review