Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Wii

Notices

Nintendo Wii Nintendo Wii section. Post anything Nintendo Wii related here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
mugugipan
Points: 306, Level: 6 Points: 306, Level: 6 Points: 306, Level: 6

mugugipan is an unknown quantity at this point

Wii shooters should take from Metroid Prime 1 and not 3

So here is the control scheme for metroid prime one

stick:
up / down - move forward / backward
left / right - turn left / right
in between - combination (how much you turn and move pend on the degree)

and then you when you use auto aim, left / right allows you to walk around enemy.

this is a great scheme primarily because of the stick. Most people that play fps games tend to get stuck on walls or have trouble moving from place to place. The control scheme for Metroid Prime 1 was so intuitive. There is no real taught involved in using it.

My recommendation would be to use the stick scheme but instead of the left button being used for automated aim, it should allow the use of the Wii Remote's motion capabilities, and left / right should become strafe left / right when used. The thumb pad should also be used for aiming when the left button is pressed, and should over-ride the motion controls of the Wii Remote.

You can partially see this in Metroid Prime 1 when you use the automated aim (push the left button) when there is nothing to aim at. The aim becomes locked and the left / right on the stick becomes strafe left / right. You can also use manual aim (with right button) before locking it with the left button. The screen should move as you aim as well, like traditional shooters (I also own a Xbox 360). You will see how cool and natural it feels. The whole thing, I mean, not just the last part.

I really don't like the dead zone aiming crap of Metroid Prime 3. It feels awkward. Luckily the stick and thumb pad of my control scheme takes away the need for that. I think they really need to look at Metroid Prime 1 (for Gamecube) and redo it. Not that there going to make another Metroid Prime, but it would be cool with other shooters, like if Nintendo ever decided to make a shooter with Star Fox, which I think kind of fits in the Star Fox universe.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,729, Level: 100 Points: 58,729, Level: 100 Points: 58,729, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Actually Metroid Prime is a pretty bad series for an FPS developer to look at, as Metroid Prime is really more about exploring and platforming than combat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 07-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #3
mugugipan

Sm Luigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
Actually Metroid Prime is a pretty bad series for an FPS developer to look at, as Metroid Prime is really more about exploring and platforming than combat.
I know what you mean, but I am really just talking about the control scheme. See, before Metroid Prime 1, I never played a game in the first person perspective, like ever. After that I got a 360 (and Wii after that) and tried playing several shooters. It was really difficult. I had to baby my way in with Ghost Recon: Advanced War Fighter, a third person shooter. That gave me a good start, than I had played Halo, and that was when I got used to it. Before Ghost Recon, though, I tried a bunch of other fps games like Perfect Dark Zero and totally failed at it. I would get stuck on walls and stuff like that. I also tried Quake and sucked at that too. I remember sitting one day thinking, man, Metroid Prime was great. Why was the game so easy (to move in)?!! I actually had to go back and find out what the control scheme was, because I guess I never taught about it while playing the game.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #4
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

I don't get it.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:01 PM   #5
mugugipan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Forum Bro View Post
I don't get it.
what?
Old 07-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #6
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugugipan View Post
I think they really need to look at Metroid Prime 1 (for Gamecube) and redo it.

They already remade metroid prime 1.
Why would they re-remake it?
Old 07-01-2011, 11:52 PM   #7
xXDaKidXx
Nintendo News Man!
Points: 3,453, Level: 36 Points: 3,453, Level: 36 Points: 3,453, Level: 36
User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Super Leaf

My Mood: Gaming
xXDaKidXx has a spectacular aura aboutxXDaKidXx has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 

Send a message via AIM to xXDaKidXx
inb4metroidprimehunterswasaboutcombatthananyotheri ntheprimeseriesandneedstoberemade.

Cool Sig huh^^?

DaKidWiiTrailers - My Awesome Youtube
^Click that for Updates, Trailers, and more!
3DS FC:
5455 - 9667 - 3429
Old 07-02-2011, 12:03 AM   #8
Final Flourish
Light Grenade

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diniro331 View Post
inb4metroidprimehunterswasaboutcombatthananyotheri ntheprimeseriesandneedstoberemade.
holy crap my eyes aaaaaaahhh
Old 07-02-2011, 12:40 AM   #9
mugugipan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Forum Bro View Post
They already remade metroid prime 1.
Why would they re-remake it?
I meant the people that made fps games using Metroid Prime 3's control scheme should take a look at Metroid Prime 1.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:39 AM   #10
NommyNommy
Banned

NommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diniro331 View Post
inb45aninaimetriodporimeinianinanaiaininlolyoudumb brominainsdinfaniwneunn
Closed Thread