Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment

Notices

Media Entertainment Discuss Movies, Music, TV, Books, Comics and anything related to Media Entertainment.

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,729, Level: 100 Points: 58,729, Level: 100 Points: 58,729, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
What is wrong with "musical artists" these days?

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good artists out there right now, but turn on your radio, and tune in to a popular station. You're going to hear a bunch of garbage about partying, going to the club, having gratuitous sex with 15 people, getting drunk, or any combination of these things. But why? People have always gone to clubs, and they always will, but why does every single song have to be about it? And if they aren't about any of those things they are probably about something like owning a bunch of material shit like cars or money. Isn't music supposed to come from the heart? What does this music say about the hearts of these individuals? Today's pop culture icons are a bunch of shallow, heartless, idiots leading people down a path of horrible decisions. Why?!

Who here likes having sex? Probably all of us. There is nothing wrong with sex, but why glorify it into soemthing it's not? It's also supposed to be something that is very personal, and not to be flaunted. Not according to the current music trendsetters! It's ridiculous.

So why are they so incapable of writing a song about something that matters? Almsot every new pop song that comes out on the market is generic, bland, redundant and about the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
CrackaStoleMyYoshi
Points: 107, Level: 2 Points: 107, Level: 2 Points: 107, Level: 2

CrackaStoleMyYoshi is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't exactly know what happened to the music industry, really. It's a shame. I remember when songs used to be about something that mattered and was relateable. Now it seems like they're trying to be relateable in all the worst ways. Or maybe they were trying to be "different" in their lyrics originally.

I just think it sucks. The only "pop" artist I like is [don't judge me] Lady Gaga.
Otherwise, I stick to my classic rock and metal, thank you.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,033, Level: 100 Points: 38,033, Level: 100 Points: 38,033, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Sex sells.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Old 10-24-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,729, Level: 100 Points: 58,729, Level: 100 Points: 58,729, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackaStoleMyYoshi View Post
I don't exactly know what happened to the music industry, really. It's a shame. I remember when songs used to be about something that mattered and was relateable. Now it seems like they're trying to be relateable in all the worst ways. Or maybe they were trying to be "different" in their lyrics originally.

I just think it sucks. The only "pop" artist I like is [don't judge me] Lady Gaga.
Otherwise, I stick to my classic rock and metal, thank you.
Even most newer metal bands are going in the "party" route, it just seems more about violence and hardcore drugs than sex and drinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 10-24-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
CrackaStoleMyYoshi
Points: 107, Level: 2 Points: 107, Level: 2 Points: 107, Level: 2

CrackaStoleMyYoshi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Konata View Post
Sex sells.
This.

But it depends which band you're listening to, really.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:15 PM   #6
Bryaugh
ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Points: 825, Level: 15 Points: 825, Level: 15 Points: 825, Level: 15

Bryaugh will become famous soon enough

Because sadly that's what's popular among the common folk because presumably that's how they like to spend their time. And by common folk I mean chavs, innit. Besides, it's not the "artists" who release that crap, it's the people who write their songs for them and autotune them to hell because they'd rather have a horrible sounding mechanical voice and a model to paste half naked anywhere they can fit a picture than anyone who can actually sing and looks like a human being.

Popular things make me angry.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #7
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,033, Level: 100 Points: 38,033, Level: 100 Points: 38,033, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryaugh View Post
Because sadly that's what's popular among the common folk because presumably that's how they like to spend their time. And by common folk I mean chavs, innit.
Somehow I doubt a chav has any influence on an artist. Artists write songs based on what's popular in the music industry. It has to be purchased enough to get into the charts to be recognised. A chav wouldn't buy music.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #8
Bryaugh
ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Points: 825, Level: 15 Points: 825, Level: 15 Points: 825, Level: 15

Bryaugh will become famous soon enough

Oh but they do. The evidence is all over the radio and the TV.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #9
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

I can't tell if you're joking or not. People who buy music have money. A chav, based on how the world sees them, would spend their little amount on alcohol and cigarettes. Besides, the majority of the people who listen to music, listen to it because of the music itself. Not the lyrics. I listen to a lot of the 'trash' about drugs & gangs etc, as well as stuff with decent lyrics. I like it because of the rhythm - the same with any kind of music I listen to.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:41 PM   #10
Tanis
Ordinary
Points: 6,041, Level: 50 Points: 6,041, Level: 50 Points: 6,041, Level: 50
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama WiiU ID: Peridot-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Konata View Post
Sex sells.
/thread

Closed Thread