Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > Forum Games

Notices

Forum Games Here we can play those nonsensical but entertaining thread games aswell as Fiction Role Plays made by our members.

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
CosmicMega
A Mega Guy in Cosmos
Points: 1,695, Level: 23 Points: 1,695, Level: 23 Points: 1,695, Level: 23

CosmicMega has a spectacular aura aboutCosmicMega has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 1

Sm Wario NFF Mafia: A Mob is Forming...

It's time for... a Mafia game! I noticed a thread proposing this before, but not actually putting it into action. And so, though this may very well bomb and nobody or only a few people will sign up, I'm still going to put this up and see if anybody is interested. (NOTE: if you've never played Mafia I recommend reading the rules quite extensively.)

--

OVERVIEW OF MAFIA:

For a somewhat more detailed explanation of the game, I recommend checking out the Wikipedia article and/or this Flash introduction.

Mafia is a game that features an uninformed majority; the Townspeople; going up against an informed minority; the Mafia. The Townspeople (AKA townies) are the game's main population and do not know the identity of anyone other than themselves. Their goal is to eliminate all of the Mafia, in which case they will win. The Mafia are a small group of players that know each other's identities and are permitted to speak to each other privately through routes of communication such as PMing, Google Docs, etc. Every night, they will kill one player. Their goal is to eliminate all the Townspeople, in which case they will win. (However, in this case it is simply cutting down enough Townspeople to be equal or lesser than their numbers; in this case the Mafia will take control of the voting and thus will win.) In some cases there is a third-party; they are uninformed like the Townspeople, and their goal is usually just to survive longer than any other player, in which case they will win.

The game is cut up into two phases;

The game starts on the Day Phase. During it, every player in the game discusses the game and talk about things and people they suspect, make accusations against other players, and vote for others. During the day, players can vote for other players that they believe to be Mafia. In order to vote, simply include in a post this: Vote: *insert player here* It is also possible to unvote by simply posting Unvote. If a majority vote is gained on one player, they will be lynched, meaning they will be killed and outed from the game, and the day will proceed to immediately end. Once majority vote is reached, nobody who has voted for the person who has gained majority can unvote. It is also possible to vote for no-lynch; if majority is gained on no-lynch, nobody will be lynched and the day will end with no death. If the person lynched is Mafia or third-party, it will be considered a successful lynch, but if the person lynched is townie, it will be considered a mislynch. The mafia and third-party must pose as normal townspeople in order to prevent from being lynched and losing. In this game, there will be a 60-hour time limit to each day phase; if nobody is lynched in 60 hours, the day will end in no-lynch.

Following the day phase, the Night Phase shall begin. During the night, all the Townspeople are asleep and so nobody is allowed to post in the game thread. The Mafia will privately discuss who they want to kill that night; once they have reached a decision, the Mafia member designated to send the kill in will PM it to me. Additionally, anybody else who has a night action (explained in Roles), should send theirs in. In this game, there will be a 30-hour time limit to each night phase; however, the night will not end until the Mafia send in a kill. However, if other night actions have not been sent in by the time the night is up, they will not be applied. Following the night phase, another day phase shall begin, and it shall keep going into rotation until one faction has won and the game ends.

ROLES:

The Townspeople: The Townspeople (AKA townies) are the game's main population and do not know the identity of anyone other than themselves. Their goal is to eliminate all of the Mafia, in which case they will win. Most Townspeople in this game are simply "vanilla" (meaning all they really do is vote and participate); however, there are a couple special townies with night actions that can provide special assistance to the town.

The Detective: The Detective is a special Townsperson. Every night phase, they can send in the name of a player to me through PM, and I will reply to them by telling them whether the chosen target's alliance is Townspeople, Mafia, or Third-party. Due to this special information, the Detective is a prime Mafia target, and so unless they gains critical info (and perhaps even then they may think that they should simply hint at it), it is unadvisable for them to come out and say they are the Detective. But use your own judgment if you become Detective.

