Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming Talk about any game from any console here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,302, Level: 100 Points: 58,302, Level: 100 Points: 58,302, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Games that Disturbed You

Doesn't have to be a horror game. Any games that ever disturbed you in some way?

For me, it's Final Fantasy VII. I was only 8 or so. I had played a demo of FFVIII and liked it, and asked my grandmother to get it for me. She messed up and got me FFVII, but I was 8 so I was just like "Screw it, new game!"

Now keep in mind how young I was. I mean, I thought that when Barret said "$#!@" he was saying "pizza". I had just gotten to the part where they infiltrate Shinra to rescue Aeris. So, after the scene in which they attempt to breed Red XIII with Aeiris (I though they were trying to feed her to him, by the way), they cast enters the lab and looks into a test chamber where they see Jenova....well, her body. She is missing her head. My little ehart started racing at this point, but I kept playing.

Well, I finally got to the part where the headless Jenova breaks free, and slaughters all of Shirna's staff. There was blood all over the floor and walls and that music was eerie as hell. The controller was trembling in my hand at that point.

Later, I was at that flashback scene where Cloud and Sephiroth go to Nibelheim. At the end of this section, Sephiroth reveals Jenova, hooked up to some kind of machine. Now, I think we can all agree that Jenova isn't that scary looking, but I was 8. I flipped my shits, and ran out of my room screaming.

Now, I can play the game today without it bothering me whatsoever, but no survival horror game has scared me as much as FFVII did when I was a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Pink Pearl Voice
Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59
User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: In Love
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Game Reviewer Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Poster Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 9

Send a message via MSN to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Send a message via Skype™ to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Xbox Live Gamertag: z0mbii baItt
This is kind of sad to admit, but the Hospital Ruins in Blue Dragon scared me. The music was so creepy and most of the rooms were all dark. o_o

I was sure a skeleton was going to pop out. >.>'

If you look everybody here is trying on new faces
And the ones that fit are surprisingly contagious
With a shiny new beginning we cordially invite you to
Into the dressing room.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,302, Level: 100 Points: 58,302, Level: 100 Points: 58,302, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorful CrAzYoNzZ View Post
I was sure a skeleton was going to pop out. >.>'

This is the skeleton that pops out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 02-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 22,475, Level: 93 Points: 22,475, Level: 93 Points: 22,475, Level: 93
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Mainly games where things get incredibly trippy in the end, like in FFVIII

A big one though is MGS2, where the Colonel AI started going crazy to where I literally thought there was something wrong with the Disc(I was young then)
Old 02-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
Tanis
Ordinary
Points: 5,880, Level: 49 Points: 5,880, Level: 49 Points: 5,880, Level: 49
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama WiiU ID: Peridot-sama
Chozo Ghosts in Metroid Prime. Stayed away for a full two years before I picked it up again and beat it. Then again I was 12, they're not really that scary in retrospective, so meh.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #6
jdude0822
Points: 2,026, Level: 27 Points: 2,026, Level: 27 Points: 2,026, Level: 27

jdude0822 has a spectacular aura aboutjdude0822 has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 1

PSN ID: Ps3 has no games :( (not a real psn ID) Xbox Live Gamertag: jdude0822
Lavender town in Pokemon. I never really had thought about Pokemon dying back when I first got the game, and fighting the dead Pokemon ghost really was kinda weird. Also the kangeskan cubone one connection was weird when I heard about it.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #7
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,089, Level: 100 Points: 37,089, Level: 100 Points: 37,089, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

One of the Harry Potter games on PS1 was scary as hell. Oh & Amnesia.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Old 02-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #8
Rin
Blade of Justice
Points: 39,500, Level: 100 Points: 39,500, Level: 100 Points: 39,500, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Send a message via Skype™ to Rin
Eh, nothing really invoked that emotion on me. MAYBE one of the older Silent Hill games, but not likely.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #9
Professor Luigi
Professor
Points: 414, Level: 8 Points: 414, Level: 8 Points: 414, Level: 8

My Mood: Thinking
Professor Luigi will become famous soon enoughProfessor Luigi will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to Professor Luigi Send a message via MSN to Professor Luigi Send a message via Yahoo to Professor Luigi Send a message via Skype™ to Professor Luigi
Back when I was 4, 5, or 6, I strongly recall a memory where my mom was playing with me (teaching me the joys of video games where I just sit and watch) what turned out to be my favorite and most influential games of my life: Luigi's Mansion.

But what could possibly disturb me about it?
Spoiler
Well, it's not so hard to guess when there's the unrest dead (even babies/kids!) trying to kill you, a close family member stuck beyond their dimension, basically isolated from civilization/help, wandering about a mostly-dark large building filled with traps, and then something's head popping out, only to reveal it's hollow save for a menacing evil force.

But for a man to overcome all that, he was the guy I looked up to ever since.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #10
Alice
Princess of NFF~
Points: 32,423, Level: 100 Points: 32,423, Level: 100 Points: 32,423, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 
Total Awards: 14

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
No game has ever really scared me throughout my life.
I guess some Silent Hill titles unnerved me, but I was never truly scared or disturbed by them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderRebelNews via Skype
There are too few hours in a day for things like 'eating'
Closed Thread