Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment > Movie Reviews

Notices

Movie Reviews Post your movie reviews here.

Closed Review

Review Tools
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
It all ends... superbly.
Published by Vexenon
07-27-2011
Author review
Movie RatingN/A
Average N/A%

Iíve been meaning to review this movie for quite some time, and after taking some time to digest it after seeing it for the fourth time, I think now would be a good time for the review. Iíd like to start off by saying that Iíve been a fan of Harry Potter since the first novel was released (and before it was so widely popularized Ė not that Iím trying to sound like a hipster), so you may detect some bias in certain sections of my review. As far as films go, ďHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2Ē was a fantastic summer blockbuster and was the ending fans of the series wanted and were satisfied with; the film wasnít perfect, but if youíre a Harry Potter nut, the film sure felt close to being perfect.

When it comes to the Harry Potter film franchise, you can always expect to see flashy special effects, some cheesy and humorous dialogue, and scenes that (assuming you didnít read the novels) will leave you on the edge of your seat. ďThe Deathly Hallows: Part 2Ē does exactly this, but it really focuses on high-paced action and adventure and really cuts out the dull dialogue scenes that made the first part seem to drag on and nearly put me to sleep. The producers obviously chose to save a lot of the good stuff for the second installment of the finale, and Iím sort of glad they split it up like this, because it really did the fans justice (and helped them tear up the box office).

As much as I loved the film, Iíd rather jump to the two main issues I had with the film, starting with the entire plot line of the film.

Despite there being two parts for the finale, the crew decided to pack a lot of the horcrux hunting and high-paced action scenes into Part 2. The problem I have with this is that I felt they sort of rushed through the horcrux hunting, making it somewhat hard to keep up with whatís actually going on at times. They only had Harry and company destroy one horcrux in the first film, which really didnít help move the plot along at all. If they had chosen to divide the action up a bit more equally, I think we wouldíve seen a really solid and complete two-part film, rather than a finale that was half snoozer, half fun.

My other issue with the film is how they chose to end it. I obviously donít want to spoil the film, so skip to the last paragraph if youíve only seen the movies and have yet to see this installment of the series. If not, continue reading.

The way they chose to have Voldemort killed was honestly incredibly cheesy (he practically disintegrated into thin air, and even though it makes sense, it didnít make for a satisfying finish to the good vs. evil war). In all honestly, they couldíve cut out the last 5-10 minutes and skipped right to the epilogue, because the ending really was just a bunch of boring chit-chat between Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I know itís important to know what happens, but Warner Bros. couldíve definitely done a better job at wrapping up the film.

All in all, I really donít have a lot of negative things to say about the film, because it was a great piece of cinema and the way I wanted to see my favorite childhood book series end. Harry Potter has always been a favorite of mine and really helped me develop my love of reading and writing, and itís something thatíll live on in my heart and continue to inspire me (cheesy, I know). If you havenít seen it yet, I highly encourage you to, and I also encourage you to read all seven books and see all eight films, because itís really just a fantastic series that has brought me a lot of joy and changed my outlook on a lot of things. Iíll give ďHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2Ē a 4.5 star rating, mainly because I rarely feel anything deserves a perfect rating. Thanks for the memories, Harry Potter. Your legacy will live on in the hearts and minds of me, along with millions of other people around the world.
Sponsored Links
By Rin on 07-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Everyone in my family but me has seen this. From what they tell me and what I've read, it's a great close to the series, and this seems to emulate that.

I want to see it. Nice review on it as well.
By Mario on 07-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Nice Review. I have yet to see this movie. I'll probably go see it soon, most likely in 3D. Finally the close of the Harry Potter series.
By funkybabeone on 09-13-2011, 05:26 AM
I watched this movie and i like it but in the end its really ridiculous.
Closed Review