Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Post away about anything in general just remember no content that would fit in other sections.

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
Superness26
Dude!
Points: 707, Level: 14 Points: 707, Level: 14 Points: 707, Level: 14
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: Woot
Superness26 will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

Xbox Live Gamertag: superness26
Lightbulb Google+

So has anyone tried out Google Plus yet? What are your opinions on it? Do you think it will soon become competition for Facebook and maybe even surpass it? It just started and is still in the Beta, so if you want an invite, give me your email and I'll send you one.

Thank you Noir for the sig

Thanks for the sig SirManguyDude
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
Tanis
Ordinary
Points: 5,540, Level: 47 Points: 5,540, Level: 47 Points: 5,540, Level: 47
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama
I haven't tried it out yet, but I hear it's nice. I doubt it'll outdo Facebook and Myspace (lol) though. At least for now. Eventually it could potentially pose a threat.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
Gareth

Never, mom and pop are on facebook. Its what there used too and it works fine for every need. Unless it crashed and burned i couldn't see the average parents jumping onto the new site. I'm sure us kids might jump on because its new and improved but eh... GL

Old 07-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,277, Level: 100 Points: 39,277, Level: 100 Points: 39,277, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Anyone assuming it is built to be direct competition to Facebook(as in, do what FB does, but better), aren't really correct with that. G+ and FB do very different things in terms of social and network communications. Even the things they do similarly are executed differently.

Also, this is Google we're talking about. Kings of advertisement and progression. If anyone can concoct a true challenge to FB, it would be them.

I've been using it for the last 48 hours. I enjoy the simplicity and privacy options and abilities it holds. It is VERY raw functionality wise, and one can't assume that this is the final product. Knowing Google, this will either fall to the wayside or get updated constantly, and if the report of almost 4 million registered users is right, then it isn't off to a bad pre-start(only way in is invite only right now, same way it was with FB and GMail to start with).

The potential is there for greatness. They just need to emphasize what G+ does differently from FB and push on that.

Also, since I'm in it, I can invite people too if anyone wants in.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:26 PM   #5
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Heard of this.
Too lazy to read and comprehend though lol.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #6
NommyNommy
Banned

NommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
Anyone assuming it is built to be direct competition to Facebook(as in, do what FB does, but better), aren't really correct with that. G+ and FB do very different things in terms of social and network communications. Even the things they do similarly are executed differently.

Also, this is Google we're talking about. Kings of advertisement and progression. If anyone can concoct a true challenge to FB, it would be them.

I've been using it for the last 48 hours. I enjoy the simplicity and privacy options and abilities it holds. It is VERY raw functionality wise, and one can't assume that this is the final product. Knowing Google, this will either fall to the wayside or get updated constantly, and if the report of almost 4 million registered users is right, then it isn't off to a bad pre-start(only way in is invite only right now, same way it was with FB and GMail to start with).

The potential is there for greatness. They just need to emphasize what G+ does differently from FB and push on that.

Also, since I'm in it, I can invite people too if anyone wants in.
I'll try it
Old 07-27-2011, 12:35 AM   #7
Vexenon
Points: 484, Level: 9 Points: 484, Level: 9 Points: 484, Level: 9

My Mood: Tired
Vexenon has a spectacular aura aboutVexenon has a spectacular aura about

I think a lot of people are perceiving Google+ to be a Facebook competitor – I think the two will coexist, not compete. If anything, Google+ is going to give Twitter a run for its non-existent money, mainly because it’s a networking tool that can be used to hold longer conversations and is great if you’re looking to get a serious opinion on something; it offers all of the things Twitter does while incorporating the idea of actually sharing long, important things with select groups of people like Facebook does.

The one thing Google+ has that Facebook doesn’t is advanced and simplistic sharing – I’d much rather be able to share with both real-life and online friends/acquaintances than have accounts on multiple social networks that do only one of these things. I think Google+ is about controlled sharing and is designed more-so for nerds and power users, not grandma and grandpa or people looking to interact socially through games and other apps. Google+ is going to be a powerful networking tool for geeks and individuals, but it’s not going to be competing with Facebook; the two aren’t going to be used for the same purposes, and I think people need to realize that.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:07 AM   #8
Wiidude
One Cool Dude
Points: 10,401, Level: 67 Points: 10,401, Level: 67 Points: 10,401, Level: 67
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel

My Mood: Cool
Wiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty 
Total Awards: 2

oh gawdz no not another facebook clone. They are nothing more then data mining social websites for the gubberment.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #9
General Guy
Aristocrat
Points: 1,346, Level: 20 Points: 1,346, Level: 20 Points: 1,346, Level: 20
User owns 1x Golden Mushroom

General Guy is just really niceGeneral Guy is just really niceGeneral Guy is just really niceGeneral Guy is just really nice

Friend Codes
Send a message via AIM to General Guy Send a message via MSN to General Guy Send a message via Skype™ to General Guy
As much as I don't like all the asshattery that goes on in Facebook it's what I've grown accustom to, so it's what I'm sticking with.

MOE DOESN'T EXIST IN 3 DIMENSIONS
Old 07-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #10
AquaKoiFish
Points: 256, Level: 5 Points: 256, Level: 5 Points: 256, Level: 5

My Mood: Amused
AquaKoiFish will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Skype™ to AquaKoiFish
It seems interesting but I'm just gonna wait till its out of beta to try it.

Tags
facebook, googe, network, social