Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Post away about anything in general just remember no content that would fit in other sections.

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Gamestop

Gamstop is without a doubt the largest video game specialty store chain. There are a few others such as Play N Trade, but for the most part, Gamestop dominates the market. I decided to make a topic for us to discuss Gamestop. What they do right, what they do wrong, etc.

One thing I'd like to bring up from the start is that I noticed a lot of people completely and utterly hate EVERYTHING about Gamestop. I have to say that it depends on where you live. there are some Gamestops, mostly in large areas I have visited, which are jsut horrible. They don't care about the customer or anything else. The Gamestop I frequent, however, has a very "homely" feel to it. This is because it is the ONLY game Specialty store in ym area. There IS no local Game shop here, and therefore the people working at the Gamestop are actually really easy going. in fact, I'm friends with most of the employees on a personal level. So that's my verdict on that argument - it just depends on the employees at the aprtocular store.

Also, everyone knows their trade in system is horrible. There really is no reason to talk about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,473, Level: 73 Points: 12,473, Level: 73 Points: 12,473, Level: 73

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
The Gamestops I usually go to, which are both in Burbank, California are really good. The main thing I like about them is the cheap prices they have on used games. But Gamestop doesn't even come close to this local place called Game Dude. They've got a warehouse full of inventory and have games from every console you could think of. The prices are also very good, too.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
NommyNommy
Banned

NommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to behold

the closest gamestop to me is probably about 30-40 minutes away, but just about every gamestop I've been to have really nice employees who care and give you their opinions on things.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
For the record, I just applied at my Gamestop last night. Given the fact that 2 people quit and they all call me by my first name when I come in, I'd say I have a high chance of getting the job.

Quote:

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 07-30-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,519, Level: 100 Points: 38,519, Level: 100 Points: 38,519, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

I'd tell you all about my local Gamestop and how lovely it's employees are, but I live in England.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Old 07-30-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 24,201, Level: 94 Points: 24,201, Level: 94 Points: 24,201, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post

One thing I'd like to bring up from the start is that I noticed a lot of people completely and utterly hate EVERYTHING about Gamestop. I have to say that it depends on where you live. there are some Gamestops, mostly in large areas I have visited, which are jsut horrible. They don't care about the customer or anything else. The Gamestop I frequent, however, has a very "homely" feel to it. This is because it is the ONLY game Specialty store in ym area. There IS no local Game shop here, and therefore the people working at the Gamestop are actually really easy going. in fact, I'm friends with most of the employees on a personal level. So that's my verdict on that argument - it just depends on the employees at the aprtocular store.
Basically sums up my feelings, the only thing I can think bad about my local Game Stop(other then crappy trade-in) is the fact that they stopped selling Gamecube games
Old 07-30-2011, 08:45 PM   #7
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megas75 View Post
Basically sums up my feelings, the only thing I can think bad about my local Game Stop(other then crappy trade-in) is the fact that they stopped selling Gamecube games
Really? Mine still accepts as well as sells them. They no longer accept GBA trade ins though, but they do sell the stock they still have.

Speaking of Gamecube, I picked up Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2 on the Gamecube when I was in there last night (which if you haven't played it, it's actually good) because I used to lvoe it and it was only $5. So, I go up the counter and reserve Skyward Sword. After that, I reserved Starfox 64. When he asked "For the 3DS?" I jokingly replied "No, for the N64." Anyway, we were so caught up in chitchatting and my reserves that he actually forgot to scan Naruto or put the disc in the case. I was jsut as caught up, and didn't realize that either, so I paid and was on ym way. Now I have a game case and manual but no game, lmao. I called the cashier this morning and eh laughed and just told me to bring it with me next time.

Quote:

Old 07-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #8
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 24,201, Level: 94 Points: 24,201, Level: 94 Points: 24,201, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
Really? Mine still accepts as well as sells them. They no longer accept GBA trade ins though, but they do sell the stock they still have.

Speaking of Gamecube, I picked up Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2 on the Gamecube when I was in there last night (which if you haven't played it, it's actually good) because I used to lvoe it and it was only $5. So, I go up the counter and reserve Skyward Sword. After that, I reserved Starfox 64. When he asked "For the 3DS?" I jokingly replied "No, for the N64." Anyway, we were so caught up in chitchatting and my reserves that he actually forgot to scan Naruto or put the disc in the case. I was jsut as caught up, and didn't realize that either, so I paid and was on ym way. Now I have a game case and manual but no game, lmao. I called the cashier this morning and eh laughed and just told me to bring it with me next time.
Technically they still sell GC games with the little stock they still have at my local GS, but only when someone trades it in. If I want a GC game, I have to either drive to the other nearest GS(15 mi.) or ask them to send in a copy of the game I'm looking for(this was how I got PowerStone and Rogue Leader. One thing I love about my Gamestop is that they'll do whatever they can to get the game I'm looking for
Old 07-30-2011, 09:39 PM   #9
Tanis
Zvarri
Points: 6,155, Level: 51 Points: 6,155, Level: 51 Points: 6,155, Level: 51
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama WiiU ID: Peridot-sama
Hope you're happy with the job if you get it, I was considering applying to my Gamestop myself, but I heard that it's a terrible place to work at.

Other than that I like Gamestop, pretty much the only place in my area besides lolWal-Mart to buy games. They usually have some good older games too.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:47 PM   #10
Neomysterion
The Resident Meepit
Points: 332, Level: 6 Points: 332, Level: 6 Points: 332, Level: 6

My Mood: Gaming
Neomysterion is an unknown quantity at this point

I normally stop by Gamestop just to get a good Nintendo DS or Wii game or two, I used to seek out vintage Game Boy games over there until they stopped in late 2008. Every town or mall I go to has at least one GameStop, and I may skim throughout the store until I find an unusual game over there.
Closed Thread