Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > General Nintendo Section

Notices

General Nintendo Section All general Nintendo content here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
Benji_Nottz
Points: 1,484, Level: 21 Points: 1,484, Level: 21 Points: 1,484, Level: 21

Benji_Nottz will become famous soon enoughBenji_Nottz will become famous soon enough

Am I the only one who wants a Pilotwings sequel?

Please dont mention that 3DS game. After 16 years of waiting that certainly wasnt what I wanted - I already basically had it on Wii Sports Resort.

I really hope it turns up on WiiU. But alas it seems unlikely - or very verylikely they will just cheap out again as they did with the 3ds version.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
NommyNommy
Banned

NommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji_Nottz View Post
Please dont mention that 3DS game. After 16 years of waiting that certainly wasnt what I wanted
3DS had a sequel
Old 08-02-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,268, Level: 100 Points: 38,268, Level: 100 Points: 38,268, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

I don't understand why you would even need another one. Even if the one on 3DS is amazingly bad, the original should be fine. It's a flight simulator. They rarely get updates because there's nothing to update.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Old 08-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

The Wii Sports Resort flying sim was fun. I enjoyed it, just like I enjoyed the 3DS version.

And really, what else is there to do in a 'full Pilotwings sequel' that Pilotwings Resort hasn't done? I'll admit, I lament the fact that there were no other areas to fly around in, but I still had fun at Wuhu.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:09 PM   #5
Benji_Nottz

Benji_Nottz will become famous soon enoughBenji_Nottz will become famous soon enough

If you had played the N64 version you'd know theres a lot more to pilotwings and plenty to expand upon. The 3DS game was somewhat a step back in content modes level and basically scope.
Things to expand on which wouldn't make it just more of the same include Multiplayer, on and off line for a start. Shooting battles was an obvious step forward on the 64 version too as it had been done in a limited fashion fighting that rock guy. Missions for Birdman mode seems obvious too as well as new modes of play - a parody of ballon fight for example. Multiple islands put in to a vast world ala windwaker seems another bold step - online daily missions and multiplayer co op and vs. races with obsticle to each island, crazy sea weather....A leveling system, vechile upgrades and customisation etc etc
A sequel was made for the 64 but got stopped before completion.
Every review criticised the 3ds version for lack of content. 4 of the modes from the 64 weren't included, 1 level is somewhat insulting too. Losing the original characters didnt go down well with me personally either.

The WiiU's abilites could pull somethng really good too.

Last edited by Benji_Nottz; 08-02-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #6
NommyNommy
Banned

NommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to behold

Wii U and 3DS (and wii) can actually add great gameplay onto already made games, such as Pokemon Snap, Starfox, Pikmin, and never played a Pilot Wings game, but I guess that too.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:14 AM   #7
Benji_Nottz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NommyNommy View Post
Wii U and 3DS (and wii) can actually add great gameplay onto already made games, such as Pokemon Snap, Starfox, Pikmin, and never played a Pilot Wings game, but I guess that too.
You're so right! Man I would so love to see a modern take on Pokemon Snap! Pilotwings 64 was kinda like a beta - a launch game for 64 made by a team for whom it was their first trip into the world of 3D and the clock was against them, not to mention constant updates to the dev kits which kinda ment it was like 1 step forwards two steps back - the 64s power also limited the potential in gaming...Theres no doubt whatsoever theres plenty more to explore and do - and I dare say 2 games in 16 years is NOT overkill.

Last edited by Benji_Nottz; 08-04-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:38 AM   #8
thecoolmana777
Points: 144, Level: 2 Points: 144, Level: 2 Points: 144, Level: 2

thecoolmana777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Smilie Waluigi

I would love another sequel to pilotwings ,although I have only played the 3DS version there is so much that they could expand on i.e different flight vehicles , multiplayer, new flight environments. A sequel would be amazing
Old 08-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #9
theichibun
The Youngest Old Man
Points: 971, Level: 16 Points: 971, Level: 16 Points: 971, Level: 16

theichibun will become famous soon enoughtheichibun will become famous soon enough

I have Pilot Wings for my SNES. I don't even want that one.