Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > Debate Forum

Notices

Debate Forum This is the Debate forum engage in serious debates here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #1
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 58,588, Level: 100 Points: 58,588, Level: 100 Points: 58,588, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Nice Guys or Jerks?

Okay boys and girls, do I have a topic today.

Recently, I've just been reassessing some things. Lately, it feels like the old saying "Nice guys finish last" seems to be true. I mean...in terms of being honestly valued it seems us "Nice guys" do tend to get the short end of the stick.

Then there are the "jerks." The theory is that women want a man who is assertive, dominant, etc. Even if the jerks don't neccessarily treat them right all the time, they are at least assertive, dominant, and can protect them.

"Nice guys" are everything women claim (really strong emphasis on "claim") that they want, but when they find one they never actually want him.

So it seems like nice guys are realizing this, and they resort to becoming jerks in order to get ahead. Women view jerks as even though they may not always treat them right, they're "exciting" and they're a "challenge" whereas Nice guys in contrast are "weak" "boring" and "predictable." They need the "Alpha Male" instead.

Males and females, the debate is, do Nice guys really need to become jerks to get women and get ahead?

Discuss.

*This is not a woman bashing thread, just a question/debate thread about ideal men.

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu

Tekken Revolution mains: Paul, Steve

Tekken 6 mains: Paul, Steve, Hwoarang

King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim/Joe

Last edited by Brandyn; 07-23-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
xXMence and FlowXx
Shut up the ****!
Points: 1,191, Level: 18 Points: 1,191, Level: 18 Points: 1,191, Level: 18
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Bow and Arrow

My Mood: Horny
xXMence and FlowXx is just really nicexXMence and FlowXx is just really nicexXMence and FlowXx is just really nicexXMence and FlowXx is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

A lot of women are stupid nowadays, they don't know what they want in men, especially with black women, and some whites. They wan't a complete asswipe, but then get hurt and break up, then rekendle thier relationship with them. But a nicer guy, they get broken up with for little, to no reason, or valid reason at all. Nice guys can be dominant, and assertive, just don't be an ass about it, but stand your ground, and don't be a pushover.

Women today make me want to slap them to the ground, they think they can talk to you any way they want, and honestly, they're just coniving, and dumbasses. Not all, but the majority. They don't even know what they really want, and most are turning into hoes, sluts, and gold diggers. I've lost a lot of respect for woman over the last 5 years. That's why you see a lot of pregnant bitches with no father around, or constantly fighting with the babydaddy because they dated a jerk who wasn't a man, but was a boy.

All I have to say is women need to get their act together, and stop acting like someone owns them something.

Mence and Flow!!

Old 07-23-2011, 11:26 AM   #3
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

I can't really speak for anyone else, but from my own observation, the more a woman matures, the more they realize the "Challenge" and the "Thrill" of a Jerk/ass/bad boy isn't worth the trouble, and that they want someone to take care of them and be there for them when they need it. Modern society sure hasn't helped with the preconception that you have to be a dick to get anything, considering that most media propagandizes this "Do it this way, or you're wrong" mentality to everyone and their ****ing mothers.

I know the feeling dude. I used to think every woman was that way, but as you get older, you realize only the idiotic/immature women are the ones who want what you state. You know how that ends up? Badly. Mence pretty much hit it on the head with his assessment if you ask me.

I had a hard time coming up with anything for a while, mostly due to the fact that everything I wanted to say was either almost completely censored out, or the fact that it felt rage-laced. Which it would have, because I've been on the wrong side of the "nice guys finish last" way of thought too many times to count.

tl:dr - Do not change who you are based on what you see now. You won't find what you truly seek for a while anyways. Wait for yours and their coming of age. The well deepens greatly as you mature.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,819, Level: 100 Points: 58,819, Level: 100 Points: 58,819, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXMence and FlowXx View Post
A lot of women are stupid nowadays, they don't know what they want in men, especially with black women, and some whites. They wan't a complete asswipe, but then get hurt and break up, then rekendle thier relationship with them. But a nicer guy, they get broken up with for little, to no reason, or valid reason at all. Nice guys can be dominant, and assertive, just don't be an ass about it, but stand your ground, and don't be a pushover.

Women today make me want to slap them to the ground, they think they can talk to you any way they want, and honestly, they're just coniving, and dumbasses. Not all, but the majority. They don't even know what they really want, and most are turning into hoes, sluts, and gold diggers. I've lost a lot of respect for woman over the last 5 years. That's why you see a lot of pregnant bitches with no father around, or constantly fighting with the babydaddy because they dated a jerk who wasn't a man, but was a boy.

