Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > General Nintendo Section

Notices

General Nintendo Section All general Nintendo content here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,427, Level: 100 Points: 58,427, Level: 100 Points: 58,427, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Future Nintendo Selects candidates?

Ok, for a game to be rereleased as player's choice/nintendo selects, it has to sell really well. But what constitutes "really well"?

Super Paper Mario sold 2.49 million copies worldwide. Animal Crossing: City Folk sold 3.22 million. However, Warioware: Smooth Moves sold only 1.8 million, and Punch-Out!! sold a meager 1.5 in comparison, yet are still Nintendo Selects.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that 1 million copies sold is the bare minimum requirement. However, what about Super Smash Bros. Brawl? It's still $50. Then there are game,s such as Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, which is still $40. Fire Emblem sold an extremely disappointing 53 thousand copies, so I can see why it is not a Nintendo Select title, but why such a steep price?

So, NFF, whata re some games that you feel will eventually be Nintendo Selects and that should already be?

I think Brawl,and New Super Mario Bros Wii are titles that are not but should be. As for the future, I can foresee Kirby's Return to Dreamland making it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #2
NommyNommy
Banned

NommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to behold

Brawl isn't rereleased because it's still selling well. They would only rerelease games that are slowing down on the sales.
Kirby just came out a week or so ago, so rereleasing that would be pointless, unless they do it when the Wii U is already out or something.

Fire Emblem is probably just has less copies so they charge more
Old 11-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #3
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,389, Level: 100 Points: 37,389, Level: 100 Points: 37,389, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Mhm. Fire Emblem has way less copies shipped than games like Mario/Zelda. They keep the price high because only the fans will buy the games, so they're willing to pay more.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Closed Thread