Lucario  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Retro Consoles > Super Nintendo

Notices

Super Nintendo Super Nintendo section post here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 03:18 AM   #1
yoteca
Points: 210, Level: 4 Points: 210, Level: 4 Points: 210, Level: 4

yoteca is an unknown quantity at this point

Question about Donkey Kong Country 3

Hello,
Recently i bought the japanese version of DKC 3 and it seems to me that it runs slower than the PAL or NTSC.I play on a PAL console with a converter and i have 2 more JAP cartridges but they run absolutely fine.I tried DKC 3 on my PC with an emulator and it seems a bit faster,I also checked some youtube gameplay videos and they too seem to be faster than my cartridge..Is it possible or am I imagining things ?
Thanks for the attention
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2012, 05:34 AM   #2
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,030, Level: 100 Points: 37,030, Level: 100 Points: 37,030, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Try cleaning the cartridge. If that doesn't work it might just be faulty. Wouldn't surprise me considering how old it is.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Old 04-17-2012, 06:23 AM   #3
yoteca
Points: 210, Level: 4 Points: 210, Level: 4 Points: 210, Level: 4

yoteca is an unknown quantity at this point

I cleaned it but,there was no effect on the game speed.You say it may be faulty? I haven't thought about that..everything else is fine,the menus,the map screen..there is a speed difference between DKC 1 and 2 - 2 being faster, and one thought that comes to mind is that DKC 3 was targeting a younger audience and that's why they slowed it down..but that's just my perception,because i'm fresh out of ideas...Anyway, Thank you for your answer,I may consider buying a PAL copy just to be sure.

Best Rgds
N.Yotov
Closed Thread

Tags
donkey kong country snes