Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Classic Nintendo Reviews

Notices

Classic Nintendo Reviews Section for all Retro Nintendo Games for NES, SNES, Gamecube, Nintendo 64, Gameboy

Comment

Review Tools
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium
Think you have what it takes to not only catch them all, but to battle them as well?
Published by Rai17
06-19-2011
Author review
Graphics
85%85%85%
Storyline
50%50%50%
Controls/Gameplay
80%80%80%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 79%
Pokemon Stadium

Gameplay

You can import your Gameboy Pokemon onto the game!

This is what made the game sooo unique. Why rent an Articuno when you can import the one you raised yourself? :3

I wanted an Articuno pic but couldn't find one :C
RATING: 8.0
Gym Leader Castle
THIS PART WAS SO COOL! It had an eerie sense, my favorite feeling in a game. It's just like the Gameboy story mode, where you have to battle trainers before you battle the Leader, minus all the walking. The *SPOILER* Elite Four makes for an awesome twist of events :3

I LOVE THIS!
RATING: 9.5
Stadium
The Main Course for the game. You basically battle your way to the top with certain restrictions. I suppose I like most of the Cups, except the Petit Cup. You battle with baby Pokemon, so they can get kind of repetitive...
There's also an option to train with the Cup settings before giving it a go. I suggest you do so :3
Kids Club
Do you have pesky relatives that always wanna play what you're playing? We all do. Just choose "Kids Club" from the main menu to have them play a set of Mini Games :3 The games get kinda stale though.

rating: 7.0
Secrets
Lots of 'em. I'd rather not say...Well, other than that the name of your Pokemon can help give it a 'skin tone'
You can also unlock Mew for Rental. And Mewtwo ><
The secrets are very hard to unlock though :S
RATING: 8.5
Graphics & Sound
THESE. ARE. AMAZING. I'm sorry, but for a 64 game, they gave these pokemon REALISTIC animal sounds! It's what made me fall in love with Articuno!
RATING: 10

Overall: 8.6

Overall, it's an awesome game. It could've been better, but I'm not complaining. If you feel like you wanna add something, please let me know :3
Published by
Actor
Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Rai17
Sponsored Links
By Tanis on 06-20-2011, 05:37 AM
I miss this game. That Clefairy pic brought back bad memories of my bro beating me in the minigames. XD
By Final Flourish on 06-20-2011, 07:15 AM
This game was amazing.
Period.
By SuperGamecube64 on 06-20-2011, 08:02 PM
Bad review of a great game. All of this could have been said in an informal forum response.
By Rai17 on 06-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
85%85%85%
Storyline
50%50%50%
Controls/Gameplay
80%80%80%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 79%
I'm not the best reviewer? Tell me what coulda been better to improve next time. If you want there to be a next time.
By SuperGamecube64 on 06-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai17 View Post
I'm not the best reviewer? Tell me what coulda been better to improve next time. If you want there to be a next time.
read other reviews by people who have good feedback on their reviews. For starters, it's just way to short. As I said, all of this could have been said in an informal forum post.Also, do you have it set to align right? that looks a bit sloppy.
By Rai17 on 06-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
85%85%85%
Storyline
50%50%50%
Controls/Gameplay
80%80%80%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 79%
Well I tried my best.
By SuperGamecube64 on 06-21-2011, 02:45 PM
That's Ok. Writing reviews IS talent, and one that must be usually be developed. Just to show you what I mean, though, I'm going to break down your review into a simple post:

You can import your Gameboy Pokemon onto the game! This is what made the game sooo unique. Why rent an Articuno when you can import the one you raised yourself? :3 I wanted an Articuno pic but couldn't find one :C GYM LEADER CASTLE WAS SO COOL! It had an eerie sense, my favorite feeling in a game. It's just like the Gameboy story mode, where you have to battle trainers before you battle the Leader, minus all the walking. The *SPOILER* Elite Four makes for an awesome twist of events :3 I LOVE THIS! Stadium is the Main Course for the game. You basically battle your way to the top with certain restrictions. I suppose I like most of the Cups, except the Petit Cup. You battle with baby Pokemon, so they can get kind of repetitive...There's also an option to train with the Cup settings before giving it a go. I suggest you do so :3 Do you have pesky relatives that always wanna play what you're playing? We all do. Just choose "Kids Club" from the main menu to have them play a set of Mini Games :3 The games get kinda stale though. Lots of 'secrets. I'd rather not say...Well, other than that the name of your Pokemon can help give it a 'skin tone' You can also unlock Mew for Rental. And Mewtwo ><The secrets are very hard to unlock though :S GRAPHICS AND SOUND. ARE. AMAZING. I'm sorry, but for a 64 game, they gave these pokemon REALISTIC animal sounds! It's what made me fall in love with Articuno! Overall, it's an awesome game. It could've been better, but I'm not complaining. If you feel like you wanna add something, please let me know :3

See what I mean? It's not so much a critical review as is is an overview.
Last edited by SuperGamecube64; 06-21-2011 at 08:20 PM..
By Nintenduendo on 06-21-2011, 07:24 PM
I agree with SuperBro64, this was a pretty weak review.

But the fact that you're willing to take constructive criticism and learn from your mistakes shows that you have the potential to be a great reviewer.
By Rai17 on 06-22-2011, 02:54 AM
Member reviews
Graphics
85%85%85%
Storyline
50%50%50%
Controls/Gameplay
80%80%80%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 79%
It takes practice to take criticism well =3

I admit I was kinda stumpted on how to make this review...well, better.
I've been playing this game for years. I just didn't know how to put it to words.
Comment

Tags
n64, nintento 64, pokemon, pokemon stadium, stadium