Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo DS/DSI/3DS

Notices

Nintendo DS/DSI/3DS Anything Nintendo DS, DS Lite, 3DS, and DSi related.

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 12:48 AM   #1
xXMence and FlowXx
Shut up the ****!
Points: 1,191, Level: 18 Points: 1,191, Level: 18 Points: 1,191, Level: 18
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Bow and Arrow

My Mood: Horny
xXMence and FlowXx is just really nicexXMence and FlowXx is just really nicexXMence and FlowXx is just really nicexXMence and FlowXx is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

Kid Icarus: Uprising - Official Thread.

Quote:
Uprising is a direct sequel to the classic NES game, and takes place 24 (25 in the Japanese version) years after the original Kid Icarus. Medusa has been revived, and once again attempts to eradicate the mortals while seeking revenge from Pit and Palutena. In hearing this news, Palutena summons her most loyal servant, Pit, to stop Medusa and her Underworld Army, and restore peace to Angel Land once more. Along the way, Pit will encounter many new characters and enemies in the greatly expanded Kid Icarus universe. The story mode will also be divided into separate chapters that each represent a stage. As of now, only five chapters are known:
Chapter 1: The Return of Palutena
Chapter 2: Magnus and the Dark Lord
Chapter 3: Heads of the Hewdraw
Chapter 4: The Reaper's Line of Sight
Chapter 8: Star Ship of the Heavens
In addition, there have been numerous other locations revealed in the trailers, although it is unknown what chapters they appear in. These include:
  • A snowy wasteland that is made up of many canyons and caverns.
  • A forested area where Pit is seen defeating one of the game's currently unknown bosses.
  • A dark cavern where the Eggplant Wizard is first encountered.
  • A desert area where Pit is flying towards the sunset.
  • A grassland with ruins that is plagued with tornadoes. Dark Pit will be encountered here.
  • A purple and magenta room Dark Pit first appears in, which may be a specific area from the location mentioned above.
  • The interior of a bluish building where Pit will possibly be facing a boss or villain in battle.
  • A dreary location where Pit is seen using one of the game's vehicles.
  • A dark and foggy area with large floating, neon-colored rocks.
  • What appears to be an area with large, flat platforms located high in the sky above ruins. Dark Pit will be fought here, and the area has multiple Jump Pads for getting to the other platforms.
  • A volcanic area with a red sky. Vehicles will be used here.
  • Gameplay Modes

The game appears to be shoot'em up based, apparently with an upgrade system for Pit's blades as well. Pit retains the twin blade from Brawl, but they can be upgraded into more fierce melee weapons. As it can be gleaned from the trailer, there seems to be three primary modes of play.
  • Single Player

The single player mode is where the main game and its story will take place. Each chapter of the story is divided into three sections:
  • Flight Sections

In this game, Pit is granted the Power of Flight from Palutena, giving him the ability to fly for a limited amount of time. The areas where this ability is used resemble a free-aiming flight mode as seen in titles such as Panzer Dragoon and Omega Boost, where Pit can fly in one direction and aim in another, reminiscent of the Palace in the Sky in the original Kid Icarus. But as the trailer states, Pit can only maintain flight for 5 minutes at a time, after that Pits wings will burn out and he will fall. He can also now battle in the air and target enemies.
  • Land Sections

This appears to be a free-roaming mode, where Pit can alternate easily between melee and ranged combat depending on how close he is to an enemy. In this mode, Pit is also able to perform fast dodges and run very fast while shooting. The land sections will make up the largest parts of the game.
  • Boss Battles

At the end of every chapter, Pit will face off with a boss character. These range from fighting massive monsters such as Twinbellows, to battling other major characters like Dark Lord Gaol. In some cases, such as with Hewdraw, a portion of the boss fights might take place during the flying sections in addition to the land sections.
  • Multiplayer

A Multiplayer Mode has been confirmed for the game, featuring Pit, Dark Pit, and the Fighters as playable characters. It will be a team deathmatch type of game, pitting Light Team and Dark Team against each other in battle. There also appears to be a type of Free for All mode. This will be avaliable over both local and online play.
  • AR Battles

The game will also feature an expansive AR Battle Mode, allowing players to see all characters, enemies, items, and weapons using AR cards and the Nintendo 3DS's dual cameras. With this mode, battles can be waged with different characters and enemies, each of which have their own stats and health bars.
  • Fiend's Cauldron

At the end of the newest Uprising trailer, four images were shown teasing different modes of the game, with one being translated as the Fiend's Cauldron. This particular item is also shown on its own AR card being filled with Hearts, allowing players to increase the difficulty of the game by adding more enemies to attack as well as making them stronger.
  • Spotpass and Streetpass

For the Spotpass and Streetpass feature, players will be able to send "seeds" of weapons to other Kid Icarus: Uprising owners. These seeds contain information about a specific weapon that other players can purchase for themselves at the Arm's Altar.
    Items

Multiple Items have been revealed during gameplay videos and in trailers. Hearts will make a return as items dropped by downed monsters. Treasure Boxes have also been seen containing items such as Food, Grenades, and Drinks of the Gods.
  • Weapons

