Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo DS/DSI/3DS

Notices

Nintendo DS/DSI/3DS Anything Nintendo DS, DS Lite, 3DS, and DSi related.

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 03:18 AM   #1
Newkee
Goomba
Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1

Newkee is an unknown quantity at this point

Problems connection dsi to wifi

I'm having real trouble connecting my dsi to my livebox, it finds my livebox, i enter the security key but then its unable to connect. Ive connected my wii and laptop no bother, but boy, the dsi is proving to be a bugger !
I've tried virtually everything i can think of, removing the security from the livebox, won't connect, changed the channels in the admin panel, won't connect, turned off laptop in case that was interfering, won't connect, i'm putting the security key in correct - anyone else had problems and any fixes ?? - oh and the wireless facility is turned on.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 57,486, Level: 100 Points: 57,486, Level: 100 Points: 57,486, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
DS can only connect if you have a WEP connection. No other connection type will work.

Check me out on Facebook!
Like action figures? Click here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 09-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
CosmicMega
A Mega Guy in Cosmos
Points: 1,695, Level: 23 Points: 1,695, Level: 23 Points: 1,695, Level: 23

CosmicMega has a spectacular aura aboutCosmicMega has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 1

SuperGC is correct. It should connect to the Internet Channel just fine if you utilize the option of "Advanced Setup" in the options' Internet menu if you have WPA/WPA2/something that isn't WEP (not necessary if you DO have WEP), but you need WEP to play wi-fi in games.

However, if you're also having problems connecting to the Internet Channel while using Advanced Setup, the problem lies somewhere else.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:51 AM   #4
Newkee
Goomba

I've tried taking the security off the livebox and it still won't connect, which i find strange, the dsi finds the livebox but won't connect.
I'll try changing to the WEP option, im only currently trying to connect for the internet, havent tried to play wi-fi in games yet, i'll try that as well and see where i get.

I've just checked the admin panel of the livebox and the dsi is there under pairing but it still won't connect.

Last edited by Newkee; 09-17-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:36 AM   #5
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 57,486, Level: 100 Points: 57,486, Level: 100 Points: 57,486, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newkee View Post
I've tried taking the security off the livebox and it still won't connect, which i find strange, the dsi finds the livebox but won't connect.
I'll try changing to the WEP option, im only currently trying to connect for the internet, havent tried to play wi-fi in games yet, i'll try that as well and see where i get.

I've just checked the admin panel of the livebox and the dsi is there under pairing but it still won't connect.
Perhaps you should give Nintendo a call (1-800-255-3700 if you're in the US). Your router might be somehow incompatible.

Quote:

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 09-18-2011, 04:17 AM   #6
Newkee
Goomba

I have been thinking it may not be compatable, i've tried searching for any that are not but cannot find a list, only the ones on the nintendo website that are, and mine isnt there, i would have thought in this day and age, and it being the newest orange livebox it would have been fine.
I live in France but am from the uk, have to search out a telephone number.
I'm not giving up yet !! - i'm sure there must be a way......!!!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 12:07 PM   #7
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

+44 (0)845 60 50 247 is the UK number.

Also, I can tell you as both a geek and an IST student, with computers and communications it is never as simple as "It's new so it must be compatible." In fact, I'm pretty sure some companies make things just to drive us nuts.

Quote:

Old 09-20-2011, 03:24 AM   #8
Newkee
Goomba

Well, after nearly tearing my hair out i have finally got there in the end !! I took the security off the livebox, changed the mode to b/g and then manually inputted the connections into the dsi. Just before that the dsi was coming up as paired in the admin panel of the livebox so i knew i was getting somewhere, hit connection test and instant connection !
I think your right SuperGamecube64, im sure the companies do these things to test our patience ! - i've never had so much problems connecting to wifi !
c'est la vie......
Old 10-10-2011, 04:30 PM   #9
LafterIzPhun
The Troll
Points: 702, Level: 14 Points: 702, Level: 14 Points: 702, Level: 14
User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Horny
LafterIzPhun is a jewel in the roughLafterIzPhun is a jewel in the roughLafterIzPhun is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
DS can only connect if you have a WEP connection. No other connection type will work.

Too this, I say nay. Because I connected my DSi to WiFi. It has WPA2 security on it. (which, btw, is harder than heck to break into :/) But as for why it isnt connecting, I cant answer. Have you tried getting a new box? I would help you, if I knew anything about livebox. Im almost strictly Belkin Wireless though. I will look some stuff up. Will drop a PM if I find anything.

Edit: nvm, I see you already got it. Mod, please delete this post lol. I missed the last post.

I am the troll, so don't you dare!

Last edited by LafterIzPhun; 10-10-2011 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Reread posts
Closed Thread