Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment > Movie Reviews

Notices

Movie Reviews Post your movie reviews here.

Closed Review

Review Tools
Toy Story 3
Published by adamg0d
07-25-2011
Author review
Movie RatingN/A
Average N/A%
Toy Story 3

Sinse I can go off-topic on gamefaqs anywere that means I can do it here.

The best magic tricks in the world are ones that cannot be unraveled, reverse engineered or dissected to figure out exactly how they are pulled off. This philosophy is doubly applicable to Pixar's "Toy Story 3", the storyline-ending outro of the beloved Toy Story, uh, story.

I feel it relevant somehow to divulge my age, as it somehow validates the powerful emotions evoked throughout the film. I am a 28 year old male, who, fifteen years ago, was fresh into the teen years of supposed adolescence at the release of some weird, 3d animated movie (wait, they can animate with computers?) entitled "Toy Story". This was a pretty bold move, a calculated stroll to the edge of the cliff and a daring leap off into the thin air of creativity and innovation. And it was a hit, ensuring 3d animation a place right alongside (more or less) 2d animation. And naturally, Pixar would be at the forefront, leading the cavalry charge of digital animation ranging from great to gawd-awful.

"Toy Story 3" starts off as comfortably as possible, with our friends Woody and Buzz Lightyear doing what they do the best...playing with Andy in his world of make-believe adventure. We are then treated to some familiar Pixar progression, like abandonment, solidarity, coming back to friends, and the passing of the torch. Clearly, in the eleven years between this point and when "Toy Story 2" wrapped, a computer revolution or four has occurred, allowing a world of unsurpassed clarity, reality and imagination to shine through like never before. TS1's spark is TS2's candle, and that in turn is TS3's blazing sun.

Roll the last fifteen minutes of film. It became clearly obvious that the figurative tables have been turned, because a good number of the adults in the audience (including myself) were sniffling and teary-eyed, while the kids were looking up, likely thinking "jeez mom and dad, they're just toys, get over it".

Wasn't it conventional wisdom that just the kids get emotional over losing plastic playthings? With "Toy Story 3", Pixar has shown us one of the greatest magic tricks in modern showbiz history, likely not to be outdone or duplicated, that we all have very real and deep connections to our childhoods and to the things and people that allowed us as kids to be free, and innocent, and pure, and most importantly, to dream. This, to me, is a life lesson worth remembering, to infinity and beyond.

"Toy Story 3" gets 10 of 10 blazing stars
Sponsored Links
By NommyNommy on 07-25-2011, 11:27 PM
maybe if you were not a brand new member, and this were gamefaqs

but it aint
By SuperGamecube64 on 07-25-2011, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamg0d View Post
Sinse I can go off-topic on gamefaqs anywere that means I can do it here.
No. No, it does not. This is the DS section and is intended for DS discussions. This is NOT GameFAQS, and you may not treat it as such.
By AlloftheAbove on 07-26-2011, 03:50 AM
Moved it.
Anyway, Tom Hanks practically confirmed Toy Story 4. It broke my heart.
By Rin on 07-26-2011, 10:42 AM
They'd almost have to do a reset on the series. After the ending of 3, they can't really do much other than spin-off/prequel stuff.
By Brandyn on 07-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlloftheAbove View Post
Moved it.
Anyway, Tom Hanks practically confirmed Toy Story 4. It broke my heart.
I heard about that. I heard that all he really did was just sign a contract just in case Pixar makes a fourth entry in the series, so that no one else voices Woody.

But like Rin said, the way it ended really didn't leave it open for another sequel, unless they do a prequel or spin-off. It was wrapped up so smoothly that really it would be a crime. I mean I can see a couple of shorts here and there but to do another film would make it obvious that they're just trying to milk the cashcow.

If Pixar wants to make sequels so bad, where's the sequel to The Incredibles? (Hey, if Cars gets one, The Incredibles more than deserves one.)
By adamg0d on 07-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Hey what gives how could this place not let me go off-topic anywere like on gamefaqs thats unfair.

On gamefaqs they let anyone go off-topic because of the fair lazy mods, even better on gamefaqs you can break rules anytime.
By Nintenduendo on 07-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Hey what gives how could this place not let me go off-topic anywere like on gamefaqs thats unfair.

On gamefaqs they let anyone go off-topic because of the fair lazy mods, even better on gamefaqs you can break rules anytime.
If you like GameFAQs so much, why don't you just go back?

Not all forums are as big as GameFAQs, and because of this, they're easier to moderate.
By Wiidude on 07-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Wiidude hopes they do not make a toy story 4.
By Brandyn on 07-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Quote:

Why in the world would you post this in the DS section anyway, did you not see we have a "Movie Reviews" section? Who would look for your Toy Story 3 movie review in the DS section, they'd think it was a game review.

And we're not GameFAQs, we try to stay organized for the sake of our members.
Closed Review