Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > Debate Forum

Notices

Debate Forum This is the Debate forum engage in serious debates here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 08:39 AM   #1
Bryaugh
ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Points: 825, Level: 15 Points: 825, Level: 15 Points: 825, Level: 15

Bryaugh will become famous soon enough

PC vs Mac

*sigh*

Here I have given a comparison of two computers built from the same quality components from the same manufacturers, both with operating systems installed, both with keyboard and mouse, one a PC and one a Mac, priced within £100 of each other.

(Gaming PC) - Destroyer - £909.98
(Mac) - iMac - £999.00

The iMac there only has a 2.5GHz i5 Intel processor whereas the Destroyer has an i7 Intel processor running at 3.4GHz, the iMac only has 4GB of RAM compared to the Destroyer's 8GB, the iMac only has a AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics card which is a middle class card for laptops while the Destroyer has an insanely powerful high end NVidia GTX 560 gaming graphics card and the iMac is £90 more expensive than the Destroyer, despite how hugely outclassed it is.

Add to this that you can also install OS X on non-Apple products if you care enough about it and you can install Windows on Macs, and the operating system argument is taken entirely out of the equation.

Now this is entirely based on hardware.

So here's how I see this topic for debate:
Would you rather spend £999.00 on a mid-range computer, or £909.98 on a very decent high-end one?
Old 10-29-2011, 09:29 AM   #2
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,025, Level: 100 Points: 37,025, Level: 100 Points: 37,025, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

OP is extremely bias. People buy Macs because they look good. If you're not willing to spend £2000 on a high quality Mac, then that's that. Something isn't better just because you don't have to spend as much.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Old 10-29-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
Bryaugh
ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

Damn, I have seen the error of my ways. Finally I see it's worth spending £1,000 more if something looks objectively better. Excuse me while I go take out a new loan. :P

I admit I am a little biased based on the price (as I already said in the other thread), but I also can't see the huge attraction to Macs anyway. There are some cool things about them, but nothing that can justify the price for me. The only Apple products I really respect are the iPhone and iPod touch. Anyway, I can never resist a healthy debate... blame Mike >.>

Last edited by Bryaugh; 10-29-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #4
Mikematute
Zombie Prosecutor
Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Gaming
Mikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Review of the Month Poster 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryaugh View Post
I admit I am a little biased based on the price (as I already said in the other thread), but I also can't see the huge attraction to Macs anyway. There are some cool things about them, but nothing that can justify the price for me. The only Apple products I really respect are the iPhone and iPod touch. Anyway, I can never resist a healthy debate... blame Mike >.>
yeah sure. blame everything on the person who loves apple . thats racist man XD.

Not everyone buys macs because they look better, some even work better (software talking) but we are talking about hardware here so yeah, hardware based maybe the other one is better but My point on making a thread was for us to discuss apple VS idk Windows or somehting.

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK I AM
Old 10-29-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
Bryaugh
ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

Oooooh, in that case OS X vs which version of Windows? Because if you pick Windows 8 I'll be on the Apple fanboy wagon quicker than you can say "tablets are the future."
Old 10-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #6
Mikematute
Zombie Prosecutor
Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Gaming
Mikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Review of the Month Poster 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryaugh View Post
Oooooh, in that case OS X vs which version of Windows? Because if you pick Windows 8 I'll be on the Apple fanboy wagon quicker than you can say "tablets are the future."
lol. I meant in general, apple VS you may say Windows (example) including software and hardware or even you may say different opinions refering software and hardware XD

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK I AM
Old 10-29-2011, 01:13 PM   #7
NommyNommy
Banned

NommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to behold

the original debate was apple vs other products, not just windows or just mac vs pc

which would mean ipod vs w/e, ipad vs w/e, etc
Old 10-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #8
Bryaugh
ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

The original question was why anyone would hate Apple. My answer is "because I hate anything I can't afford." There's nothing amazingly good or bad about their products in general until you look at the price. I continued because Mike said he hadn't looked and I wanted to demonstrate my point, not change his mind. I'm sure he understands that, since the price is all I was ripping on :P I can list masses of good points about their products, but I still hate the company.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:42 PM   #9
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,025, Level: 100 Points: 37,025, Level: 100 Points: 37,025, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

I hate Nintendo. They charge £30 for an official controller when I can get an unofficial one that does exactly the same thing for £10. Money huh.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Old 10-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #10
Bryaugh
ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

I know right, especially since you can also get another similar console that does all the same things and has the same games plus a lot more for half the price.