Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Post away about anything in general just remember no content that would fit in other sections.

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
Cory of PC
Goomba
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1

Cory of PC is an unknown quantity at this point

Elite Beat Agents: the Movie?

OK first I'm lost in where to put this and I know this will move so I'll put it here for the moment. Anyway I've posted this elsewhere so I'm attempting to broaden my message. Here's the post:

Hello everyone. Now I want to say that yes I'm insane for coming up with an RIDICULOUS idea that is what's stated in the title, but hear me out...

Now, I know I've bad grammar (it's in the form of tense issues) but I'm going to be writing up the script to an Elite Beat Agents prequel set, of course, before the first game and it's going to be an entirely fan-fare movie created by the fans of the games for the fans of the games AND in music in general. My plan at this point is to tell how Agent J and Agent Spin got into the agency and how they got to be, while having Chieftain kinda serving as a mentor to the young agents (while being the bad-a that he is), Kahn being... Kahn, the Divas getting some screen time and the Ouendan team getting a cameo performing a cheering routine. Plotwise I have NO IDEA on where to go, other than our two inexperience agents getting some field time and a business man that wants to shut down the EBA due to lack of funding and lack of actual use to the people (basic saying if the agency doesn't get enough people for help, then bye-bye EBA!) I still need to figure out what I'm going to do for my soundtrack but once I get that done, I'm going to get to work on the script and then I'm going to go into search for my cast and crew.

Plus, I really want to have Reggie Fils-Aime (especially) and James Rolfe (questionable) on the project. Considering that Fils-Aime is a fan of Elite Beat Agents and seeing the Nerd in a weird scenario in this universe would be a funny thing to see, I think it'll be great to have some big names on this project but I can hold out on those until I get close to finishing pre-production.

OK, here's my list so far:

NOTE [Oct. 25, 2011]: Any song that has (OPEN) next to it means the song is free to create and (CLOSED) means the song is taken by someone (including me). I have gotten the soundtrack figured out and it's now time to figure out the scenarios (and also find some band members and singers)!

The Fan Soundtrack
01. “Beat It” by Fall Out Boy (feat. John Mayer) (Need a band first before we do a beatmap for this)
02. “Lets Get Funky Tonight" by Dream Street (OPEN)
03. "Working for the Weekend" by Loverboy (OPEN)
04. “Flirtin' with Disaster" by Molly Hatchet (OPEN)
05. “Cherokee Boogie" by BR5-49 (OPEN)
06. “Break Me" by the Irresponsibles (CLOSED)
07. “My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw <= my sad song for this movie (OPEN)
08. "Fortunate Son" by Creedence Clearwater Revival (OPEN)
09. "I Will Play for Gumbo" by Jimmy Buffutt
10. “Re-Education (Through Labor)" by Rise Against (OPEN)
11. "American Idiot (musical version)" (OPEN)
12. "Walkie-Talkie Man" by Jason Paige
13. "Kick it Up a Notch" (CLOSED)

Promotional Music Videos
"Party in the CIA" by "Weird Al" Yankovic (For Agent Spin) (OPEN)
"The Message" by Nate James (For Agent J) (OPEN)
"Ready to Roll" by Jet Black Stare (For Agent Chieftain) (OPEN)
"So What?" by P!nk (For the Divas) (OPEN)

And that's it. I am working on getting a beatmap for Kick it Up a Notch, along with the beatmap for Break Me. I will need help in the creation of some of the beatmaps (including mine) and I would REALLY like to have some bands and singers on hand before we create some of these maps (since... well, the games FEATURE cover artists to get around copyright so I don't want to break away from the norm!)

Cast (CLOSED FOR THE TIME BEING)
Commander Kahn -
Agent J -
Agent Spin -
Agent Chieftain -
Agent Treble (OC for the movie) -
Agent Flatt (OC for the movie) -
Agent Morris -
Agent Derek -
Agent Starr -
Agent Foxx -
Agent Missy -
... (more to come!)

