Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment

Notices

Media Entertainment Discuss Movies, Music, TV, Books, Comics and anything related to Media Entertainment.

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 05:19 AM   #1
a_sno_man
Processing.
Points: 591, Level: 11 Points: 591, Level: 11 Points: 591, Level: 11
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

My Mood: Cold
a_sno_man is a jewel in the rougha_sno_man is a jewel in the rougha_sno_man is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

Xbox Live Gamertag: HumanShield2256
Sherlock Holmes

I just got home from watching the latest Sherlock Holmes movie, and I thought it was fantastic. Whats your take on the new Holmes [craze?] that seems to be springing up? Did you enjoy the BBC mini series?(If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it) And how do you feel about the second series?(And that horrible cliffhanger at the end of the first one) Have you read the books, and do you think the media did a good job of recapturing the character? Post away!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2012, 05:44 AM   #2
=^.^=
Banned

My Mood: Angelic
=^.^= is a jewel in the rough=^.^= is a jewel in the rough=^.^= is a jewel in the rough

i've never read or seen anything to do with sherlock holmes.
i would have seen the recent movies, but they seem to be more action than mystery.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
a_sno_man
Processing.
Points: 591, Level: 11 Points: 591, Level: 11 Points: 591, Level: 11
User owns 1x Nintendo DS

My Mood: Cold
a_sno_man is a jewel in the rougha_sno_man is a jewel in the rougha_sno_man is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

Xbox Live Gamertag: HumanShield2256
While the movies had more action than the books, there were still plenty of(brilliant) mysteries and puzzles to keep the audience entertained. Also, I just finished watching the end of the BBC's Season 2. Another mind-breaking cliffhanger(although if you are familiar with the books, you could see it coming). But don't be discouraged by the amount of action in the movies, they are still keep the spirit.

"It pays to be obvious, especially if you have a reputation for subtlety." -Salvor Hardin
Old 01-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
Rai17
Actor
Points: 14,503, Level: 78 Points: 14,503, Level: 78 Points: 14,503, Level: 78
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Snake rope User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 2x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Invincibility Star
User owns 2x Rod Of Seasons User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 2x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 2x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Water Element

My Mood: Brooding
Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Yoshi NFF Old Man Award Celebrity Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Inventor Award NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 9

I have all the books. I love all the actors. Just. <3

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
----The NFF Facebook Page
Old 02-05-2012, 05:52 AM   #5
Carnival
Toadette
Points: 379, Level: 7 Points: 379, Level: 7 Points: 379, Level: 7

My Mood: Angelic
Carnival is just really niceCarnival is just really niceCarnival is just really niceCarnival is just really nice

Xbox Live Gamertag: llxsmurf
I've only seen the Robert Downey Jr. movies.
I was going to watch the BBC Sherlock show, but it seemed too much like the creators couldn't be bothered to write their own characters and so they used someone else's. Seems like just a typical crime show.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
Rai17
Actor
Points: 14,503, Level: 78 Points: 14,503, Level: 78 Points: 14,503, Level: 78
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Snake rope User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 2x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Invincibility Star
User owns 2x Rod Of Seasons User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 2x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 2x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Water Element

My Mood: Brooding
Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Yoshi NFF Old Man Award Celebrity Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Inventor Award NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 9

I hate how the fandom's treating the series T.T

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
----The NFF Facebook Page
Closed Thread