Lucario  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment

Notices

Media Entertainment Discuss Movies, Music, TV, Books, Comics and anything related to Media Entertainment.

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
Alice
Princess of NFF~
Points: 32,399, Level: 100 Points: 32,399, Level: 100 Points: 32,399, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 
Total Awards: 14

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
Traditional techno over dubstep

Techno has gone through many variants over the years, and when it was in its prime, we were getting fast pased, hardcore, ludicrous songs that just had to be danced to. These dances were usually in the form of spastic movements and thrashing, happy-hardcore.
Nowadays, traditional techno is widdling away, and being taken over by dubstep. Don't get me wrong, I like dubstep, but it's just harder to dance too. Granted there is shuffling, but that's more along the lines of set movements rather than free expression, which traditional techno gave us.

Take this song for example:

It's just so free and open, most any movements can be done and constitute a dance to go with it. It's a traditional style song that just makes dancing possible.

Now there's this:

Dubstep is less open, most free movements just don't seem to compliment the songs. Thus, the songs are less open and free, setting movements to compliment the song takes away from free expression.

So, what do you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderRebelNews via Skype
There are too few hours in a day for things like 'eating'
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2011, 12:15 AM   #2
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Not a fan of either, but I agree.
Techno is more fluid.

I sorta dislike dubstep though, so I'm pretty bias.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:04 AM   #3
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 22,921, Level: 93 Points: 22,921, Level: 93 Points: 22,921, Level: 93
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 37

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
Honestly, I can't tell how those two songs are different genres. Then again, I'm not that much into music in the first place.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:10 AM   #4
Semtex
Slime
Points: 228, Level: 4 Points: 228, Level: 4 Points: 228, Level: 4

Semtex is an unknown quantity at this point

which category is this?
Old 07-16-2011, 08:35 AM   #5
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlloftheAbove View Post
Honestly, I can't tell how those two songs are different genres. Then again, I'm not that much into music in the first place.
-Stare-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semtex View Post
which category is this?
I'd say dubstep.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:52 AM   #6
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,317, Level: 72 Points: 12,317, Level: 72 Points: 12,317, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
Dubstep is a very cookie cutter genre. When people say all the songs sound the same, even though it has a hint of hyperbole to it, by and large it's true. Start with a bass drop and the rest is nothing but sub-bass beats the rest of the way. For some reason, people become hypnotized with beats and seem to think these types of songs are good. Yeah, it's nice if you have the sound system to capture it, but it really sounds like something that would come as a demo disk to any Bose sound system.

EDIT: And I just realized I have nothing to contribute to the actual thread so take this rant against dubstep for what it is.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #7
Alice
Princess of NFF~
Points: 32,399, Level: 100 Points: 32,399, Level: 100 Points: 32,399, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 
Total Awards: 14

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukario View Post
Dubstep is a very cookie cutter genre. When people say all the songs sound the same, even though it has a hint of hyperbole to it, by and large it's true. Start with a bass drop and the rest is nothing but sub-bass beats the rest of the way. For some reason, people become hypnotized with beats and seem to think these types of songs are good. Yeah, it's nice if you have the sound system to capture it, but it really sounds like something that would come as a demo disk to any Bose sound system.

EDIT: And I just realized I have nothing to contribute to the actual thread so take this rant against dubstep for what it is.
I took it that way from the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderRebelNews via Skype
There are too few hours in a day for things like 'eating'
Old 07-24-2011, 07:02 AM   #8
Holysnap
you're the worst
Points: 2,577, Level: 30 Points: 2,577, Level: 30 Points: 2,577, Level: 30
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather

Holysnap is a name known to allHolysnap is a name known to allHolysnap is a name known to allHolysnap is a name known to allHolysnap is a name known to allHolysnap is a name known to all

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via MSN to Holysnap
i think you are being unfair to dubstep by pitting it against the rest of techno. there are so many sub genres of techno- dub step being one of them so its is a bit unfair to compare one tiny percentage to the rest of the percentage
Old 07-24-2011, 07:11 AM   #9
Semtex
Slime
Points: 228, Level: 4 Points: 228, Level: 4 Points: 228, Level: 4

Semtex is an unknown quantity at this point

I've always known techno to be all 'beepity boop' and dubstep to be all 'bwowwowwoow"
Old 07-28-2011, 03:08 PM   #10
Rai17
Actor
Points: 14,503, Level: 78 Points: 14,503, Level: 78 Points: 14,503, Level: 78
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Snake rope User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 2x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Invincibility Star
User owns 2x Rod Of Seasons User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 2x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 2x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Water Element

My Mood: Brooding
Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Yoshi NFF Old Man Award Celebrity Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Inventor Award NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 9

Dubstep reaches into many other genres as a guest-star in music as well :P

Techno's much better though in my opinion.

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
----The NFF Facebook Page
Closed Thread

Tags
dubstep, rant, techno