Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Creative Corner > Profiles and Blogs

Notices

Profiles and Blogs Blogs and Profiles written by our members, telling about themselves.

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
Tanis
Ordinary
Points: 6,041, Level: 50 Points: 6,041, Level: 50 Points: 6,041, Level: 50
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama WiiU ID: Peridot-sama
Halp.

Sorry for coming to you guys with this, but I just needed to vent on my (virtual) keyboard.

I've been thinking about dropping out of college lately. While school isn't exactly "tough" for me, I just hate it. I've never liked it, and I probably never will. I never studied before and make exceptional passing grades with little effort, natural talent I guess. Despite that, I just feel that college isn't for me. I'm currently on both Academic and Financial Aid Suspension due to my abysmal performance.

For starters, it's expensive. Even with Financial Aid and grants, I still owe $1600+ for the previous semester. As you may or may not know, I come from a pretty low-income family and live with a single parent. $1600 is a pretty nice chunk of change that I'm not capable of paying off without difficulties. Even if I got that out of the way, the semester coming up is going to cost even more. I just can't do it, nor do I want to burden my parents with paying for my schooling when I'm not even sure if I want to continue.

Secondly, as a reiteration, I just don't like school. Period. I am the first in my immediate family to go to college, I have others looking up to me and pushing me to do my best...I don't want to be "that guy" and drop out just like that. My parents have always wanted me to succeed in school and well, I did, just to get out of high school. However, that piece of paper I got 7 months ago means shit nowadays - a diploma won't get me anywhere in life anymore. It's almost as if society is forcing you to further your education or wind up working a miserable two-bit job just to make a decent living for the rest of your life. My parents are the type that won't take this lightly (not that I'm really sure anyone would), but I have a feeling they'll try to convince me to stay if I do decide to drop out. My life has been a trainwreck recently and it's probably clouding my good judgement right now, but I just don't know what to do anymore. It just feels like I'm being forced to do this, and I honestly don't want to.

Any advice?
/blogNFF

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,729, Level: 100 Points: 58,729, Level: 100 Points: 58,729, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
I like you, don't like school, but I don't see myself dropping out of college until I have at least a bachelors. There is nothing wrong with dropping out so long as you have sufficient reason, but I say you should try to stick it out as long as you can - at least get an associates in something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 12-21-2011, 02:43 PM   #3
Mikematute
Zombie Prosecutor
Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Gaming
Mikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Review of the Month Poster 
Total Awards: 4

Check attachments
It had to be done
anyways...I cannto comment....In my opinion you should stay and at least finish what you think is engohg to have in life...or work and pay for it yourself???? IDK
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 53025129.jpg (33.5 KB, 9 views)

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK I AM
Old 12-21-2011, 04:42 PM   #4
NommyNommy
Banned

NommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to behold

So the main problem im assuming the money?
here's the derp answer, but try getting a job (even though its extremely difficult to find one, and you might not have the time for one)

about the just not liking school thing... just get over it.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Pink Pearl Voice
Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59
User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: In Love
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Game Reviewer Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Poster Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 9

Send a message via MSN to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Send a message via Skype™ to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Xbox Live Gamertag: z0mbii baItt
Maybe you can get some student loans and pay them back when you graduate and find a job? What about scholarships? I work hard and make good grades and this GAMA organization has payed for my 2 years of college so far, it wouldn't hurt to look into some of those.

I would advise you not to drop out unless it's absolutely necessary, like you said, it will be tough to find a job with less than a college degree.

If you look everybody here is trying on new faces
And the ones that fit are surprisingly contagious
With a shiny new beginning we cordially invite you to
Into the dressing room.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #6
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,028, Level: 100 Points: 38,028, Level: 100 Points: 38,028, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

I didn't think anyone would like school. You'll probably dislike working even more though. So I say stay in school/college.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Old 12-22-2011, 04:16 PM   #7
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,729, Level: 100 Points: 58,729, Level: 100 Points: 58,729, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Konata View Post
I didn't think anyone would like school. You'll probably dislike working even more though. So I say stay in school/college.
I prefer working to school. When I'm working, I'm making money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 12-22-2011, 05:12 PM   #8
Gareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
We go to school so we can get a better job to earn more money to pay back our student loan. Ahh the visicous circle

Stick it out, it gets easier trust me.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #9
Tanis
Ordinary
Points: 6,041, Level: 50 Points: 6,041, Level: 50 Points: 6,041, Level: 50
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama WiiU ID: Peridot-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
This.

That said, I'm weighing my options now. I'm a little more clear-minded now than when I wrote the OP. I'll probably end up staying...just need to turn things around now.

Merci guys and CC~

Old 01-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #10
LafterIzPhun
The Troll
Points: 702, Level: 14 Points: 702, Level: 14 Points: 702, Level: 14
User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Horny
LafterIzPhun is a jewel in the roughLafterIzPhun is a jewel in the roughLafterIzPhun is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

Im a little late to post here, but I am currently in high school. I am a senior. The problem I have is, as a senior, I have very limited options for classes at this point. I plan on going on to schooling for Business Management, but I face similar problems: Hate school, Low income. I, fortunately, DO have a job, but I suggest to you, stick it out, study a bit (really shouldn't be saying that here, I don't do studying either :/) and try to get out of the suspensions. But, as I am not even TO college yet, I am only saying what my teachers, and a few of my college friends have told me.

Hope my two cents helped

I am the troll, so don't you dare!
Closed Thread