Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Tournaments > SSBB Tournaments

Notices

SSBB Tournaments Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournaments.

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,829, Level: 100 Points: 59,829, Level: 100 Points: 59,829, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
Exclamation Brawl TEAM Tournament

Hey guys, it's your favorite host back again to pitch an idea for our next big tourney.

So as the title states, I want to propose a Super Smash Bros Brawl team tournament.

I do realize that getting four people on different regions and timezones together at the same time can be a task, but it's possible. However, if you are unable to work with a partner on NFF, you may team up with someone in real life, like a friend or sibling. *If you can find neither of those, you may use an AI partner and yes it may be level 9*
If you and your rivals are ready to fight, but your partner is unable to show up, you may substitute him. I realize people have to drop out and it would be unfair for one person to be screwed over because his partner can't play anymore.

What you cannot do though, is trade partners, so if someone is already someone's partner, you may not aid them for a match and then go back to play with your original partner. However, if your partner drops out and there is an eliminated player, you can "resurrect" them by choosing them as your new partner. However they must remain your partner, and you'll have a couple points taken off, (as a change in partners does equal a change in skill level which may be unfair to teams that have remained together throughout the tourney).

I think this will run on a point system, with teams being awarded points based on ranking.

As usual, the conditions of the match are up to you/your rivals, such as rather you wish to have items or not. The Final Match however will take place at Final Destination. We can decide when the first match is due once we have all entrants.

Anyway, this is my proposal and I think it sounds solid but it may not be. I am open to changes about the tourney rules, since this might be confusing being a team tournament. Once we come to a consensus on the rules we can begin.

You may have team names.

You and your partner may be the same character, but you must play as the same characters throughout the tournament. And if a player is resurrected because their partner had to drop out they must still play as their original character.

EDIT: Concerning team attack, that is up to you guys and your rivals but against the final bosses it will be on. So tactics like performing a smash attack while your partner has grabbed someone is at your own risk.

Final Bosses: Gareth & GameBoy

Gareth and I, as the Champion and the Prince, will be waiting for one team to come out on top. Once a team destroys the rest of the competition, they will have to face us. Should they win, they will be the new Champions. Yes, we're like M.Bison.

If only one team enters, then they will face us right away and it won't be much of a tourney but hey, we'll take the challenge.

Please contact me with any questions/concerns.

REGISTRATION ENDS SEPETEMBER 10

Current Entrants
Da Kid/Tanis
Konata/her friend

Final Bosses
GameBoy/Gareth

Last edited by Brandyn; 08-31-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #2
NommyNommy
Banned

NommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to behold

because we have so many brawlers here that we need rankings
Old 08-28-2011, 11:55 PM   #3
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,829, Level: 100 Points: 59,829, Level: 100 Points: 59,829, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
Well, again I said you may use a partner in real life like a friend or sibling if you can't find a partner here.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:34 AM   #4
xXDaKidXx
Nintendo News Man!
Points: 3,453, Level: 36 Points: 3,453, Level: 36 Points: 3,453, Level: 36
User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Super Leaf

My Mood: Gaming
xXDaKidXx has a spectacular aura aboutxXDaKidXx has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Send a message via AIM to xXDaKidXx
If Tanis joins, I'll be on his team. ****in slut.

Cool Sig huh^^?

DaKidWiiTrailers - My Awesome Youtube
^Click that for Updates, Trailers, and more!
3DS FC:
5455 - 9667 - 3429
Old 08-29-2011, 06:17 AM   #5
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,548, Level: 100 Points: 38,548, Level: 100 Points: 38,548, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

I guess I could join. Although I can't tell you how much it'll lag since I'm in the UK.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Old 08-29-2011, 10:51 AM   #6
Tanis
Zvarri
Points: 6,169, Level: 51 Points: 6,169, Level: 51 Points: 6,169, Level: 51
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama WiiU ID: Peridot-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDaKidXx View Post
If Tanis joins, I'll be on his team. ****in slut.

No need for name calling, dear plumber.

I don't know if I'll be able to join. I'm at college during the week and only go home on weekends. My connection isn't all that great either, but we'll see.

I'm coming for you mofo's.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:19 AM   #7
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

Ho ho, big words, T.
We'll take the challenge though.

Oh and I forgot to say that if you cannot find a partner period and still wish to enter, you may use an AI partner.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:49 AM   #8
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,548, Level: 100 Points: 38,548, Level: 100 Points: 38,548, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoy View Post
Oh and I forgot to say that if you cannot find a partner period and still wish to enter, you may use an AI partner.
I'm gonna use someone who isn't from NFF since he's the only person I've ever played with. :I

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Old 08-30-2011, 09:38 AM   #9
Tanis
Zvarri
Points: 6,169, Level: 51 Points: 6,169, Level: 51 Points: 6,169, Level: 51
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama WiiU ID: Peridot-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoy View Post
Ho ho, big words, T.
We'll take the challenge though.

Challenge accepted then, G.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:51 AM   #10
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Konata View Post
I'm gonna use someone who isn't from NFF since he's the only person I've ever played with. :I
That's fine. Probably easier anyway due to lag. Practice practice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
Challenge accepted then, G.
If you can get your Wii Connection up, heh.

Gareth and I will be waiting to take on whoever comes out on top. We both play a mean Falcon....

Closed Thread