Crew
Director -
Producer(s) -
Executive Producer(s) -
Screenwriters - Cory of PRIVATE Corp
Choreographer -
... (more positions will open up when I can think of them...)

---

If you want to help me out with this, I'm VERY GRATEFUL! I'm going to need all the help I can get for this! If you want a position for the crew that I don't have listed already, feel free to post it and I'll have you up here. And I'm open to suggestions as to what I can do for scenarios. Once I have them, then I can work on the script and then begin my general audition. Also I am done making changes to my soundtrack, so I won't make any changes upon dislike.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2011, 12:00 AM   #2
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,829, Level: 100 Points: 59,829, Level: 100 Points: 59,829, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
Movie?

No I'd rather have a sequel to the game, thank you very much?

Old 10-26-2011, 03:44 AM   #3
xXDaKidXx
Nintendo News Man!
Points: 3,453, Level: 36 Points: 3,453, Level: 36 Points: 3,453, Level: 36
User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Super Leaf

My Mood: Gaming
xXDaKidXx has a spectacular aura aboutxXDaKidXx has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Send a message via AIM to xXDaKidXx
At first I was like: :^D! and then I was like: :^L

Cool Sig huh^^?

DaKidWiiTrailers - My Awesome Youtube
^Click that for Updates, Trailers, and more!
3DS FC:
5455 - 9667 - 3429
Old 10-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 24,257, Level: 94 Points: 24,257, Level: 94 Points: 24,257, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Is Elite Beat Agents even bug enough for a movie?(and not just with Nintendo fans)
Old 10-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,829, Level: 100 Points: 59,829, Level: 100 Points: 59,829, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
Not really. ^
Unfortunately, it's sales flopped here in the states compared to Japan. Which is sad because considering it is the best music game ever.
Well, in Japan it's a little different (it's about cheerleaders instead of secret agents) and it had different scenarios but the same concept.
Of course we Americans think any game with secret agents better have guns, explosions and boobs or else it's stupid.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:58 PM   #6
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

This sounds like Glee: The Movie.

Hell, any Nintendo movie is better than no Nintendo movie. I like it.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #7
Tanis
Zvarri
Points: 6,169, Level: 51 Points: 6,169, Level: 51 Points: 6,169, Level: 51
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama WiiU ID: Peridot-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDaKidXx View Post
At first I was like: :^D! and then I was like: :^L
Old 10-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #8
xXDaKidXx
Nintendo News Man!
Points: 3,453, Level: 36 Points: 3,453, Level: 36 Points: 3,453, Level: 36
User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance User owns 1x Super Leaf

My Mood: Gaming
xXDaKidXx has a spectacular aura aboutxXDaKidXx has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Send a message via AIM to xXDaKidXx
^lol

Cool Sig huh^^?

DaKidWiiTrailers - My Awesome Youtube
^Click that for Updates, Trailers, and more!
3DS FC:
5455 - 9667 - 3429
Old 10-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #9
Cory of PC
Goomba
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1

Cory of PC is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, mix reply. Well as I mentioned in my post above, I've put this on other sites and I got a strong result on one site. Really my goal for this is this to be a fan-movie created by fans and I'm doing my best to help spread the word. Granted this seems like a long shot and insane because this is a video game movie involving music (similar to Glee), but if I find people willing to try out, including musicians, bands, actors and writers, I can create something that will be fitting for the fans instead of what execs want us to like.

... And really, this is not going to be close to Glee. OK I've seen the show so I don't have anything negative or positive to say (I heard one of their covers and I like it), but there is going to be some differences. The only question is what am I going to put into the script. Not only do I need a general plot (which is the EBA needs funding and they need successful missions to acquire that funding), but I need to come up with new, original scenarios that will help tie the story together.

One scenario: how about we make fun of Bieber and have that mission be a failure?

I got some others, but I'm going to leave a few of them a secret (especially my sad song and finale).
Old 10-28-2011, 04:04 PM   #10
NommyNommy
Banned

NommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoy View Post
Which is sad because considering it is the best music game ever.
you need to play more music games.
Closed Thread