Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > Debate Forum

Notices

Debate Forum This is the Debate forum engage in serious debates here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83 Points: 16,966, Level: 83

My Mood: Angelic
Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
Teaching without a license?

So I was in the car today and saw a bumper sticker that said, "Allow unlicensed teaching in public schools!" and it kind of made me think: How many people actually think that would be okay? Personally, I would like my teacher to know about the subjects and not just read directly from a textbook.
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
- Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus) -
-Chris Rice-
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Um, no? I don't want some random person teaching my child. I'm am currently going to college to be a teacher, there is definitively a need for certification. Psychology courses have helped me epecially to analyze human behavior differently and approach people differently according to their situation. Had I not taken such classes, and were then teaching children I wouldn't know how to handle certain things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 05-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,287, Level: 100 Points: 38,287, Level: 100 Points: 38,287, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Funny topic. I don't think it'd ever be allowed for a teacher to not be educated properly.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Old 05-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
I'd like to throw in that teachers are not paid enough. at all. They make fairly small salaries. In order to be good and successful teacher, I think your life has to really be called in that direction. You have to have a reason for doing it. My reason is that I want to leave my mark on the world - what better way to accomplish that than to have an effect on the upcoming generation?

Quote:

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 05-09-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen

Princess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to beholdPrincess Elle is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Yoshi Sheriff Medic Princess Award Poster NFF Promoter 

Send a message via ICQ to Princess Elle Send a message via AIM to Princess Elle Send a message via MSN to Princess Elle Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Elle Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Elle PSN ID: ElleFan98 Xbox Live Gamertag: Willgetonesoon
Okay, so another reason I posted this was because the teachers at my previous private school were mostly unlicensed and it was stupid. In Chemistry they had no idea how to do a lot of it, I would ask for help and they would say, "Well I am not sure but it says it in the book." and by the end of the quarter I knew more than my teachers. I don't like that, I don't think that teachers should be so uneducated in the subject they are teaching that a student knows more after 1 quarter then they did after years of teaching.

I think that at least they should be tested to know they can teach and not just be allowed to teach.
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
-Chris Rice-
Old 05-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #6
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Elle View Post
Okay, so another reason I posted this was because the teachers at my previous private school were mostly unlicensed and it was stupid. In Chemistry they had no idea how to do a lot of it, I would ask for help and they would say, "Well I am not sure but it says it in the book." and by the end of the quarter I knew more than my teachers. I don't like that, I don't think that teachers should be so uneducated in the subject they are teaching that a student knows more after 1 quarter then they did after years of teaching.

I think that at least they should be tested to know they can teach and not just be allowed to teach.
I too went to a private school, a Christian school to be more specific. The "teachers" if you can call them that were retarded. The only exception was the kindergarten teacher. She was excellent at what she did, and her students had vocabularies bigger than what I had at that age. As for the rest of them...well, let's just say I had to get my GED for a reason.

Quote:

Old 05-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #7
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
I too went to a private school, a Christian school to be more specific. The "teachers" if you can call them that were retarded. The only exception was the kindergarten teacher. She was excellent at what she did, and her students had vocabularies bigger than what I had at that age. As for the rest of them...well, let's just say I had to get my GED for a reason.
Hah, same here. Private Christian school... and actually, the kindergarten teacher is the only good teacher at my school as well...
Yeah, the teachers are my school are stupid and the education was just awful! They based their teachings around supposedly "Christian standards" rather than educational standards and I think that is how they got off not being up to date on any of their information.
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
-Chris Rice-
Old 05-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #8
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Elle View Post
Hah, same here. Private Christian school... and actually, the kindergarten teacher is the only good teacher at my school as well...
Yeah, the teachers are my school are stupid and the education was just awful! They based their teachings around supposedly "Christian standards" rather than educational standards and I think that is how they got off not being up to date on any of their information.
Let me take a crack shot...Accelerated Christian Education's pace system?

Quote:

Old 05-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #9
Princess Elle
Nintendo King/Queen

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
Let me take a crack shot...Accelerated Christian Education's pace system?
Hahaha, yes! Is that what you had as well?
Worst education system ever..
Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus
Fall on Jesus and live!
-Chris Rice-
Old 05-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Yeah, that's what I had. Some of the books haven't been updated since the 70's. I got a better education in Science through Wikipedia than school, and I learned more about English from reading novels than in school.

also, Geography and World History were jokes. Every time they discussed a regions religion they would basically follow up with "But they're all going to hell for it." 'm not going to state my beliefs on that subject to avoid a flame war, but seriously? It's school. Teach them the facts, and save the evangelism for Chapel time.

Quote:

Closed Thread