Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > WorldWide News, Politics & Religion

Notices

WorldWide News, Politics & Religion Title Says It All

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 04:56 PM   #1
Ghost
Points: 475, Level: 9 Points: 475, Level: 9 Points: 475, Level: 9
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Ghost We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

Italy Censors The Pirate Bay!

Quote:
We're quite used to fascist countries not allowing freedom of speech. A lot of smaller nations that have dictators decide to block our site since we can help spread information that could be harmful to the dictators.

This time it's Italy. They suffer from a really bad background as one of the IFPIs was formed in Italy during the fascist years and now they have a fascist leader in the country, Silvio Berlusconi. Berlusconi is also the most powerful person in Italian media owning a lot of companies that compete with The Pirate Bay and he would like to stay that way - so one of his lackeys, Giancarlo Mancusi, ordered a shutdown of our domain name and IP in Italy to make it hard to not support Berlusconis empire.

We have had fights previously in Italy, recently with our successful art installation where we had to storm Fortezza in order to get our art done. And as usual, we won. We will also win this time.

We have already changed IP for the website - that makes it work for half the ISPs again. And we want you all to inform your italian friends to switch their DNS to OpenDNS so they can bypass their ISPs filters. This will also let them bypass the other filters installed by the Italian government, as a bonus.

And please, everybody should also contact their ISP and tell them that this is not OK and that the ISPs should appeal. We don't want a censored internet! And the war starts here...

The Pirate Bay is the worlds largest BitTorrent website. They also run several other services including BayImg, and BayWords. They are known for fighting laws and being hosted in Sweden, where there are very few internet laws. They can do pretty much anything they want, which any website Admins dreams of. This is huge because no other country has ever completly BLOCKED them. As you can read, they already found a way around it lol.

My Take:
I made this lol

Last edited by Ghost; 08-13-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2008, 07:39 PM   #2
Dr. Jekyll
A STRANGE CASE OF...
Points: 4,260, Level: 41 Points: 4,260, Level: 41 Points: 4,260, Level: 41
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii

My Mood: Cynical
Dr. Jekyll is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

I have yet to see someone actually stop The Pirate Bay.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:55 PM   #3
Ghost

I love TPB, and I download from them all the time. I cant wait to see what theyre gonna do about this Italy thing...Prolly get the people in Italy to have a civil war or sumthing lol.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:17 PM   #4
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
I love TPB, and I download from them all the time. I cant wait to see what theyre gonna do about this Italy thing...Prolly get the people in Italy to have a civil war or sumthing lol.
I think banning the Pirate Bay would be a good idea. It could keep people out of jail and avoid several Lawsuits
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Old 08-19-2008, 04:28 PM   #5
Lukario
Soft Edge
Points: 12,184, Level: 72 Points: 12,184, Level: 72 Points: 12,184, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Remember, it's only fun until you get caught. They're only doing the right thing. I don't have any problems with people torrenting, but you all end up becoming leechers in the end because you don't buy the product. Every self-righteous seeder is still stealing.

Lukario

Last edited by Lukario; 08-19-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:44 PM   #6
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Fanning View Post
I think banning the Pirate Bay would be a good idea. It could keep people out of jail and avoid several Lawsuits
No offence, but that is a stupid idea. The Pirate Bay stands for freedom. Freedom of speech, with Baywords, freedom of everything else with BayImage and TPB. No one has gone to jail from TPB, and no succesful law suit has ever occured, thus you have no point :/
Old 08-22-2008, 11:10 PM   #7
Lukario
Soft Edge
Points: 12,184, Level: 72 Points: 12,184, Level: 72 Points: 12,184, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Yes, the freedom to **** every developer out of the money you would have spent on their product by stealing it.

LOL, you can't really blame Italy. After all, if they aren't Fascist, then what would they be? A Democracy? A Totalitarian empire? Who knows.

Lukario

Last edited by Lukario; 08-22-2008 at 11:13 PM. Reason: So the kidz don't cry.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:33 AM   #8
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
No offence, but that is a stupid idea. The Pirate Bay stands for freedom. Freedom of speech, with Baywords, freedom of everything else with BayImage and TPB. No one has gone to jail from TPB, and no succesful law suit has ever occured, thus you have no point :/
Hey, Its not really 'Freedom' It is Illegal. Freedom is not being ruled by people, and not being slaves. But stealing is wrong, You are taking money from developers, Musicians, Etc because you are too cheap to buy the item
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Old 08-23-2008, 01:42 AM   #9
Dr. Jekyll
A STRANGE CASE OF...
Points: 4,260, Level: 41 Points: 4,260, Level: 41 Points: 4,260, Level: 41
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii

My Mood: Cynical
Dr. Jekyll is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

It's freedom to get what we want for free, bla bla bla. It's stealing. Now that doesn't mean there aren't valid reasons for doing it. For Example: Say you need a good word program for work, it costs $100, you can either do research on it or find out yourself by buying it. Personally I would just see if it is really good or not, and then buy it. Still, there are demos and trials for a reason... So maybe there really isn't a good reason for pirating, besides the prices nowadays.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:28 PM   #10
smashfan120
Sir Smash
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Golden Mushroom

smashfan120 We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 1st Annual Award SSBB Tourney Winner Game Reviewer SSBB Tourney Winner 
Total Awards: 5

Send a message via AIM to smashfan120 PSN ID: anthonyx101
I usually download from TPB.I cant believe that happened.
Closed Thread