Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Post away about anything in general just remember no content that would fit in other sections.

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 12:49 AM   #1
xXDaKidXx
Nintendo News Man!
Points: 3,453, Level: 36 Points: 3,453, Level: 36 Points: 3,453, Level: 36
User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Super Leaf

My Mood: Gaming
xXDaKidXx has a spectacular aura aboutxXDaKidXx has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Send a message via AIM to xXDaKidXx
Youtube view count - What the ****?!

Ok, now I'm a frequent youtube user, I just learned, tested, and seen that my views count each time I click on my video, no matter if its on Autoplay on my channel or if i click on it. It counts. It also doesn't matter if you watch the video all the way through, once it starts, its a view. This only happens until 300 views, then it stops counting your views.

So each time you reply to a comment, it counts, each time you browse comments, it counts. WTF?! So now I'm in question if people have been watching my videos ligit, or was that just me.. (I get a lot of comments guys) This makes me ultimately feel like I've accomplished nothing with my channel, I ain't no partner where I get thousands of views a video.

Youtube needs to fix this, it can really get your sense of accomplishment down. Why can't it base off your IP? Each persons IP is counted once (unless you're signed in a different account and watch it) so that you can't spam yourself views, or others, this literally makes yourself a bot.

Its like baking a cake, but only to find out your cake constructed itself and but you put little effort into it and it became an amazing cake, and you don't even know wtf you did. Then find out the truth, you'd feel like you didn't do shit. Like you cheated yourself.

Cool Sig huh^^?

DaKidWiiTrailers - My Awesome Youtube
^Click that for Updates, Trailers, and more!
3DS FC:
5455 - 9667 - 3429
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2011, 01:22 AM   #2
NommyNommy
Banned

NommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to behold

lots of people get auto-refresh to make their videos get a shitton of views, its nothing new
and uh, it depends how many views your video has :|

if you have like 10, then most are probably you.
if you have like 300+ like you said, most are probably not you.
if you have like 10k+ *cough* then like .01% are you

oh and it stops counting at 300 for a while, then once you get more it updates.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:54 AM   #3
xXDaKidXx
Nintendo News Man!
Points: 3,453, Level: 36 Points: 3,453, Level: 36 Points: 3,453, Level: 36
User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Super Leaf

My Mood: Gaming
xXDaKidXx has a spectacular aura aboutxXDaKidXx has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Send a message via AIM to xXDaKidXx
Well I'm going to stop using the autoplay feature, and my vids get on average 100+ to 200+ views, i don't know now if like 50 of those are just me. It's just a flawed setup in every way. It needs to be fixed, cause I'm not purposely trying to get views like most people, if they do that.

So next box I'm just going to watch and see if people are really watching my videos.

Cool Sig huh^^?

DaKidWiiTrailers - My Awesome Youtube
^Click that for Updates, Trailers, and more!
3DS FC:
5455 - 9667 - 3429
Old 09-05-2011, 04:55 AM   #4
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,129, Level: 100 Points: 38,129, Level: 100 Points: 38,129, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Well you said you get a lot of comments, so you must be getting views to get the comments.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Closed Thread