Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > PC Gaming

Notices

PC Gaming Post anything relating to PC Gaming.

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Pink Pearl Voice
Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59
User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: In Love
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Game Reviewer Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Poster Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 9

Send a message via MSN to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Send a message via Skype™ to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Xbox Live Gamertag: z0mbii baItt
Question Sims 3 Pets...Magic Gnomes?!

Hello, it's Colorful CrAzYoNzZ, your local Sims Fanatic. I just got the Sims 3 Pets expansion for my birthday, and I was super-excited. I have been playing it for hours a day and love everything abou it!

Except for two things. One is a glitch that causes Sims or pets in the game to randomly freeze while their needs still drop, and without intervention, the Sim or pet can die even though they are frozen in place. I hope a patch will fix this.

The other problem is why I am here today. Out of nowhere, these wierd things have been appearing all over my house in random locations. I think they are called magic gnomes, as they can move around at will. One is a pink bunny, the other is a dog dressed in gnome clothes (pointy hat, jacket, ect.) and they are quite annoying.

I looked them up on Google and can't find any solid information on what they do or why they appear. If anyone knows what they do, or how to make them stop showing up, please enlighten me. I usually sell them, but I can't figure out how to get them to stop showing up in my home.

Thank you!

If you look everybody here is trying on new faces
And the ones that fit are surprisingly contagious
With a shiny new beginning we cordially invite you to
Into the dressing room.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Did you put in a cheat for the gnomes to show up? If not, then it's probably just a hidden unintentional glitch you ran into, in which case you'll have to deal with it until EA patches it.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Pink Pearl Voice

Colorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Game Reviewer Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Poster Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Review of the Month 

Send a message via MSN to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Send a message via Skype™ to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Xbox Live Gamertag: z0mbii baItt
I didn't put in a cheat for it to happen...I've heard about the magic gnomes before, but never had a problem with them until I installed the Sims 3 Pets expansion. They will randomly pop up and then disappear...or move to a different room or something daily. I thought it was cute at first, but now it just gets on my nerves... :/

Into the dressing room.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:04 PM   #4
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 

Hopefully, you don't have a really far save yet, because the best I can guess is that something went wrong in installation, and you will have to re-install it. Re-install The Sims 3 Pets, and only the Sims 3 Pets. Hope that helps
Old 11-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #5
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Pink Pearl Voice

Awards Showcase

I don't think it's a glitch, I asked on the Sims 3 website and a bunch of the other players said they have them too. I just wish I could find a way to turn them off or something.

Into the dressing room.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #6
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

Hmmm... It is most likely a glitch, and a bad one at that in the game itself, and you will need to get a patch. Not to worry, if most people are having the issue, I'd imagine a patch is not far off.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #7
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Pink Pearl Voice

Awards Showcase

Well, recently there have been no gnomes. :3

I downloaded a game update and they just stopped, so maybe that fixed the glitch.

Yay! ^_^

Into the dressing room.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:43 PM   #8
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

That would be the reason, game updates/patch. Glad it worked out for ya.

Tags
gnomes, magic, pets, sims3