Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Sony PlayStation

Notices

Sony PlayStation Post anything relating to Sony PlayStation here.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:27 AM   #1
wolfboy17
Points: 637, Level: 12 Points: 637, Level: 12 Points: 637, Level: 12

wolfboy17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Help fix for PS3 YLOD?

So my 40gb pal ps3 got YLOD today, does anyone know a fix for it?

I turned on my ps3 today and 10 minutes into playing battlefield 3 it just shut itself off and would not turn on or accept any games.
wolfboy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2012, 03:26 AM   #2
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfboy17 View Post
So my 40gb pal ps3 got YLOD today, does anyone know a fix for it?

I turned on my ps3 today and 10 minutes into playing battlefield 3 it just shut itself off and would not turn on or accept any games.
Well that is not the yellow light of death. Yellow light is when... well, a yellow light appears. It doesn't turn off. You have the red light of death which is actually a lot easier to fix but really, if you are not experienced with opening on a system, using thermal paste, or comfortable blowing heat a very high tempuratures which could possibly fry your motherboard and catch things on file, then I do not recommend the manual fix... if you are comfortable, I will tell you how. PM me.
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Princess Elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:12 AM   #3
Cabin9
Baptized in a river
Points: 1,062, Level: 17 Points: 1,062, Level: 17 Points: 1,062, Level: 17
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x Shuriken

My Mood: Doh
Cabin9 is a glorious beacon of lightCabin9 is a glorious beacon of lightCabin9 is a glorious beacon of lightCabin9 is a glorious beacon of lightCabin9 is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF Artist Signature of the Month 
Total Awards: 2

In a easy way... theres not much you can do.

Cabin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:53 AM   #4
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 34,711, Level: 100 Points: 34,711, Level: 100 Points: 34,711, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award NFF's 4th Annual Award 
Total Awards: 12

You're lucky your 40GB lasted that long really. My 80GB is still working but it's been playing up recently and I can see me having to steal my brother's 250gb slim. You should pay Sony to fix it or just buy a new one. Unless you want to do some DIY with Elle.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen

Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by |Iron Wario| View Post
In a easy way... theres not much you can do.
Well it really is all pretty easy, all it really consists of it taking the system apart, removing a thermal bond, applying intense heat, and reapplying the bond. As long as you don't forget where the screws go you should be fine. It is not really hard to remember though. What I do is I get a big white sheet and lay out the screws as if they were in the system so it kinda makes an outline of where they go.

Konata, what has it been doing?
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
-Chris Rice-
Old 04-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #6
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 34,711, Level: 100 Points: 34,711, Level: 100 Points: 34,711, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award NFF's 4th Annual Award 

- Freezing completely during games so I have to shut it down by the power button.
- Turning itself off when I quit a game, then saying I shut it down incorrectly.
- When I shut it down properly and turn it back on it'll ask to do a system restore saying I turned it off incorrectly and might have corrupted something.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Konata View Post
- Freezing completely during games so I have to shut it down by the power button.
- Turning itself off when I quit a game, then saying I shut it down incorrectly.
- When I shut it down properly and turn it back on it'll ask to do a system restore saying I turned it off incorrectly and might have corrupted something.
Do you know how to access the recovery menu?
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
-Chris Rice-
Old 04-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #8
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Elle View Post
Do you know how to access the recovery menu?
I might do, I might not. I can't find out right now anyway, 2am, can't switch on PS3. I'll get back to you on it.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #9
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Konata View Post
I might do, I might not. I can't find out right now anyway, 2am, can't switch on PS3. I'll get back to you on it.
Ah, okay. If you can, I would suggest rebuilding the database. It will delete all your messages and stuff, but has helped in the past.
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
-Chris Rice-