Pit is seen using the same bow as he was in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, in both twin-blade and bow mode. In addition to the bow, Pit seems to gain a very large arsenal of powerful weapons that can be chosen from before each stage. It seems as if every weapon has close and long range attacks and charged and rapid fire attacks. It has also been confirmed the weapons listed are more like categories, with many different Bows and Blades. In addition, each weapon has a special power attack that can clear the screen of most enemies, although they can only be used during flight. Each of these attacks is represented by a number of blue orbs at the bottom left of the touchscreen. The weapons that have been confirmed are as follows:
  • Bow - Pit's original weapon that can split into two blades.
  • Blade - A plasma gun with a feather-like beam sword that extends from the front.
  • Claws - A pair of red claws that work best at close range.
  • Orbitars - Two floating blue orbs that can hit multiple enemies at once.
  • Arm - A bulky mallet-like device that can shoot large flaming rocks out of its top.
  • Palm - A glowing, rainbow tattoo that harnesses multicolored energy.
  • Cannon - A bulky bazooka that slows the user down.
  • Staff - A blade-like staff that curves at the end.
  • Club - A massive weapon that can deflect enemy projectiles.
  • Powers

Powers are new weapons and abilities that Pit can use in battle. They can have different effects when used, ranging from unleashing powerful attacks to recovering Pit's health.
  • Vehicles

In addition to these weapons and abilities, Pit will also be able to utilize armed vehicles in battle and for transportation. It is currently unknown how many vehicles will be in the game, with the Exo Tank being the only one revealed so far.
    http://www.kidicaruswiki.org/Kid_Icarus:_Uprising

Ok I'm very excite for this game. I love both of the original Kid Icarus games, but Uprising... Good lord its looking good. Not to mention its in 2 of my favorite genres (Rail-shooter and Third-Person Shooter).

Love the music, the levels the cheesy, fully voiced, comical dialogue. I eat this sh*t up! Also Multiplayer is online, it looks interesting, very strategic, complex.

Yes we're all aware of the controls, but IDC, they feel fine to me. Plus, what wrong with playing a game with different controls. If it works, why change it? Anyways, who's excited for the game? Tell me! Good or not.

Mence and Flow!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2012, 04:51 AM   #2
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,101, Level: 100 Points: 37,101, Level: 100 Points: 37,101, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

It's a rail shooter? I don't know if I want this or not now.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Old 01-23-2012, 02:51 AM   #3
xXMence and FlowXx
Shut up the ****!
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Bow and Arrow

xXMence and FlowXx is just really nicexXMence and FlowXx is just really nicexXMence and FlowXx is just really nicexXMence and FlowXx is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Royalty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Konata View Post
Every level has 3 stages. Air(Railshooter), Land( Turns into a Third Person Shooter/Hack n Slash with multiple paths), Boss(Either Air or Land). I kinda like it, because it reminds me of Sin & Punishment. But S&P is all Railshooter, but Uprising Land battle you're not onrails. Can't wait. But what sold me was the Multiplayer.

Mence and Flow!!

Old 01-23-2012, 03:36 AM   #4
NommyNommy
Banned

NommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to beholdNommyNommy is a splendid one to behold

not interested.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #5
Tanis
Ordinary
Points: 5,880, Level: 49 Points: 5,880, Level: 49 Points: 5,880, Level: 49
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama WiiU ID: Peridot-sama
Palutena is hot.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
Nights
Journeys of dreams.
Points: 632, Level: 12 Points: 632, Level: 12 Points: 632, Level: 12
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Metroid

My Mood: Flirty
Nights will become famous soon enoughNights will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase
Princess Award Royalty 
Total Awards: 2

Send a message via Skype™ to Nights
I can't wait for this game.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #7
Rin
Blade of Justice
Points: 39,500, Level: 100 Points: 39,500, Level: 100 Points: 39,500, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Send a message via Skype™ to Rin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Konata View Post
On-rail segments. Not actually that bad in the grand scheme of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
Palutena is hot.
Glad to see you haven't changed at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nights View Post
I can't wait for this game.
Ditto.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #8
xXMence and FlowXx
Shut up the ****!

Awards Showcase
Royalty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
Palutena is hot.
Hey buddy, you have Morrigan, Palutena is mine. So... yeah, I own her.

Mence and Flow!!

Old 01-23-2012, 01:13 PM   #9
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,302, Level: 100 Points: 58,302, Level: 100 Points: 58,302, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
This thread is full of

Jokes aside, I'm pretty excited for this game...but seriously, what is up with Dark Pit in the trailer? "hey...." OOOOOOH...that sure filled me with fright. Not a very good villain in my opinion....more like an emo angel kid. Hopefully he is more menacing in the actual game. Or maybe he's just a sort of anti-hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 01-23-2012, 01:13 PM   #10
Tanis
Ordinary
Points: 5,880, Level: 49 Points: 5,880, Level: 49 Points: 5,880, Level: 49
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama WiiU ID: Peridot-sama