The Bodyguard: The Bodyguard is a special Townsperson. Every night phase, they can send in the name of a player to me through PM. That person will be protected and cannot be killed or lynched that night phase or the following day phase. Due to this great ability, the Bodyguard is a prime Mafia target, and so it is very unadvisable for the Bodyguard to reveal who they are, as it is normally unnecessary except in extreme situations. But use your own judgment if you become Bodyguard.

The Mafia: The Mafia are a small group of players that know each other's identities and are permitted to speak to each other privately through routes of communication such as PMing, Google Docs, etc. Every night, they will kill one player. Their goal is to eliminate all the Townspeople, in which case they will win. (However, in this case it is simply cutting down enough Townspeople to be equal or lesser than their numbers; in this case the Mafia will take control of the voting and thus will win.) Aside from night killing, all Mafia in this game are ability-less; though one will be designated as the one to send me who the Mafia have chosen to kill every night, and so they could be seen as a sort of psuedo-leader.

The Werewolf: The Werewolf is a third-party; they are uninformed like the Townspeople, and their goal is just to survive longer than any other player, in which case they will win. The Werewolf is a special role I'm adding in; on Night 1, one randomly-selected no-ability Townsperson will transform into the Werewolf. Along with being a Third-party, they are given a kill to carry out every even night phase. (Night 2, Night 4, etc.) This is treated as a night action, though, in the same manner as the Detective and Bodyguard abilities.

The Game Moderator: This would be me. I just run the game basically, keeping vote counts during the day, keeping players in check, posting deaths of players, etc. etc.

RULES:

1. No posting in the game thread during the night phase.

2. You may not directly quote any PM you receive from me as part of the game; you may tell about your results if you're Detective and you can claim your role, but no direct quoting, as this would be cheating.

3. No communicating with other players outside the thread unless you are Mafia or your role PM states that you are allowed to do so. Communicating with someone about the game through PM and the like is strictly forbidden and will result in instant elimination unless you are Mafia.

4. Have fun!
...or else.

SIGN-UP LIST:

Wrong Forum Bro
Glastonbury
Mikematute
Tanis

--

I'm hoping for a minimum of 10 players, but I may lower my standards if I can't get that many... if I have to cut something, the Werewolf will likely be the first to go, which I'm sort of debating with myself about including, anyways.

So anyways, come one, come all, to sign up! If you have any other questions about how the game works or anything, then please ask me and I'll give you the best answer that I can.

Last edited by CosmicMega; 08-23-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
Final Flourish
Light Grenade
Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47 Points: 5,497, Level: 47
User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Poke Doll

My Mood: Devilish
Final Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to beholdFinal Flourish is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

You can count me in.

There's just one thing in your post that might not go as planned:
Quote:
In this game, there will be a 60-hour time limit to each day phase; if nobody is lynched in 60 hours, the day will end in no-lynch.
I'm guessing you'll have to stretch the time span or something if the game doesn't receive enough attention. Also, the Mob members aren't allowed to vote for who gets lynched, are they?

Last edited by Final Flourish; 08-21-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
CosmicMega
A Mega Guy in Cosmos
Points: 1,695, Level: 23 Points: 1,695, Level: 23 Points: 1,695, Level: 23

CosmicMega has a spectacular aura aboutCosmicMega has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 1

Yeah, the time limits are basically just preliminary. I may adjust them if I get enough people and think it might not be active enough for that.

Also, it would be obvious who the Mafia were if they always couldn't vote during the day. In any case, every player can vote to lynch.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:48 PM   #4
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

I've never really played one of these before, so I'll join in.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
Mikematute
Zombie Prosecutor
Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Gaming
Mikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Review of the Month Poster 
Total Awards: 4

Count me in

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK I AM
Old 08-23-2011, 12:44 PM   #6
Tanis
Ordinary
Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama WiiU ID: Peridot-sama
Color me interested.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
Mikematute
Zombie Prosecutor
Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Gaming
Mikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Review of the Month Poster 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
Color me interested.
*throws interested pain at Tanis*
There ^w^

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK I AM
Old 09-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #8
CosmicMega
A Mega Guy in Cosmos