All I have to say is women need to get their act together, and stop acting like someone owns them something.
*cough* that is 99% of my town *cough*

In my opinion, Gameboy, you should always be a "nice guy", not just to women, but to absolutely everyone. I'm a nice as I can be to everyone unless they do something to cause me to act otherwise. If someone has a problem with me being a good guy, or laughs because I helped someone out, then they can go to hell, I don't need them anyway. Never compromise who you are - a good person - to impress someone, even if that someone is a female.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 07-23-2011, 11:32 AM   #5
Tanis
Ordinary
Points: 6,048, Level: 50 Points: 6,048, Level: 50 Points: 6,048, Level: 50
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama WiiU ID: Peridot-sama
Well, you all said what I wanted to say pretty much. I hate being late to the party. :<

Old 07-23-2011, 11:37 AM   #6
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 58,588, Level: 100 Points: 58,588, Level: 100 Points: 58,588, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Mence: Good points, but the way you worded it may have opened Pandora's Box for females who view this thread later on, heh.

Well, I created this thread not only for my own sake but for the general sake.

In general, I am nice to both males and females; I am often described as funny, witty, sometimes charming. Then I had a realization; I mean for the most part, girls pretty much just talk to me about their problems and whatnot and their marital woes with their partners and all that junk, and like an idiot I smile and listen. After doing some research on it, apparently once you begin playing that role, it's like the kiss of death and you're permanently friend zoned.

I mean, as much as I try to be sweet, funny, and caring apparently women view these mean as weak (plus it just sounds corny and boring).

Of course, the "be yourself" angle is always an answer don't get me wrong, I was just curious.

What is it about the "Alpha Male"? Apparently I fit into the much softer category of "Beta Male".

Also, why the crap do women's descriptions of an ideal man not match who they'rea actually dating?

ALSO: For girls that view this thread in the future this is not meant as a woman bashing thread, we're just trying to get inside your heads, heh.

Last edited by Brandyn; 07-23-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:44 AM   #7
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,819, Level: 100 Points: 58,819, Level: 100 Points: 58,819, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoy View Post
Mence: Well said, that does explain alot man.

In general, I am nice to both males and females; I am often described as funny, witty, sometimes charming. Then I had a realization; I mean for the most part, girls pretty much just talk to me about their problems and whatnot and their marital woes with their partners and all that junk, and like an idiot I smile and listen. After doing some research on it, apparently once you begin playing that role, it's like the kiss of death and you're permanently friend zoned.

I mean, as much as I try to be sweet, funny, and caring apparently women view these mean as weak (plus it just sounds corny and boring).

Of course, the "be yourself" angle is always an answer don't get me wrong, I was just curious.

What is it about the "Alpha Male"? Apparently I fit into the much softer category of "Beta Male".

Also, why the crap do women's descriptions of an ideal man not match who they'rea actually dating?

ALSO: For girls that view this thread in the future this is not meant as a woman bashing thread, we're just trying to get inside your heads, heh.
I would actually describe myself as alpha actually. Just because I'm nice doesn't mean I'm a pushover. I've out "tough guys" on their knees more times than I can count, both physically and mentally/emotionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 07-23-2011, 11:50 AM   #8
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

Well, I mean even nice guys that aren't pushovers don't seem to be as appealing, though. (I'm not a total pushover but I hardly get into altercations anyway because I already have respect for the way I carry myself as a young man. I'm just alot more softspoken.)

Like, apparently we're being taught to play the jerk to get attraction if all else fails?

Old 07-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #9
xXMence and FlowXx
Shut up the ****!
Points: 1,191, Level: 18 Points: 1,191, Level: 18 Points: 1,191, Level: 18
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Bow and Arrow

My Mood: Horny
xXMence and FlowXx is just really nicexXMence and FlowXx is just really nicexXMence and FlowXx is just really nicexXMence and FlowXx is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

Women use logic that makes no sense. If being a "Nice guy" means you're "Weak" as a person, then that would mean for women that everyone who's a Nice Person, is a weak individual, and deserves no respect. Make any sense? NO!

Friend zone my ass, that bullshit means nothing to me.

@SGC64: See as how skinny and no offence, wimpy you look, I only believed the verbal part you said.

Mence and Flow!!

Old 07-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #10
Tanis
Ordinary
Points: 6,048, Level: 50 Points: 6,048, Level: 50 Points: 6,048, Level: 50
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama WiiU ID: Peridot-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoy View Post
Mence: Good points, but the way you worded it may have opened Pandora's Box for females who view this thread later on, heh.

To be honest, I don't think we will ever fully understand how they think.

Closed Thread